PDA

View Full Version : Installing Lion

JavaWizKid
Mar 1, 2011, 05:18 PM
I'm having issues installing Lion. I was installing it and the screen went blank for about 10 mins so I decided to power off and wipe the partition and start again. Whenever I boot from the cd it jumps right to where the installation supposedly left off and then spits out "There was a problem installing Mac OS X. Please try reinstalling" something along those lines. How can I try reinstalling when it just spits that message to me and no options to restart the whole installation?

Mr. Retrofire
Mar 1, 2011, 06:17 PM
I'm having issues installing Lion. I was installing it and the screen went blank for about 10 mins so I decided to power off and wipe the partition and start again. Whenever I boot from the cd it jumps right to where the installation supposedly left off and then spits out "There was a problem installing Mac OS X. Please try reinstalling" something along those lines. How can I try reinstalling when it just spits that message to me and no options to restart the whole installation?

There is no CD/DVD with Lion. And if you have a Lion DVD, then it is a homemade solution, and Apple is not responsible for this "solution".

Zcott
Mar 1, 2011, 06:35 PM
I had this error. I had to begin the installation from within Snow Leopard and then just wait for it. Also, dual booting helps.

nospeed411
Mar 1, 2011, 06:58 PM
I had the same issue with two machines...my MBP and my iMac. In both cases I was installing from Snow Leopard to a secondary partition. I simply quit the installer and let the machine reboot. The second time through it went perfect on both machines. :confused::confused:

Filed a bug report we'll see if this continues.