Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tillit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Hi,

I bought external battery coupel of months ago:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2000ma...al-battery-pack-for-iphone-3g-3gs-white-41999

But this battery burned my phone. So I claimed money for the item and my iphone back:

Descriptions:
Item ordered Oct 11, 2010 (Unique Transaction ID ***********), delivered cca 1 month later. After a few usage the ext. battery burned my iphone's power management. Iphone was in service corporation MACWELL from 29th Dec 2010 until 26th jan 2011 , but it's not repairable - only to change logicboard. I claim money back for the battery and the iphone. Service report is in attachment (in Czech and EN language). On the ext. battery pack is stick with number **************. My damaged iphone 3GS serial number is *****************.

Thank you for your reply.

M****** N***********;
Czech republic

Request (Responded) from phyllis_cai Customer Service Staff 2/17/2011 11:11:24 AM HKT (UTC+8)

Apologies for the item being defective.

If your products get damaged(only for items without Special Warranty terms in the product description and physical damage or incorrect use excluded) within 90 days after shipments (The order shipment date and order notification are provided to you by email) and the return shipping fee is less than 35% of the defective item(s) value, and also less than $40(USD),please return the item(s) by cheapest way with tracking number (ordinary mail) to the below Drop Off Box Address, we will cover the actual postage (according to the shipping receipt you provided).

After your shipment, please take a picture of the proof of shipment (shipping receipt, certificate of posting, tracking number stub, etc). We will arrange the replacement and reimbursement for your return postage after the package is received and processed.

But if the product turns out to be defective after 90 days and within 150 days from shipment?Please notice that the defective item will only be replaced, the return shipping costs will be on your sole responsibility, we will pay all the necessary shipping fees for the replaced products that we ship to you.
Should the item become defective after 150 days from shipment, customers will still be allowed to send the unit back to us. We will help forwarding the item to the manufacturer for repair or replacement until the product arrives at our warehouse, the shipping cost both ways have to be covered by customers. Repair cost (if any) incurred during the process will be at customer’s expense as well.

Return address:
TO: DealExtreme
RE: ORDER # ______

Room 225-226, Block B, Focal lndustrial Centre
21 Man Lok street
Hung Hom, Kowloon
HONG KONG

PS: Please use the cheapest way to ship the item(s) back. Courier services such as EMS, UPS, Fedex, TNT, DHL etc are NOT eligible for return shipping cost reimbursements

VERY Important: please remember to include a note in your package indicating the following items:

1. Your order number,
2. sku numbers returned and quantity, and
3. a short description of the problem(s) of the defective unit.

This note will help expediting the processing time for you. Thank you.

If you have any questions on the return, please feel free to contact us again at anytime.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Response from M********** (Customer) 2/20/2011 5:03:47 PM HKT (UTC+8)

Should I post also the damaged iphone? Cause it'S not working anymore. Then you can attest the damage and verify the cause.

Thanks for your reply.

M********** N.

Request (Responded) from phyllis_cai Customer Service Staff 2/22/2011 4:59:37 PM HKT (UTC+8)

Hello;

In this order, I see only the item 41999 2000mAh Rechargeable External Battery Pack for iPhone 3G/3GS (White).

B/R
Phyllis

Response from M*********** (Customer) 2/25/2011 1:24:38 AM HKT (UTC+8)

Yes, the only purchased item was the battery. But the iphone was burned from it. So I demand the damage price for the battery and the iphone, too. But if you can admit the fault just from the battery, I will send only that.

Request (Responded) from phyllis_cai Customer Service Staff 2/25/2011 5:55:43 PM HKT (UTC+8)

Hello;

Please send back the battery only. We're only responsible for this item.

B/R
Phyllis

Response from M************ (Customer) 2/25/2011 6:18:22 PM HKT (UTC+8)

So it means: even if you will agree, that the external battery is faulty (it burned my iphone), you will only replace the faulty item, not the accurate price of the iphone.

Thanks for your reply.

M**********

Request Response Required to Proceed from phyllis_cai Customer Service Staff 2/26/2011 4:47:49 PM HKT (UTC+8)

Hello;

For the problems of your iphone, you shall contact your seller for this problems, not us!

B/R
Phyllis
Please enter a response:Reply required.

(the phone is not in warranty service, since it was damaged by accessories. There's written "iphone's power management burned. not repairable - only to change logicboard" in the service report)

Has anyone from this forum tried to claim any faulty items from DE? Cause I think they're not going to pay me for my damaged iphone if I'm not solving this problem by law -suit (the damage is about 500 USD)...

Any advice how to solve this problem?

Last edited:

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
deal extreme sells other companies items if i am not mistaken so they cant be held accountable for your iphone damage, you are going to have to go into the apple store and act like you had your phone plugged into the wall and when you took it off it was burnt and act like you have no clue. say you only use apple cord to charge it and hope you get a nice sales person. dx really has nothing to do with your phones damage, next time buy a real charger from a reliable company.

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
I cant believe you got them to answer you :confused: I had to contact them about something a while ago and it took them weeks to answer...I stay away from them after having to wait a month for an item. I just cant believe China shuts down during the Chinese New Year.

wildrage

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
No prayer on having them replace your iphone. You MIGHT get your money back for the external battery, but that is even doubtful.

Even if you were dealing with a legitimate company here in the US, they will NEVER replace equiptment that their product damages - only the product itself. It's usually made very clear in their warranty; their liability is limited to the purchase price of their product.

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for - and my experience has been that all of these electronics shipped straight from Hong Kong are Grade A crap and basically disposable. Just my experience.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I don't think you're going to get reimbursed for your phone. That's like installing an aftermarket part to your car and going back to the original dealer to make a claim when it blows out your engine.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
you are screwed all around cause you have to pay return shipping which will cost you close to what you payed for the damn thing and then for what to get a new one in the mail that will blow your phone up haha just suck it up and learn from this mistake, i have gone through the same thing with a white glass back from sw-box not even worth sending back.

obyte

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
Boston
you are screwed all around cause you have to pay return shipping which will cost you close to what you payed for the damn thing and then for what to get a new one in the mail that will blow your phone up haha just suck it up and learn from this mistake, i have gone through the same thing with a white glass back from sw-box not even worth sending back.

what was wrong with the white back?

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
OP, sorry you got burned ... DX is probably not caring at all, they chaulk this up as oh well ... we ruined another phone.

tillit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
I'm not gonna give up. So I contacted HONG KONG Consumer Council and gave them service report and our case documentation. let's see what will happen...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.