PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to sleep outside the Apple store TONIGHT?

Stealthipad
Feb 28, 2011, 05:29 PM
LOL!

I bet there will be someone who will!:p

i eversaw
Feb 28, 2011, 05:33 PM
...what?

TwinCities Dan
Feb 28, 2011, 05:33 PM
LOL

LOL
:rolleyes:

i eversaw
Feb 28, 2011, 05:40 PM
LOL

LOL
:rolleyes:

What does this guy think he's an indian?

TwinCities Dan
Feb 28, 2011, 05:45 PM
What does this guy think he's an indian?

Friggin' Captain Tying Knots... :D

camelsnot
Feb 28, 2011, 06:20 PM
ill refresh the site.. I don't want to be one of those sniveling dopes sitting outside a store all night.

eastercat
Feb 28, 2011, 06:48 PM
:confused: They probably won't release the new ipad for another few weeks anyway.
LOL!

I bet there will be someone who will!:p

Calidude
Feb 28, 2011, 06:49 PM
The answer is: Idiots.

kdarling
Feb 28, 2011, 06:53 PM
Why tonight? (Monday)

I thought the iPad2 reveal is going to be on Wednesday.

What am I missing?

aricher
Feb 28, 2011, 07:14 PM
Vagrants and/or hobos.

GoCubsGo
Feb 28, 2011, 07:16 PM
Why tonight? (Monday)

I thought the iPad2 reveal is going to be on Wednesday.

What am I missing?
Probably this ...
The answer is: Idiots.

:D

ECUpirate44
Feb 28, 2011, 07:17 PM
The homeless people go in the NYC 5th Ave store to sleep. No joke.

As for people lining up for the iPad, silly people.

GadgetAddict
Feb 28, 2011, 07:27 PM
Nobody. In fact, if the new iPad only gets the much rumored updates I expect the launch to go somewhat like the Verizon iPhone; not so impressive...

DeathChill
Feb 28, 2011, 07:29 PM
Nobody. In fact, if the new iPad only gets the much rumored updates I expect the launch to go somewhat like the Verizon iPhone; not so impressive...

Estimated at 1 million for the launch weekend, but we'll hear the real numbers on Wednesday! I'd be pretty happy with that number if I was Apple!

TwoSocEmBoppers
Feb 28, 2011, 07:40 PM
LOL

nothing to add except I think he's running away like he friggin Tommy Noble. No way...hahaha no way. What is garbage?!

MrWillie
Feb 28, 2011, 08:09 PM

Um, it broke the Droid X release day record, in two hours. Between the hours of 3am and 5am Eastern. With only people that were already Verizon customers. Buying an 8 month old smartphone. And that article that got the sales numbers from 5 Apple stores and didn't give the readers ALL the statistics also stated that 30% of those opening day sales were to Android users. :)

Where did you come up with the numbers to concluded that it was not so impressive?

Amazing Iceman
Feb 28, 2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah, go sleep outside an Apple Store to hear an announcement of something that may not ship until a few weeks later (well, I hope I'm wrong!).

Well, this is always a good excuse to throw a sidewalk party, so forget about sleeping! :D

The only time I went to a store late, was for the release of Halo 2, I was able to get my pre-ordered copy at 1:00am. It was fun... still, didn't get to play it until the next day, as I like to blast the sound system to play FPS games.

ClutchThese
Feb 28, 2011, 08:36 PM
I just got in line. Three people in front of me here in Arlington! :)

Amazing Iceman
Feb 28, 2011, 08:38 PM
Um, it broke the Droid X release day record, in two hours. Between the hours of 3am and 5am Eastern. With only people that were already Verizon customers. Buying an 8 month old smartphone. And that article that got the sales numbers from 5 Apple stores and didn't give the readers ALL the statistics also stated that 30% of those opening day sales were to Android users. :)

Where did you come up with the numbers to concluded that it was not so impressive?

I think a good measure when deciding for a new phone or device is to compare how many updates/enhancements have been released by the manufacturer during a certain period of time. Apple is always fixing, updating, and improving the OS in their products.

In contrast, my HTC phone had only one update of WinMo 6.5 in almost 2 years, and it's not even the latest version of it. And I can't expect any more updates, as the manufacturer ditch it. So I'm just stuck with a mediocre and buggy StupidPhone. Great specs and features on paper, but slow and buggy in reality.

How about Android phones and tablets? What's the manufacturers' commitments to maintain all their products current for a reasonable amount of time (should be at least 5 years)?

The above is a huge reason why I'm afraid to get an Android phone, and definitely not an Android Tablet.

Amazing Iceman
Feb 28, 2011, 08:40 PM
I just got in line. Three people in front of me here in Arlington! :)

Everybody stay close together, it may be a very cold night! :eek:
Time to post pictures!

ClutchThese
Feb 28, 2011, 08:41 PM
i'm totally kidding. HAHA, i'd slap someone if they were standing in line right now. Then, i'd point and laugh at them as i walk away.

Amazing Iceman
Feb 28, 2011, 08:45 PM
i'm totally kidding. HAHA, i'd slap someone if they were standing in line right now. Then, i'd point and laugh at them as i walk away.

Hahahah! Good one! But jokes aside, it would be a fun experience if you don't have to go to work tomorrow. "Reporting live, from outside an Apple Store, waiting for the unknown to arrive...".

einmusiker
Feb 28, 2011, 08:45 PM
based on the op's profile pic I'd say we can all guess his ability for rational thought :p

Cagle
Feb 28, 2011, 08:46 PM
Um, it broke the Droid X release day record, in two hours. Between the hours of 3am and 5am Eastern. With only people that were already Verizon customers. Buying an 8 month old smartphone.

:apple:Fanboy alert

sportykid2332
Feb 28, 2011, 08:56 PM
Friggin' Captain Tying Knots... :D

Not ever...No way

PBF
Feb 28, 2011, 09:07 PM
Excuse me, what's the occasion?

Cougarcat
Feb 28, 2011, 09:14 PM
Excuse me, what's the occasion?

iPad 2 announcement on Wednesday.

PBF
Feb 28, 2011, 09:24 PM
iPad 2 announcement on Wednesday.
I know, but what's the point of sleeping outside an Apple store?

There are huge lines exclusively when Apple announce a specific release date of iSomething to the whole world. Media events are hardly known to general public, the public that constitute those huge lines.

Cougarcat
Feb 28, 2011, 09:39 PM
I know, but what's the point of sleeping outside an Apple store?

This thread is an intentional joke. Nobody is being serious.

Buck987
Feb 28, 2011, 10:14 PM
This thread is an intentional joke. Nobody is being serious.

just passing a boring monday eve away..

GadgetAddict
Feb 28, 2011, 10:57 PM

It is the general idea that I got. How many people did you see in lines on launch day? Did the servers choke from the orders? I'm not saying it was not successful but they were expecting more people, that's pretty obvious. They blamed the low sales on retail stores on high sales online. Any numbers that Verizon or Apple announce I would take with a grain of salt.

:apple:Fanboy alert

I don't think so.

neko girl
Feb 28, 2011, 11:00 PM
I'll be sleeping outside Apple.com tonight..
http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon14.gif

DeathChill
Feb 28, 2011, 11:02 PM
It is the general idea that I got. How many people did you see in lines on launch day? Did the servers choke from the orders? I'm not saying it was not successful but they were expecting more people, that's pretty obvious. They blamed the low sales on retail stores on high sales online. Any numbers that Verizon or Apple announce I would take with a grain of salt.

Do you seriously believe that Apple and Verizon could get away with lying about sales/activations?

DiamondGCoupe
Feb 28, 2011, 11:22 PM
There's no reason to stand outside an Apple store, you don't accomplish anything these days.. There's enough lead time on iOS products and free shipping, why wouldn't you buy online? A lot of Verizon folks got there iPhones several days early..

I'd give the iPad2 AT LEAST until the end of next week to be released, no time before that Apple would want to allow the media and advertisers to build up the hype for a minimum of a week.

neko girl
Mar 1, 2011, 01:05 AM
Do you seriously believe that Apple and Verizon could get away with lying about sales/activations?
Samsung sure did..

Sydde
Mar 1, 2011, 01:28 AM
Samsung sure did..

Must you be so negative?

;)