PDA

View Full Version : Can't Disable Reverse Scrolling Late 2007 Macbook

BradClarke
Mar 1, 2011, 09:12 AM
Just installed Lion and transferred Applications and setting's and I cannot disable reverse scrolling, this is what my built-in trackpad settings look like.

Can anyone help??
http://lambostudios.com/trackpad.png

Shorties
Mar 1, 2011, 09:13 AM
Yep I'm the same, guess we will just have to live with it.

simsaladimbamba
Mar 1, 2011, 09:13 AM
That is the case with my early white MacBook too. Maybe try BetterTouchTool?

BradClarke
Mar 1, 2011, 09:18 AM
That is the case with my early white MacBook too. Maybe try BetterTouchTool?

Haha guess older users our SOL as of now, hopefully this isn't a feature they leave out of the final release or I can see allot of unhappy people, haha its a hard habit to break out of since I have always scrolled down on my laptop, even though I have a iPhone 4 this transition isn't as nice as I thought it would be.

I think I'm going back to Snow leopard until they have a fix for this, i only use my macbook when I'm laying in bed watching tv, so I don't want to use a mouse or another trackpad.

wrldwzrd89
Mar 1, 2011, 10:27 AM
I have the same issue. It's a bit irksome for me. I'm using an ordinary mouse scroll wheel on an Early 2008 iMac.

Shorties
Mar 1, 2011, 07:04 PM
I bet there is some sort of thing in terminal you can do to fix it. But if you have a friend with a magic trackpad connect it to your computer, disable the reverse scrolling, and then it will be applied to your normal trackpad as well. But honestly I think its worth getting use to this new style, its getting a little easier for me already and I think it makes more sense, especially with invisible scrollbars, to have the content move the way your fingers do rather then having your fingers move the invisible scroll bars.

sammich
Mar 1, 2011, 07:05 PM
Does it happen to exist in the 'Mouse' prefpane?

Shorties
Mar 1, 2011, 07:19 PM
Does it happen to exist in the 'Mouse' prefpane?

Actually yeah it does, just connected my old mighty mouse and it has the option "When using gestures to scroll or navigate move content in the direction of finger movement" So probably if it bothers anyone with an older macbook/pro too much just connect a mouse to it and change it there. (I only have apple mice though, so someone might want to check to see if that option is there for generic mice).

BradClarke
Mar 1, 2011, 11:25 PM
Actually yeah it does, just connected my old mighty mouse and it has the option "When using gestures to scroll or navigate move content in the direction of finger movement" So probably if it bothers anyone with an older macbook/pro too much just connect a mouse to it and change it there. (I only have apple mice though, so someone might want to check to see if that option is there for generic mice).

I can confirm, I connected a Microsoft usb mouse, and went into the mouse pref panel and unchecked the the top setting. Works for the trackpad correctly, great fix! Obviously this seems like a simple fix for apple to add in older trackpads settings.

Shorties
Mar 2, 2011, 12:25 AM
I can confirm, I connected a Microsoft usb mouse, and went into the mouse pref panel and unchecked the the top setting. Works for the trackpad correctly, great fix! Obviously this seems like a simple fix for apple to add in older trackpads settings.

Yeah I am sure its one of those things where they just haven't updated the preferences pane for older trackpads.

Tanegashima
Mar 3, 2011, 02:58 PM
There must be a place in ~/Library/Preferences for this.

Anyone?

danuputra
Jul 24, 2011, 07:38 AM
1. you need an usb mouse..
2. plug it in..
3. go to mouse.. and uncheck the move content bla bla bla..

http://isource.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/LionScrollSetting_thumb.jpg

4. done :D