PDA

View Full Version : Lion and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS5

aleni
Feb 28, 2011, 08:50 PM
anybody with lion and CS5, is it compatible? any bug or incompatibility issue?

celticpride678
Feb 28, 2011, 08:53 PM
There are a few bugs but for the most part, it works.

Michaelgtrusa
Feb 28, 2011, 08:53 PM
From what I hear, it works good.

aleni
Feb 28, 2011, 08:55 PM
thanks for the quick reply. anyway, with the dev release, can u update your snow leopard to lion to make it a primary OS, does it interfere with your itunes library and have to make your iDevices restored as new?

PurrBall
Feb 28, 2011, 10:46 PM
My iPhone still syncs fine after upgrading.

aleni
Feb 28, 2011, 10:56 PM
My iPhone still syncs fine after upgrading.

but do u need to restore the iPhone as new? or the library is still intact?

dieselpower44
Mar 16, 2011, 05:57 AM
There are a few bugs but for the most part, it works.

How did you install it? Adobe's custom installer for Master Collection CS5 does NOT work under Lion.

aleni
Mar 16, 2011, 07:07 AM
Howtall did you install it? Adobe's custom installer for Master Collection CS5 does NOT work under Lion.

i installed lion over my SL so i don't have to reinstall CS5. it works!

feare
Mar 17, 2011, 09:07 PM
I used migration assistant to bring CS5 over and it worked fine.

87racer
Mar 17, 2011, 11:46 PM
I did a fresh install of Lion on a separate partition and used the cs5 master collection installer to install illustrator photoshop and premiere pro and it worked perfectly with no issues and i have seen no issues using photoshop at all.

PurrBall
Mar 18, 2011, 12:31 AM
but do u need to restore the iPhone as new? or the library is still intact?

Nope, didn't need to do anything. Works as if nothing happened.

amersceo
Jul 19, 2011, 05:08 PM
I have Adobe CS5.5 Master Suite and I just loaded Lion and Adobe CS5 No longer works can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue. I uninstalled it and re installed it yet I am receiving the same error message. When I go to run any of the applications in the suite it says that "Java must be installed in order for the application to open. and since I am not connected to the internet it cannot run". but the problem is I am connected to the internet. It is driving me crazy. does anyone know of any fixes for this issue?

87racer
Jul 19, 2011, 05:37 PM
I have Adobe CS5.5 Master Suite and I just loaded Lion and Adobe CS5 No longer works can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue. I uninstalled it and re installed it yet I am receiving the same error message. When I go to run any of the applications in the suite it says that "Java must be installed in order for the application to open. and since I am not connected to the internet it cannot run". but the problem is I am connected to the internet. It is driving me crazy. does anyone know of any fixes for this issue?

The can't suite applications require java. You could try running software update and installing the latest java. If it doesn't show in software update try going to a website that uses java and it will prompt you to install it.

WiLLGT09
Jul 19, 2011, 08:19 PM
Hmm, I just installed the trial of CS5.5 Production Premium (though I have yet to open any of the main apps) and it installed just find on Lion GM...without having Java installed.

I'm assuming that either 5.5 doesn't require Java or that I will be asked to install Java upon running a main app like Photoshop for the first time.

basher
Jul 19, 2011, 08:23 PM

There was a post about this a week or so ago. I think the resolution was to make sure you have Internet hooked to the Mac via a wired connection. I think those that were connecting via WiFi were having the issue you describe. Not being able to download and install Java.

Hope this helps ya!

cudo
Jul 21, 2011, 06:29 AM
CS5 12.04 works lovely with lion so far...im just wondering if there is going to be fullscreen and resume update.

djsound
Jul 21, 2011, 10:45 AM
I attached an image can anyone tell me if my computer will run Lion? thanks....

If will have an option to install over SL without losing everything? I dont want a clean install

davedude
Jul 21, 2011, 10:50 AM
CS5.5 Master Collection installed great for me in Lion.

Mind you, I only use DW, PS, ID and IL.

cosmiccircle
Jul 22, 2011, 05:49 PM
I upgraded to Lion yesterday, couldn't wait!

I got home from work today, went to crank up InDesign, and NOTHING HAPPENED. NONE of my Adobe CS5 programs start except Bridge and Acrobat!

I tried running updates and I am up to date on everything. Desperately seeking assistance as to a fix for this.

As far as running Java, I am getting no message whatsoever. I wish it would tell me something, but that is interesting, I will try hard wiring for the time being.

cosmiccircle
Jul 22, 2011, 07:29 PM
This solved it. Crazy!!!!

I didn't even get a message when I tried to launch Java Preferences in Utilities folder.

You have to go to Apple and download it.

Fixed the problem immediately.

LINK HERE (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1421)

andyffer
Jul 22, 2011, 07:39 PM
my computer has been very laggy and whatnot but WOW, Photoshop worked great. I just had to do the Java download.

It is CS5 too, not 5.1 or 5.5

techweenie
Jul 24, 2011, 10:20 AM
This solved it. Crazy!!!!

I didn't even get a message when I tried to launch Java Preferences in Utilities folder.

You have to go to Apple and download it.

Fixed the problem immediately.

LINK HERE (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1421)

Thank you! Great tip.

SOLLERBOY
Jul 27, 2011, 11:15 AM
Photoshop has a memory leak and is unusable on my iMac.

baryon
Jul 27, 2011, 11:35 AM
Photoshop has a memory leak and is unusable on my iMac.

The 64-bit version of Photoshop CS5 indeed has a huge leak. Switch it to 32-bit mode by right clicking Photoshop.app and in Get Info, choosing "Run in 32-bit mode". And voila! Photoshop is almost as fast as CS3 used to be.

kerke
Sep 3, 2011, 01:03 PM
I had managed to install and deactivate the serials of Photoshop CS 5 on Snow Leopard through the "Console". However, when I upgraded to Lion, I lost the crack I made, since the commands I had don't work anymore. Can anyone tell me how I can make it again? Thanks!

derbothaus
Sep 3, 2011, 01:47 PM
Are you really asking if someone here can help you steal photoshop? Either use the serial number you paid for, call Adobe if that does not work (too many activations etc) or crack it yourself.

Davst
Sep 7, 2011, 02:28 AM
Are you really asking if someone here can help you steal photoshop? Either use the serial number you paid for, call Adobe if that does not work (too many activations etc) or crack it yourself.

I doubt he's asking about stealing Photoshop, that'd be an incredible feat but somehow I don't feel threatened that Photoshop will dissapear from my computer (which would be the case if it was stolen)

I do however consider software piracy to be something that shouldn't be supported even though it is important to make a clear difference between piracy and theft

spodesign
Sep 14, 2011, 10:11 AM
If you are using any Adobe creative software, I would NOT load Lion OS quite yet. I just bought a new Mac Pro tower with Lion already installed. I have had all sorts of problems with Photoshop and Illustrator. Illustrator won't even launch anymore. I have talked to Adobe, and they tell me that CS5 and CS5.5 are NOT compatible with Lion OS. Apple has it's head in the sand with these issues. If I had to do it over again, I would have gotten the Mac Pro with Snow Leopard instead. I am so pissed at Apple right now over this. I realize that Apple and Adobe don't have the best relationship, but come on guys get your sh_t together. I have tried to perform all of the updates on my Adobe software that I can with no results. If anyone has any suggestions, please share.

AlanShutko
Sep 14, 2011, 11:17 AM
If you are using any Adobe creative software, I would NOT load Lion OS quite yet. I just bought a new Mac Pro tower with Lion already installed. I have had all sorts of problems with Photoshop and Illustrator. Illustrator won't even launch anymore. I have talked to Adobe, and they tell me that CS5 and CS5.5 are NOT compatible with Lion OS.

That sounds strange, since it's not what they're saying on their site.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/905/cpsid_90508.html

FWIW, both Photoshop and Illustrator 5.1 work fine for me on an MBA with Lion, as does the rest of the CS5.5 suite (with the exceptions of the items noted above). I think you have other problems there that are not strictly limited to Lion. Might be worth playing CSR roulette and trying for a different support rep who can help you better.

phpmaven
Sep 14, 2011, 02:15 PM
If you are using any Adobe creative software, I would NOT load Lion OS quite yet. I just bought a new Mac Pro tower with Lion already installed. I have had all sorts of problems with Photoshop and Illustrator. Illustrator won't even launch anymore. I have talked to Adobe, and they tell me that CS5 and CS5.5 are NOT compatible with Lion OS. Apple has it's head in the sand with these issues. If I had to do it over again, I would have gotten the Mac Pro with Snow Leopard instead. I am so pissed at Apple right now over this. I realize that Apple and Adobe don't have the best relationship, but come on guys get your sh_t together. I have tried to perform all of the updates on my Adobe software that I can with no results. If anyone has any suggestions, please share.

I don't what the problem is with your system, but all of the CS5 apps run just fine on my Mac Pro running Lion.

MacRum2011
Sep 14, 2011, 02:26 PM
Photoshop CS5 Extended works fine under Lion for what i've done so far, didn't have to reactivate or anything as I upgraded from SL.

Yamcha
Sep 14, 2011, 02:49 PM
I'm using Photoshop, Illustrator & Fireworks CS5 and they all have been working without any issues..

weinschela
Sep 14, 2011, 02:50 PM
I had managed to install and deactivate the serials of Photoshop CS 5 on Snow Leopard through the "Console". However, when I upgraded to Lion, I lost the crack I made, since the commands I had don't work anymore. Can anyone tell me how I can make it again? Thanks!

What do uou mean by "crack". Trying to use a nonstandard copy? If not, find your serial number and redownload and re install. If yes, i don't think it is permitted to help you here.

From A Buick 8
Oct 7, 2011, 05:05 AM
We are running photoshop CS 8 (at least when i look under about photoshop it says 8)

From what i read it sounds like that should work with Lion, but just want to confirm, i want to upgrade ti Lion so i am ready to us iCloud when iOS5 launches.

AlanShutko
Oct 8, 2011, 04:29 AM
The most recent version of Photoshop is CS 5.1 (part of the CS 5 bundle). That version of Photoshop is version 12.1.

As far as I can tell, Photoshop 8 is from the original Adobe CS. I think that's a PPC application, which would require Rosetta. Rosetta's been removed from Lion, so PS8 would not run.

You can double-check this yourself, because I may be wrong. Select Photoshop in the Finder and hit Command I. The info window that comes up will have a row under General for Kind.

If it says Kind: Application (Universal) or Kind: Application (Intel), your version will work.

If it says Kind: Application (PowerPC), your version WILL NOT WORK. You would need to stick on Snow Leopard, or upgrade to a newer version of Photoshop.

hanguolaohu
Nov 24, 2011, 07:56 AM
How did you install it? Adobe's custom installer for Master Collection CS5 does NOT work under Lion.

I've noticed the same problem. On Lion 10.7.2 installing CS5 Master Suite for the first time, I only checked Photoshop and Illustrator during installation, and yet in my Applications folder I had folders for ALL the Master Suite applications. The applications which I didn't check had folders with empty applications in them. So I manually deleted them. I don't remember doing this when installing on Snow Leopard. Strange.