PDA

View Full Version : Seagate Hard Drive, MacBook and PC and iTunes

runninghurley
Mar 1, 2011, 11:32 AM
Hello,

I'm new here - this is my first post. I barely understand the subject lines of the posts here, so when replying back to me, could you please speak s-l-o-w-l-y so that I can understand you. :)

I just bought a Seagate 1TB hard drive to back up both our Sony Vaio PC and my MacBook. I plugged it into the USB/power source on our PC and was able to copy all my photos onto it. I then took it to my MacBook, where I was able to copy all those photos into my iPhotos. Cool enough.

Now, how do I go about backing up my Mac? Do I want to replace this as my driver for Time Capsule? I was in Time Machine and it asked if I wanted to replace the disk. If I did, then it said it would erase all data on my hard drive. From this point on, I will not be using the hard drive in any regular sense to back up files from the PC - it was used only to copy my kids' baby photos. My MacBook is my primary computer.

Also, I was unable to figure out how to transfer my iTunes songs from my PC onto the Seagate Hard Drive - I was only able to save a song list. Can anyone help with that?

So confused! Thanks!