Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
Seriously. I decided to sell my bluetooth mouse (keep keyboard) and get a wired one because i can't sustain the cost of batteries and it kept losing connection etc etc.
Anyways bought a new wired one from the store, and seriously it squeaks when i press it. It is a very very very irritating squeak as well and i can't work with it. Is it because it is new and it is going to go away and have a nice sound like the ol Bluetooth one had? Or have i gotta a squeaker and it needs to be returned? Or do i have to put up with it?
Fred

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Since we can't really hear the squeak online, it would be best to take back the store and let them determine the problem. That way you can be confident in the problem, even if it means a new one or living with the current model.

All I hear on mine is the click. Occasional squeaking, but I have thought that it's due to my "Easy Glide Wrist Rest."

Chimera

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2004
Surrey, England
I think over time the squeak will go, its a pretty new mouse and whatever is making the squeak should wear out, but if you're unhappy i'm sure you can return it.

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Lacero said:
Unfortunately, Microsoft makes some of the best mice for macs. :rolleyes:
As much as I hate to admit it, you're right. I've got a MS trackball, don't know the model number offhand, and aside from having to clean the ball space from time to time, it's been great. Maybe they should stick to hardware.

I'm now reminded of the Monty Python skit "Three Blind Mice"...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.