PDA

View Full Version : Found some interesting stuff

bedifferent
Feb 28, 2011, 12:10 AM
Not liking the grey/monotone icons in the first Lion beta, I cracked open "Core Services" and the "Finder" app and replaced many of the 16/18/32 .png's with my own custom/colour icons. Now my Finder sidebar has much more distinguishable icons.

I also replaced many of the system icons for Mail/iCal/Address Book/etc and found in Mail that were colour counterparts to the monotone sidebar icons. Not all of them but most were present. Any idea's as to why this may be, or if there is already a way to bring back coloured icons?

Cougarcat
Feb 28, 2011, 12:16 AM
In Finder Sidebar prefs, you'll see that the icons are colored. Either they haven't finished replacing them, or they're toying with the idea of giving us an option.

bedifferent
Feb 28, 2011, 12:19 AM
In Finder Sidebar prefs, you'll see that the icons are colored. Either they haven't finished replacing them, or they're toying with the idea of giving us an option.

In which area did you see this as I only saw grey/monotone icons? If I missed something due to a change in core data structure and wasted all my time I'll be ticked! lol :mad:

Cougarcat
Feb 28, 2011, 12:22 AM
In which area did you see this as I only saw grey/monotone icons? If I missed something due to a change in core data structure and wasted all my time I'll be ticked! lol :mad:

As I said, Finder Sidebar preferences.