Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LutzRFrank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
Germany/Switzerland/France
The UI seems not to be finalized - but you can easily remove icons from the Launchpad by clicking the Icon together with "Ctrl-Alt-Cmd pressed".
It removes the icon from the Launchpad immediately.
(Had some multiple BusyCal instances after using the update check within the application, which I could clean this way)

tourada

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Idaho
The UI seems not to be finalized - but you can easily remove icons from the Launchpad by clicking the Icon together with "Ctrl-Alt-Cmd pressed".
(Had some multiple BusyCal instances after using the update check within the application, which I could clean this way)

Thanks for the thread, but already covered:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1104483/

Mere

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2009
For everyone who doesn't want to muck around with terminal commands, deleting db files or key combinations that don't work: :)

Here's a simple and Free app for removing/restoring items from the Launchpad with 1 click:

LaunchpadCleaner: http://zoltanb.co.uk/launchpadcleaner/

Crayzay

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2011

It didn't work for me so i found out a way. I made a folder named "Trash" and put all my trash in it. :D:D

majsterko

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2013
my way of removing icons from launchpad

I did the following with success:

For the apps I do not want anymore but they still keep with all their fingers in the lauchpad (usually all shareware apps) there is a trick. Firstly you have to delete it by moving to trash from applications folder (or finding it in spotlight and moving to the trash) and then click on the app in launchpad. Of course the app will not start because it is already deleted (only its icon is minstakenly left in the launchpad) but thanks to this Lion learns that the icon is uselless and shows a question mark over the icon. Then just move the icon (with the questionmark) to the trash. And viola, the icon is not more in the launchpad :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.