PDA

View Full Version : Safari problems with Lion

metrica
Mar 1, 2011, 09:06 AM
Besides the PDF save-to-disc problem in Safari as pointed out by early users, I found another bug with Safari --- the download window will not appear as I click a link to a file (say a .dmg file).

The downloading function worked fine when I installed Lion. I am not exactly sure when it was messed up. Could it be related to Speed Download? I have tried to disable the Safari integration function in Speed Download but nothing happened.

BTW, the contextual menu for Speed Download does not show up in Lion.

tourada
Mar 1, 2011, 09:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

File a bug report.

ErikGrim
Mar 1, 2011, 10:55 PM
The Safari 5.1 swipe history function relies on a snapshot of the previous page to give the illusion of speed and visual browsing when going back and forth, which is fine. However it needs to be greyed out with a progress spinner like the resume app function (which relies on the same type of trickery) to avoid frustration and missed clicks.

kftrainer
Mar 22, 2011, 02:32 PM
I am also having problems with Safari downloads sometimes when i am downloading from a site such as Hotfile.com or Fileserve then it crashes the browser and when I download from a site like Macgeeks it downloads perfectly is this a bug or is this a incompatibility issue with the web site ?

QUOTE=metrica;12025099]Besides the PDF save-to-disc problem in Safari as pointed out by early users, I found another bug with Safari --- the download window will not appear as I click a link to a file (say a .dmg file).

The downloading function worked fine when I installed Lion. I am not exactly sure when it was messed up. Could it be related to Speed Download? I have tried to disable the Safari integration function in Speed Download but nothing happened.

BTW, the contextual menu for Speed Download does not show up in Lion.[/QUOTE]

MacintoshMaster
Mar 22, 2011, 04:33 PM
Lion isn't out yet?

penter
Jul 20, 2011, 05:56 PM
I just installed Lion, and there seems to be an issue with my Safari.
Luckily I have Firefox installed, which is how I'm writing this very comment.
The apple page works flawlessly, however... :rolleyes:

Freis968
Jul 20, 2011, 06:48 PM
I have Mac Rumors set as my homepage and each time I open Safari I get this staring at me.