PDA

View Full Version : WANTED Geforce 3 mac edition..64 or 128mb

8thDegreeSavage
Sep 10, 2002, 01:23 AM
Hey im looking hard for this card and cant seem to find one online or find one with a decent price...anyone have a spare or own a mac shop that can work something out with me?

shadowfax0
Sep 17, 2002, 04:45 PM
I was in your situation but a little while ago, these things are impossible to find, and even when I got a hold of one, my machine was too dated to use it effectvely (there WAS a reason for saying your powermac have to have a 4x AGP, not becuase of the AGP speed, but because of an extra little chip built into the motherboard! Go frgure! :rolleyes: ) Anyhow, I found a GF2 from dealsontheweb.com, but for the cube, but it's only a different cover, so I just reaplaced that with the one off my old graphics card. Anyhow, good luck!

8thDegreeSavage
Sep 18, 2002, 05:05 AM
YEah my 867 QS has AGP 4...im still hunting hard for a good deal on one of these cards..they seem to rock.

G5orbust
Oct 14, 2002, 07:13 PM
I dont think that the gf3 mac edition was EVER sold in stores and if you want one, go to a wholesale mac scrap place. I personally suggest a radeon 8500 Mac edition. It will be cheap as dirt right now and it will suit your needs as well as a gf3 ever would on your mac. Plus, they sell mac radeons everywhere. A simple google serch will get you wehre you need to go.