PDA

View Full Version : Post some Lion bugs that you have encountered!

AlphaDogg
Mar 1, 2011, 05:38 PM
Do as the title suggests.

The major one that I have encountered: Audio drivers.

Here is my situation. I boot up my MBP, its great. Then I hook it up to my desk (with 3.5mm audio included). I turn up the volume and I hear some sort of clicking... I can't really explain it. I unplug the speakers, and the issue persists. The only way to fix it is to reboot. I will take a recording of the audio soon.

Other issue: Sometimes the ambient light sensor doesn't work, and I have to force the keyboard backlight with Lab Tick.

87racer
Mar 1, 2011, 06:50 PM

Here is my situation. I boot up my MBP, its great. Then I hook it up to my desk (with 3.5mm audio included). I turn up the volume and I hear some sort of clicking... I can't really explain it. I unplug the speakers, and the issue persists. The only way to fix it is to reboot. I will take a recording of the audio soon.

Other issue: Sometimes the ambient light sensor doesn't work, and I have to force the keyboard backlight with Lab Tick.

found this on another post "go to Audi MIDI Setup, then change the format to "2-ch 32-bit."

nospeed411
Mar 1, 2011, 06:55 PM
Well I have had a few issues with time machine dropping out on the middle of a back up. Not sure if it was lion related or Macbook related...restarted both and seems fixed for now.

AlphaDogg
Mar 1, 2011, 07:02 PM
found this on another post "go to Audi MIDI Setup, then change the format to "2-ch 32-bit."

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here...

87racer
Mar 1, 2011, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here...

In your utilities folder there is an app call Audio MIDI Setup. Make sure you select your built it output.

mdickson
Mar 1, 2011, 07:19 PM
iCal won't stop freaking opening.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I've tried restarting and unchecking the "reopen windows" checkbox.

87racer
Mar 1, 2011, 07:25 PM

Does anyone have a solution for this? I've tried restarting and unchecking the "reopen windows" checkbox.

Have you tried force quitting from activity monitor. it could be crashing on close and then trying to recover. force quitting would bypass that.

if it keeps opening there is likely another program opening it.

you could download a program called fseventer and close everything possible (any open programs, even stuff in your menubar) then run fseventer and click the little play button in the top left corner. then try to quit ical and let it reopen. then click the little pause button. take a screenshot(command+shift+3) and post it here.

also, did you install over SL or do a fresh install to another partition?

-----------------------------------------
Mac OS X Lion Adventures.
Issues, Solutions, and Workarounds
http://www.bs87.com
-----------------------------------------

mdickson
Mar 1, 2011, 08:28 PM
Have you tried force quitting from activity monitor. it could be crashing on close and then trying to recover. force quitting would bypass that.

if it keeps opening there is likely another program opening it.

you could download a program called fseventer and close everything possible (any open programs, even stuff in your menubar) then run fseventer and click the little play button in the top left corner. then try to quit ical and let it reopen. then click the little pause button. take a screenshot(command+shift+3) and post it here.

also, did you install over SL or do a fresh install to another partition?

I've tried force quitting, but it doesn't work.

I'll download fseventer and let you know the results.

This was a install over SL.

mdickson
Mar 1, 2011, 08:34 PM
Here's the relevant calendar stuff. A DNLA server running is filling up the rest of the log.

http://i51.tinypic.com/29fqjk2.png

skate71290
Mar 1, 2011, 09:19 PM
personally finding Lion stable enough for daily use, haven't found any major life threatening bugs (yet) - except Evernote does not work at all, and Twitter is stuck on top of all windows if i tell OSX to re-open it on Login - i think the applications just need save and resume capabilities :confused: :D while i am a little disappointed with the minimal number of 'real' features in the new OS it has polished off and refined many of my most important apps and i hope we still have much more to come! p.s. i want full-screen support for iTunes, come on Stevie don't disappoint!!!

oOLiquidNightOo
Mar 1, 2011, 09:48 PM

Racer - I actually took the time to create a MacRumors Forums account so that I could login and thank you for your post. So .. Thanks. :)

Worked like a charm and eliminated the most annoying bug I was dealing with - thanks again!

ErikGrim
Mar 1, 2011, 10:48 PM
Dictionary isn't showing up when highlighting a word unless you upgraded an install that already had inline dictionary enabled. That preference now seems to have disappeared from the Dictionary app? :confused:

NazgulHunter
Mar 1, 2011, 10:56 PM
The three most annoying ones:

Wi-Fi gets randomly turned off on startup and needs a reboot to get fixed.
iTunes and iChat don't play well with spaces and they sometimes disappear... only way to bring them back is to quit.
Safari randomly won't let me enter text on boxes, copy paste on Google docs... hangs up a lot

Takuro
Mar 1, 2011, 11:20 PM
I found a pretty gnarly bug, but one that I thought was a bit obvious to test out.

Open Safari and enter full screen mode. Then, open multiple tabs. Drag one of those tabs out to become a new window. Mission control will then attempt to create a new space for this separate window but messes up pretty badly. A new space is created which shows only the grey background of mission control with no content or windows. After running some tests, it turns out both Safari windows are still running in the same fullscreen space, and you can toggle visibility by right clicking the dock icon and choosing which page you want to view. In one test, it shifted all other spaces one space to the left, placing windows inside the space reserved for Dashboard, which was kind of funky. To fix this, just quit Safari.

Also, Safari in general seems to have issues whereby the Finder doesn't make the menubar unhidden when exiting fullscreen mode. To fix this, try entering and exiting fullscreen mode again.

I'm sure both of these will be fixed sometime soon just because they are pretty glaringly apparent. There were some other major Safari bugs, like the "back" button failing to behave properly at times, but this was actually caused due to extensions I had installed. Remember, all extensions out there were written for Snow Leopard, which uses an older version of webkit.

87racer
Mar 1, 2011, 11:40 PM
Here's the relevant calendar stuff. A DNLA server running is filling up the rest of the log.

Have you tried shutting down your dlna server? also in fseventer you would be looking for another app(not ical) accessing an ical relevant file if not the app itself. Could you send me a private message (http://forums.macrumors.com/private.php?do=newpm) with a save from fseventer. also what programs are in your login items menu under users and groups in system preferences?

Racer - I actually took the time to create a MacRumors Forums account so that I could login and thank you for your post. So .. Thanks. :)

Worked like a charm and eliminated the most annoying bug I was dealing with - thanks again!
Glad to know it worked for you!

Dictionary isn't showing up when highlighting a word unless you upgraded an install that already had inline dictionary enabled. That preference now seems to have disappeared from the Dictionary app? :confused:
is my attached picture what you are referring to?

The three most annoying ones:

Wi-Fi gets randomly turned off on startup and needs a reboot to get fixed.
iTunes and iChat don't play well with spaces and they sometimes disappear... only way to bring them back is to quit.
Safari randomly won't let me enter text on boxes, copy paste on Google docs... hangs up a lot
I to have seen wifi suddenly quit working but I am able to turn airport off and back on and it fixes it.

I have seen the Safari bug as well and it seems like something is stealing focus from safari. Im currently waiting for it to reoccur to try and figure it out.

billy3785
Mar 2, 2011, 03:07 AM
the 2 most annoying things are when iphoto and transmission crash for no reason. oh well, I know, its a beta.

antmarobel
Mar 2, 2011, 03:22 AM
Please verify something on your bluetooth>mouse...does it show the correct information about the battery charge?...Mine is not on bold and is always on 100% and I'm using the batteries for more than 6 days now...:confused:

Lordedmond
Mar 2, 2011, 07:33 AM
Gentlemen and Ladies

Please post bugs in the correct place via apples bug reporter if you are developers you should be doing this as a matter of course its BETA after all

Apple do not read these forums so please post bug to apple

That way we will end up with a better OS

tourada
Mar 2, 2011, 07:49 AM
Gentlemen and Ladies

Please post bugs in the correct place via apples bug reporter if you are developers you should be doing this as a matter of course its BETA after all

Apple do not read these forums so please post bug to apple

That way we will end up with a better OS

Agreed. Thank you.

karsten
Mar 2, 2011, 09:16 AM
-moving the mouse doesn't wake the monitor (have to click or hit a keyboard key)

-safari has lots of bugs, blank pages, stopping loading etc

-networked computers don't show up in devices in the sidebar of finder

-screen sharing / file sharing doesn't work

someone should report these to apple

AlphaDogg
Mar 2, 2011, 10:03 AM
-moving the mouse doesn't wake the monitor (have to click or hit a keyboard key)

I have had that issue too.

mdickson
Mar 2, 2011, 10:14 AM
87racer

PM sent.

Graeme43
Mar 2, 2011, 11:28 AM
I have had that issue too.

Maybe its a feature? It does it on mine as well

87racer
Mar 2, 2011, 12:20 PM
Maybe its a feature? It does it on mine as well

I was beginning to think it was a feature as well.

karsten
Mar 2, 2011, 01:49 PM
I was beginning to think it was a feature as well.

hopefully there will be a way to revert it back i think it's annoying:)

any other problems syncing an ipod?

87racer
Mar 2, 2011, 02:17 PM
hopefully there will be a way to revert it back i think it's annoying:)

any other problems syncing an ipod?

Agreed. Should definitely be an option.

Just tried my iPod Touch 2G jail broken on 4.2.1 and had no issues. I would not expect any since iTunes was not changed in Lion. It is the same version everyone is using in Snow Leopard.

AlphaDogg
Mar 2, 2011, 06:03 PM
New issue: at idle, my CPU temp is about 15-25F lower than with SL (Lion: 99F, SL: 115F). But sometimes, it will randomly go up to 185F and stay there until a reboot. I'm thinking it has something to with a rogue process taking up all of the CPU power. Whenever it goes up to like 185F, iStat Pro reports about 45% of the CPU idle, and about 45% of it being used by the system (as opposed to the user).

brendu
Mar 2, 2011, 09:01 PM
when in safari, highlighting text and right clicking and choosing "look up in dictionary" nothing happens.

ErikGrim
Mar 2, 2011, 09:09 PM
when in safari, highlighting text and right clicking and choosing "look up in dictionary" nothing happens.

Exactly. If you had an install where you've set it to inline definitions it will still give you that (and a nice new format too), but that preference seem to have gone from the Dictionary app.

cameronmalek
Mar 5, 2011, 06:22 AM
I was smart enough to keep a list of all my bugs so far so I could eventually report them. By the way, in case you don't know (or don't know how to use Google), you can report these bugs to Apple at http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/!!!

My Setup:

MacBook 13" Black (Summer 2007)
2GB Ram
64GB SSD internal hard drive running Lion
500GB HD automatically mounted as /Users
Fresh Lion install
Used the encrypted formatting option in Disk Utility
Enabled Server during install

Problems with OS X Lion

Apps can sometimes disappear due to an issue with Spaces (presumably) and can't be visible again until a restart of the app occurs.
Launchpad can crash sometimes when you rename a folder
Can't delete Launchpad folders that are empty
Multiple versions of two apps exist: Transmission after an automatic update (Transmission crashed during the update and now there's two listed, as well as a failed MacVim install that lists the app twice also)
When adding an app to a folder in Launchpad that already has the max allowed, it lets you drag and drop it, then "crashes" that folder (sort of shrivels up and is unusable until you restart the dock)
iChat sometimes quits when you close the window (using the red button or keyboard shortcut; I do have the feature enabled where all accounts are listed in a single buddy list which may or may not be doing it)
iCal unsubscribes (randomly) from delegate calendars synced with Google Calendar. Sometimes at app launch, others during other actions within iCal.
iPhoto crashes quite a bit, but it's a very fast crash and relaunch, which is nice. :D
Bluetooth mouse (magic mouse) is at 100% battery life permanently (previously mentioned in this thread)
Moving the mouse or trackpad to wake the computer doesn't work, but clicking and keyboard does)
iChat won't open for me as of this writing, although it has previously. Going to try restarting.
Mac App Store crashes upon open, which is a new development also. Going to try restarting.

Problems with 3rd Party Apps

Transmission is crashy. Having miscellaneous trouble with it including using its automatic update feature.
Silverlight doesn't work! I'll have to set up VirtualBox to watch instant stuff on Netflix. :(
Evernote doesn't work (at least the app store version, anyway. previously mentioned in this thread)

With all of that, I still find that there's a lot of cool stuff that makes using the developer preview worth it for me. I like how spaces works now (when it works) and the improvements for SSDs (whole hard drive encryption, TRIM). I haven't figured out the versioning app yet, but I bet it will come in handy. iChat has some improvements, when I can manage to keep it open, and Address Book has the ability to add Facebook, Skype and more to instant messenger entries. Syncing with Google Contacts is much better. iCal looks amazing.

Most problems can be solved by a reboot of the computer or an app in my case.

cameronmalek
Mar 5, 2011, 06:45 AM
iChat won't open for me as of this writing, although it has previously. Going to try restarting.
Mac App Store crashes upon open, which is a new development also. Going to try restarting.

Regarding these problems, right now a lot of things don't work. I want to list other things I notice before I reboot.

iChat won't open at all
App Store crashes upon opening
Software Update crashes upon opening
Can't unlock panes in System Preferences
Keychain will not unlock (using keychain app or via other apps that utilize it). Says "(Read Only)" after each keychain name (login & System)

drayon
Mar 5, 2011, 06:48 AM
~/Library is hidden

Time Machine menubar icon indicates it is on but is actually switched off in the system pref pane.

Time Machine "exclude drives" sheet displays the check boxes in the middle of the sheet after it's resized downward.

iTunes cannot be resized from all edges probably because it's a junky Carbon app.

Safari fails to use the custom style sheet selected.

Many apps still display the scroll bars when they a not supposed to as per settings in the appearance pref pane.

If "always show scroll bars" is enabled in appearance pref pane the arrows have been removed- not happy about this one bit.

iCal "Go To Date" is still does not function since Tiger. Entering a year such as 1951 will set the year in the sheet to 9999 before the user is able to enter more than 1 or 2 digits.

Finder Sidebar is a copycat of Win7, ie: favorites are listed above devices and cannot be rearranged. Sidebar should resemble device hierarchy. Eg machine, boot volume other volumes internally, external volumes and optical or other removable drives. Places or favorites as Apple are now calling the group (win7 copycat) should always be below this. Always was a bad design on m$'s behalf. The last thing we need is for Apple to be copying silly things like this from those cabbages in redmond so that windumb user switchers feel more at home.

punkrockscience
Mar 5, 2011, 09:26 AM
Here's what I've got so far.

These I also have (previously listed):

Apps can sometimes disappear due to an issue with Spaces (presumably) and can't be visible again until a restart of the app occurs.
When adding an app to a folder in Launchpad that already has the max allowed, it lets you drag and drop it, then "crashes" that folder (sort of shrivels up and is unusable until you restart the dock)
Moving the mouse or trackpad to wake the computer doesn't work, but clicking and keyboard does)

These are new:
iCal refuses to do anything with a Google Apps calendar.
Internet Accounts crashes when trying to add or edit a Google-hosted account as calendar AND mail.
For that matter, there seems to be no way to merge accounts in there - an account set up in Mail and an account set up in iCal seem doomed to be forever separate.
iCal won't friggin' quit. Or rather, it quits, then reopens and goes transparent. Does it have some sort of helper process like iTunes does now?
Can't drag things out of the Finder sidebar.

celticpride678
Mar 5, 2011, 10:29 AM
My biggest bugs:

1. Desktops randomly start going in wrong order (ex.-Desktop 4 is first)
2. Safari image-dragging to desktop saves image as .webloc, not .jpeg or .png like it should
3. The iOS-esque scrollbars sometime end up underneath content in an iFrame

saguakid
Mar 5, 2011, 12:21 PM
To me
Transmission crashes and stop responding
Safari doesn't let me add bookmarks,and all previews bugs that people mention also I have it
Log me in,iTteleport and all other log apps from your iphone doesn't work

Lord Appleseed
Mar 5, 2011, 12:28 PM
To me
Transmission crashes and stop responding

uTorrent works greatly though...

antmarobel
Mar 5, 2011, 01:01 PM
Folks I read all the posts above and I'm laughing here...None of the freak bugs you've mentioned above I have here...I do have one or two but here Lion runs almost as GM release!

87racer
Mar 5, 2011, 01:10 PM
Folks I read all the posts above and I'm laughing here...None of the freak bugs you've mentioned above I have here...I do have one or two but here Lion runs almost as GM release!

I to have very few bugs with lion itself. launchpad crashing upon renaming folders is one. I have noticed that most bugs in lion result from installing over a snow leopard install. I have a fresh install to a separate partition and most things are working. I definitely don't have any issues with software update or the app store crashing. Crashing is probably some left over plist files from snow leopard. Maybe try removing them in your ~/Library/... folders?

btw to delete an empty folder in launchpad: add an app to it then remove it from the folder. to delete apps from launchpad: hold control+option+command and click on an app(doesn't work for folders).

http://www.bs87.com

skate71290
Mar 5, 2011, 02:07 PM
when i first started Lion was great, but more and more bugs are creeping up, and good few to notice:
- when you open a Quicktime movie - fullscreen it then press Escape and the control panel moves
- Graphical issues in Aperture
- Desktops keep rearranging themselves, but i still think it is incredible and i actually use Spaces now!
- LaunchPad needs some serious work!

*LTD*
Mar 5, 2011, 05:04 PM
Multiple desktops in wrong order.

Gestures need some work. Some options stick, while others don't. Further, the trackpad pref pane's config options aren't all reflected in actual use.

Can't have more than one full-screen app per desktop.

Playing .wmv files within Safari is a no-go. It's a Flip4Mac compatibility issue, however. I'm quite sure they'll release a version to support the new Safari.

kftrainer
Mar 22, 2011, 02:09 PM
Did you say that address book has the ability to have Facebook and Skype capabilities ?
Does that mean we can import those contacts in the Address Book ?

I was smart enough to keep a list of all my bugs so far so I could eventually report them. By the way, in case you don't know (or don't know how to use Google), you can report these bugs to Apple at http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/!!!

My Setup:

MacBook 13" Black (Summer 2007)
2GB Ram
64GB SSD internal hard drive running Lion
500GB HD automatically mounted as /Users
Fresh Lion install
Used the encrypted formatting option in Disk Utility
Enabled Server during install

Problems with OS X Lion

Multiple versions of two apps exist: Transmission after an automatic update (Transmission crashed during the update and now there's two listed, as well as a failed MacVim install that lists the app twice also)
iChat sometimes quits when you close the window (using the red button or keyboard shortcut; I do have the feature enabled where all accounts are listed in a single buddy list which may or may not be doing it)
iCal unsubscribes (randomly) from delegate calendars synced with Google Calendar. Sometimes at app launch, others during other actions within iCal.
iPhoto crashes quite a bit, but it's a very fast crash and relaunch, which is nice. :D
Bluetooth mouse (magic mouse) is at 100% battery life permanently (previously mentioned in this thread)

Problems with 3rd Party Apps

Transmission is crashy. Having miscellaneous trouble with it including using its automatic update feature.
Silverlight doesn't work! I'll have to set up VirtualBox to watch instant stuff on Netflix. :(
Evernote doesn't work (at least the app store version, anyway. previously mentioned in this thread)

With all of that, I still find that there's a lot of cool stuff that makes using the developer preview worth it for me. I like how spaces works now (when it works) and the improvements for SSDs (whole hard drive encryption, TRIM). I haven't figured out the versioning app yet, but I bet it will come in handy. iChat has some improvements, when I can manage to keep it open, and Address Book has the ability to add Facebook, Skype and more to instant messenger entries. Syncing with Google Contacts is much better. iCal looks amazing.

Most problems can be solved by a reboot of the computer or an app in my case.

macmikey2
Mar 24, 2011, 01:29 PM

Nope. It is the Push Notification that is doing it. A couple of solutions were posted at ADC forums, but none were permanent. My iCal is just hidden now. Don't really care.

Nitrus
May 8, 2011, 12:34 AM
Can't seem to scroll through all the desktops/windows/dashboard in mission control (in overview mode).

ErikGrim
May 8, 2011, 07:17 AM
FontBook crashes upon opening (at least on one system)
Twitter for Mac crashes any time you open a context menu (among other scrolling bugs)
Safari can't have inline developer inspector
Scrolling bugs in any app that doesn't use a proper API (most notably Twitter, iTunes and Reeder)

antmarobel
May 8, 2011, 07:24 AM
You know...there was that Eddie Murphy's song "Party all the time"...

bDbpzjbXUZI

...So you can change the word "party" for "crashes"!!!:p

dethmaShine
May 8, 2011, 07:53 AM
Mission Control is a big; needs to be removed asap.

bushido
May 8, 2011, 12:55 PM
the text in safari gets blurry and it stops loading pages when i used 3 finger tap to look up a word with the new dictionary

volume icon isn't always showing the actual volume state

pslocom
May 19, 2011, 08:59 PM
The only issue that I've run into that has really slowed me down is the audio issue. The biggest problem for me is that everyone is suggesting switching to 32-bit Float for in the Audio Midi options. Unfortunatly I don't seem to have that option available. Any ideas? I'm using a 17" MBP (Mid-2009 I believe).

Beanlok
May 27, 2011, 06:17 AM
iTunes, iCal, iPhoto, fontbook, launchpad, mission control, and most other apps all work, generally, fine for me. I use some of those more than others, however. QUICKTIME is driving me mad. The audio/video will freeze for say 3-7 seconds. Then it fast forwards through the frames which were missed during the glitch too quickly for me to catch the video and totally leaves out the audio. This glitch happens with every file I open, but can be worked around by scrubbing back before the glitch and playback resumes normally. Fullscreen video in Quicktime is a bag of hurt.
Safari crashes for me, hangs, failure to load, crashes, etc, but isn't as big of an issue for me as quicktime. Lastly, I have the same 11A459e build on two machines (iMac Macbook) and the macbook plays netflix, the imac does not.

celticpride678
May 27, 2011, 05:10 PM
Major bugs for me (as of Dev 3):

1. Safari is still very unstable
2. Video on YouTube does not play sometimes (instead, there is a green and purple background that flashes - pretty!)
3. Finder has some lingering bugs that will just take time to fix

antmarobel
May 27, 2011, 05:56 PM
I'm totally stressed!! Where is that update?!!!:mad::eek:

celticpride678
May 27, 2011, 07:11 PM

Probably not happening today.

dchao
May 27, 2011, 07:12 PM
QUICKTIME is driving me mad.

Safari crashes for me, hangs, failure to load, crashes, etc,

Try running Quicktime in 32-bit mode, some plug-ins and drivers are buggy or doesn't work in 64-bit mode.

Safari is very unstable, crashes all the time. Old 32-bit plugins won't work in the new Safari. I have to use Firefox instead.

dchao
May 27, 2011, 07:13 PM
Preview 2 and 3 are delivered via App Store, and you need a special coupon code to redeem it.

Sneakz
May 28, 2011, 11:15 PM
Anyone have an issue where Chrome is prventing their system from reboot/shutdown. If I don't force quit Chrome (11.0.696.71) manually, it will never close. And when I need to shut down, the system will just hang there. It'll never close it itself.

celticpride678
May 28, 2011, 11:18 PM
Anyone have an issue where Chrome is prventing their system from reboot/shutdown. If I don't force quit Chrome (11.0.696.71) manually, it will never close. And when I need to shut down, the system will just hang there. It'll never close it itself.

Some versions of Chrome don't shut down correctly on Lion yet. If you use the developer build of Chrome, it will work fine.

Sneakz
May 28, 2011, 11:33 PM
Some versions of Chrome don't shut down correctly on Lion yet. If you use the developer build of Chrome, it will work fine.

Good to know. Chrome Canary (13.0.779.0) seems to be fine.

celticpride678
May 28, 2011, 11:34 PM
Good to know. Chrome Canary (13.0.779.0) seems to be fine.

Yep, that works too. But Chrome Canary for Mac has other issues that bug me.

Sneakz
May 29, 2011, 12:01 AM
Yep, that works too. But Chrome Canary for Mac has other issues that bug me.

I use a mix of all. Chrome, Canary and Chromium Nightlies.

bushido
May 31, 2011, 08:02 AM
new one, didnt do anything special on iMail and suddenly i cant click anything and its interface is messed up. its in fullscreen mode btw and the taskbar isnt showing up either

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dcbvcw.png

xgman
Jun 17, 2011, 10:28 AM
auto sizing finder columns in detail view to show the entire name across by double clicking in between the titles of the columns, no longer works on the latest update of DP4. at least in mine. You can still drag them wider, but not auto expand them apparently.

SunFire
Jul 10, 2011, 11:29 AM
While using Transmission my MacBook (Gen 4,1) drops all connections:
ping to the router just says
"ping: sendto: No route to host
Request timeout for icmp_seq xxx"

ifconfig says on either LAN and WLAN "status: inactive"

only seems to happen when many connections (>15) are open.

Edit:

Vuze can't get ANY Connection to the outside world.

crl
Jul 13, 2011, 03:09 PM
In Finder's sidebar, the user's home directory used to appear in the Favorites section. To add it back in, one would go to Finder's preferences where it is shown on the list as an option to check/enable. But (on my system at least) when I try to enable the checkbox, it won't let me! It just clears itself automatically.

If this behavior can be confirmed by others, it sounds like a bug to me, otherwise why show the home folder in the list at all?

mike1450
Jul 20, 2011, 11:58 AM
I have a bug where the dock icons re-arrange themselves when i change their order. They revert back to their previous states after a few seconds.

maybe i'm doing it wrong?

Trigger95
Jul 20, 2011, 12:27 PM
I simply can't connect to the internet after the update. Local network works just fine, but I can't for the life of me get online.
I've tried reinstalling Lion, disabling IPv6, manually installing Java for Lion via a USB-stick and resetting the SMC by shutting down the computer and cutting power to it for well over a minute.

Does anybody have any ideas on fixing the problem?

iMac 27"
2,66 Core i5
8GB Ram

gardnerkp
Jul 20, 2011, 12:35 PM
Anyone else having trouble with the widgets? None of mine that use data (weather, espn, etc) will update. they are all blank?

METOO999
Jul 20, 2011, 12:36 PM
Sometimes after waking up from sleep, my Macbook won't reconnect to my wireless network. I have to click on the network to get it working again. Occasionally the Finder will forget my "New Finder windows show:" folder preference.

Silverstring
Jul 20, 2011, 12:39 PM
It starts converting messages, and then abruptly quits. I've repaired permissions and restarted, and the problem persists.

Anyone have any ideas?

kimando
Jul 20, 2011, 12:40 PM
I don't know wether it's an bug or not but on my Macbook Pro (mid 2009), secondary two finger tap is really sluggish on Lion. When using a trackpad corner it reacts instantly but with two finger tap it takes approx. ,8 seconds just to show the drop down. Really annoying, anyone else experiencing this?

should add that this is only when I tap, not when i press the whole pad down.

Salukipilot4590
Jul 20, 2011, 12:44 PM
Anyone else having trouble with the widgets? None of mine that use data (weather, espn, etc) will update. they are all blank?

Yup, same here.

Also, apps will not update through the Apple's app updater. Well more like they just stop downloading and seem to kill my internet connection.

Well to be more honest it's more like the updates download....get to a certain point then freeze...this also seems to kill my internet connection. Activity monitor shows a download speed between either 0kb and 8.46kb alternating every second or so.

Frustrating.

newfoundglory
Jul 20, 2011, 12:57 PM
Minor Bug:

Nvidia GeForce 320M has occasional graphics rendering corruption in Safari 5.1

Serious Bug:

OS X 10.7 (11A511) won't install on a software RAID 0 volume.

stripedsnake
Jul 20, 2011, 01:12 PM
Still having issues with machine locking up after boot at login screen after a restart - will not allow me to log in - no mouse control - beachball. Have to hard shut down and restart for it to clear.

Find it hard to believe its a memory issue as everything ran fine in DP4 and SL (8 gigs of Corsair RAM).

tharris0101
Jul 20, 2011, 01:18 PM
So far my biggest one is that Launchpad is completely useless without being able to delete things. Adobe CS5 takes up a page and a half and Starcraft has like 7 icons. The folders can't be nested and have an application limit. How in the world did they release LP in such an alpha like state?

Safari and Chrome both don't scroll as smoothly.

Also, you can no longer access the root file system from the finder?? Is this a bug or an intended feature? Don't like it one bit if it was on purpose

wooten
Jul 20, 2011, 01:21 PM
Works well so far. Google notifier doesn't pop up as it once did. That's the only unusual thing so far.

Salukipilot4590
Jul 20, 2011, 01:24 PM
Update to my above post.

Turn off airport, then turn it back on. Seems to have done the trick for me.

I simply can't connect to the internet after the update. Local network works just fine, but I can't for the life of me get online.
I've tried reinstalling Lion, disabling IPv6, manually installing Java for Lion via a USB-stick and resetting the SMC by shutting down the computer and cutting power to it for well over a minute.

Does anybody have any ideas on fixing the problem?

iMac 27"
2,66 Core i5
8GB Ram

Turn off Airport then turn it back on. That seemed to work for me.

Let me know if it works man!

LaazyEye
Jul 20, 2011, 01:29 PM
iphoto 9.2 crashes on launch =/

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/VncentValntine/ss.png

Salukipilot4590
Jul 20, 2011, 01:53 PM
Wait about a minute then it opens.

I got the same iPhoto crash, waited 60 seconds, then it opened up and the dialog went away.

Now it opens without issues.

tkermit
Jul 20, 2011, 01:55 PM
iphoto 9.2 crashes on launch =/

Image (http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/VncentValntine/ss.png)

How is that a Lion bug? Isn't iPhoto 9.2 a beta version?

axu539
Jul 20, 2011, 02:00 PM
Is anyone else using iTunes 10.5 beta with Lion? I have 10.5 beta installed on both my SL and Lion partitions, but it recently stopped working properly with Lion: my library was no longer recognized, I was unable to add files to the library, etc. I noticed that when attempting to do anything in iTunes, I'd get a series of error messages in console pertaining to something called librariand. I figured it had to do with me not doing a clean install of the GM (I just installed on top of DP4), so it might have caused some issues. If it is actually a more serious problem, I may hold off on officially upgrading to Lion.

Just to be clear, I gave up on this a couple days ago, as the error messages didn't turn up anything particularly useful in Google, and I no longer have the error messages. Anyone have any ideas?

Merthyrboy
Jul 20, 2011, 02:06 PM
If you put logic pro into it's own full screen then go back to desktop then logic basically becomes the background.

Andy-V
Jul 20, 2011, 02:39 PM
Quicktime's fullscreen seems really quite glitchy if you quit it while in fullscreen and reopen. It seems to reopen in fullscreen yet with the video in a window.

Also, the time machine icon looks a bit yuck

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3446/screenshot20110720at203.png

swegen
Jul 20, 2011, 02:46 PM
Trying to disable journaling with disk utility (file menu while option/alt key pressed) on an unmounted filesystem resulted in a kernel panic which requires a reboot.

Aduntu
Jul 20, 2011, 02:47 PM
How in the world do you rename a Launchpad folder?

Edit: Restart fixed it.

Lord Appleseed
Jul 20, 2011, 02:49 PM
How in the world do you rename a Launchpad folder?

Click on the folder to open and then double click on the folder's name.

Aduntu
Jul 20, 2011, 02:53 PM
Click on the folder to open and then double click on the folder's name.

Does that method work for you? I figured it should be that easy but it doesn't work for me.

I'll try a restart to see if that helps.

Samh6
Jul 20, 2011, 02:57 PM
Trying to install the latest xcode and had the "installation alert" popup telling me to close itunes, closed itunes and it still is asking me to close itunes, clicking the magnifying glass just opens itunes up again, dont know wether to force quit the process and restart or restart the system and hope there is an auto continue install.

archer75
Jul 20, 2011, 02:57 PM
Temps are higher under Lion than SL. As soon as I do something like mail or web browsing the GPU temps shoot up. CPU temps are higher as well.

macdudesir
Jul 20, 2011, 03:31 PM
I have found a few, but i can only reproduce one and have only seen this one more than once...ill be happily browsing in safari and all of a sudden it decides to stop loading pages, to fix this a full system restart is required...even with a 30 second boot and the resume feature this becomes a hassle. Any ideas? This is the official version by the way, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place...

Edit: I also just noticed that flash seems to be using more CPU than it did in SL, i havnt actually tested this yet but at a glance it looks like it is....anyone else experiencing this?

archer75
Jul 20, 2011, 03:40 PM
Most of my widgets don't work anymore. Including the stock apple ones.

Icey
Jul 20, 2011, 03:46 PM
After starting up Lion for the first time I got a message saying that I needed to delete two fonts because they conflicted with system fonts... I believe they were Lucida Grande and Lucida Grande Bold. Trusting the warning box that popped up, I hit delete but was very skeptical... turns out this really jacked up my interface. Help??? I've attached screen caps of what it looks like.

Shadow%20Mac
Jul 20, 2011, 03:51 PM
My macbook pro won't go to sleep correctly after a period of inactivity. It sleeps, but light doesn't breathe, and only the power button wakes it up.

Apple > Sleep, and Closing the Lid sleep the computer just fine...

csiCJ
Jul 20, 2011, 03:52 PM
I'm having a problem with my Mac Pro after installing OSX Lion this morning. I was hoping someone would be able to help. After installing Lion, my Philips monitor won't work. My monitor says I need to change the resolution to 1280x768 but when I connect my Mac Pro to my second monitor and try and change the settings for the Philips monitor, there is no option for that resolution.

I'm using an early 2009 Mac Pro. The Philips monitor is connected through VGA and a VGA to DVI adapter.

I had no problems with SL; and I have no idea why it is not working with Lion.

Any ideas how to fix this? Apple Customer Support said to go to the Genius bar, which I am tonight, but I was hoping to fix it before then.

Nathe
Jul 20, 2011, 03:55 PM
2 small bugs I've encountered, firstly the profile icon on the login screen is pixelated (tried a couple of the default OSX icons but no change). Also getting an issue in Mission Control where sometimes it stacks all the windows on top of one another, so you can only get at whatever it's decided to put on top :confused:

siwsan
Jul 20, 2011, 03:55 PM
but here Lion runs almost as GM release!

The Lion IS the GM release (or the other way around if you like).

CaveDog21
Jul 20, 2011, 06:11 PM
When I click on something, and select it, wait a send or two and it "clicks off" like I clicked a window and then clicked off onto the desktop. Anyone else having this problem? It makes everything annoyingly useless.

Capex
Jul 20, 2011, 07:05 PM
I thought I'd try this...

One of the only things I have noticed was Safari hanging a lot, and a Mission Control problem I have posted about already (Which I have now only been able to replicate by having Chrome and Safari open together)

Feel free to post yours. Let me know if this is a dumb thread or anything, I just wanted to see other people's.

archer75
Jul 20, 2011, 07:06 PM
Mouse or trackpad won't wake the monitor(computer isn't asleep, just the display turns off) but pressing a keyboard button will.

mikechan1234
Jul 20, 2011, 07:12 PM
Trying to install the latest xcode and had the "installation alert" popup telling me to close itunes, closed itunes and it still is asking me to close itunes, clicking the magnifying glass just opens itunes up again, dont know wether to force quit the process and restart or restart the system and hope there is an auto continue install.

also encountered this error as well even when iTunes is not running...

tkermit
Jul 20, 2011, 07:13 PM
Mouse or trackpad won't wake the monitor(computer isn't asleep, just the display turns off) but pressing a keyboard button will.

Pretty sure that's actually a feature, not a bug. Does it wake up when you physically press down on the trackpad?

KilljoyPBN
Jul 20, 2011, 07:24 PM
iPhoto gestures dont work. Causes iPhoto to crash.

Tonewheel
Jul 20, 2011, 07:26 PM
After starting up Lion for the first time I got a message saying that I needed to delete two fonts because they conflicted with system fonts... I believe they were Lucida Grande and Lucida Grande Bold. Trusting the warning box that popped up, I hit delete but was very skeptical... turns out this really jacked up my interface. Help??? I've attached screen caps of what it looks like.

You apparently deleted system fonts. Not sure how to resolve this; someone else will know how.

Orchidkid
Jul 20, 2011, 07:37 PM
Heres my two so far:

Photo booth- Once opened cannot scroll through different effects, cannot close app when wanted to.

xcode- downloaded new version, while installing about half way through I got a new pop up window that stated that I needed to exit iTunes to complete install but iTunes was not opened. I opened and quit iTunes about four times and still had the warning. I then tried to force quit the Xcode install which would not let me quit. I then attempted a shut down and was told that i needed to exit Xcode installer before I could do that.

I ended up doing a hard shut down, rebooted and Xcode loaded properly and seems to be working fine.

CaveDog21
Jul 20, 2011, 07:45 PM
When I click on something, and select it, wait a send or two and it "clicks off" like I clicked a window and then clicked off onto the desktop. Anyone else having this problem? It makes everything annoyingly useless.

As it turns out the HyperSpaces App will cause the problem I described. If you have it you have to use activity monitor and force it to quit and then you need to get rid of it.

Nikonian
Jul 20, 2011, 11:56 PM
I too REALLY hate the inability to put my favorites below devices in finder. It's should be like a hierarchy, this is just backwards The old side bar was great in that respect.

Nikonian
Jul 21, 2011, 12:05 AM
Multiple desktops in wrong order.

Can't have more than one full-screen app per desktop.

These two things arn't bugs. Documentation says desktops will be listed in order based off use, numbers are merely indicators of the order they were created in.

Secondly, full screen apps are their own desktop. It's suppose to be this way. Would kind of be counterproductive any other way. They function as apps comparable to an iOS device. I prefer it this way.

unobtainium
Jul 21, 2011, 12:42 AM
2 small bugs I've encountered, firstly the profile icon on the login screen is pixelated (tried a couple of the default OSX icons but no change). Also getting an issue in Mission Control where sometimes it stacks all the windows on top of one another, so you can only get at whatever it's decided to put on top :confused:

I noticed the pixelated user icons on the login screen as well. Odd.

mike1450
Jul 21, 2011, 10:10 AM
I got another one... Netflix works in the browser window set to "full screen" but when you set safari in Lion's Full Screen mode, it can't keep a constant frame rate. i guess it's a silverlight issue??

Spinnetti
Jul 21, 2011, 10:26 PM
Background:
3 macs, 27" i7 BTO iMac, 21.5" "standard" iMac, Mac mini, all recent, plus a new time capsule.
> Initial install went fine on 27" (direct wire)
> Install over wireless for the other two went fine.

What I've observed so far after a couple hours poking around.....

> Wireless often will not reconnect after a reboot. Had the network hidden, and nearly every time have to enter in the network name and PW.. VERY annoying. I made the name public again, and it works most of the time now, but sometimes VERY slow and inconsistent to resolve for my two wireless machines (all on Lion, all nearly new)

> On App store, you can start a download, then midstream, it shows the app as "update" instead of "install". If you poke the button again, it hangs the installer and leaves it in Launch pad. A number of reboots later it cleared up.

> Ejecting a disc in a finder sidebar closes the finder window (should stay open)

> Disc volume information no longer shows on the bottom of the finder window (is there a setting for this somewhere?)

> Deleted Parallels a long time ago, but Launch pad somehow found a bunch (several panes worth) of windows apps it displays, but I can neither find nor delete these icons

> Can't remove unwanted icons from launch pad! - is there an option somewhere? This is bad.

> Launch pad doesn't respect SOME of my folders inside the app folder. Some of them it keeps in Launch pad, some it put all the apps in launch pad outside of their folder.

> App Installer hung installing xcode, saying I needed to close iTunes when it wasn't open.... took a couple reboots to clear that

> Like windows Lion does NOT let you delete delivered apps you don't want, and they clutter up launch pad since you can't remove them either - for instance, I don't play chess, so want to delete it, but it says its a "required OS function" - Gaa! windows at its worst.

> App installer doesn't check if you have the app already.. can just keep installing it. Should check.

> Each machine required a seperate 4gig download - should have been able to download once for my network. Not a show stopper, but annoying.

> Disk Utilities text has not been updated to reflect the new utilities partition (still says, if you have a problem, put in the install disk ....)

Spinnetti
Jul 21, 2011, 10:27 PM
Heres my two so far:

Photo booth- Once opened cannot scroll through different effects, cannot close app when wanted to.

xcode- downloaded new version, while installing about half way through I got a new pop up window that stated that I needed to exit iTunes to complete install but iTunes was not opened. I opened and quit iTunes about four times and still had the warning. I then tried to force quit the Xcode install which would not let me quit. I then attempted a shut down and was told that i needed to exit Xcode installer before I could do that.

I ended up doing a hard shut down, rebooted and Xcode loaded properly and seems to be working fine.

Same here....

87racer
Jul 21, 2011, 10:59 PM
> Ejecting a disc in a finder sidebar closes the finder window (should stay open)
This should only happen if that is the window being displayed. Like say you have a drive named media and you are viewing something in that drive and eject it, it will close that finder window. Does it close if you are on a folder on your lion partition?

> Disc volume information no longer shows on the bottom of the finder window (is there a setting for this somewhere?)
Yes check the view option for what you are looking for.

> Deleted Parallels a long time ago, but Launch pad somehow found a bunch (several panes worth) of windows apps it displays, but I can neither find nor delete these icons
Check <user name>/Applications/<your old virtual machines name>.

> App Installer hung installing xcode, saying I needed to close iTunes when it wasn't open.... took a couple reboots to clear that
If you see this again check activity monitor in the utilities folder for the iTunes process. Just because iTunes wasn't open does't mean the process wasn't still running in the background for some reason.

> Like windows Lion does NOT let you delete delivered apps you don't want, and they clutter up launch pad since you can't remove them either - for instance, I don't play chess, so want to delete it, but it says its a "required OS function" - Gaa! windows at its worst.
try "sudo rm -R /Applications/Chess.app" in a terminal window. you will need to enter your password but it should let you delete it. keep in mind that this will delete it FOREVER(unless you copy back from another install)!

Hope this is of some help.

rainbowsofwhite
Jul 21, 2011, 11:06 PM
Just a quick list of bugs encountered so far.

1. When moving files(jpegs) to a USB stick computer freezes. (Had to do a force quit)
2. Icons in Launchpad did not match up with names. Photoshop icon with Mail title below it.
3. Some icons in Launchpad had no image, just a vacant box with dashes.

Thats it, otherwise I'm loving Lion.

marsmissions
Jul 21, 2011, 11:11 PM
iTunes, when in fullscreen at startup, fails to give itself it's own space after a restart. Clicking the icon on the dock shows the iTunes window but it doesn't have window controlls and it looks like it should be fullscreen.

Might be related to my iTunes library being on a network drive. Not sure, haven't been able to test this.

87racer
Jul 21, 2011, 11:38 PM
iTunes, when in fullscreen at startup, fails to give itself it's own space after a restart. Clicking the icon on the dock shows the iTunes window but it doesn't have window controlls and it looks like it should be fullscreen.

Might be related to my iTunes library being on a network drive. Not sure, haven't been able to test this.

Try just leaving fullscreen from the view menu then reentering fullscreen. Had this bug in developer preview 4 and that was how I got it working again.

StellarZ
Jul 21, 2011, 11:48 PM
Couldn't read everything, but is anyone have a problem with their profiles saving ANY setting. I tried startup items, folder preferences, safari bookmarks, etc. every time I quit an application and start it back up, my settings are gone.

meagain
Jul 22, 2011, 01:02 AM
Oddity

Mail app icon doesn't have a light indicator under it whether open or minimized.

freedevil
Jul 22, 2011, 01:39 AM
Heres my two so far:

Yepp, if you quit iTunes helper from a activity monitor, it works.

Spinnetti
Jul 22, 2011, 04:53 AM
This should only happen if that is the window being displayed. Like say you have a drive named media and you are viewing something in that drive and eject it, it will close that finder window. Does it close if you are on a folder on your lion partition?

Yes check the view option for what you are looking for.

Check <user name>/Applications/<your old virtual machines name>.

If you see this again check activity monitor in the utilities folder for the iTunes process. Just because iTunes wasn't open does't mean the process wasn't still running in the background for some reason.

try "sudo rm -R /Applications/Chess.app" in a terminal window. you will need to enter your password but it should let you delete it. keep in mind that this will delete it FOREVER(unless you copy back from another install)!

Hope this is of some help.

That was very helpful - I'll check all those things...

Thanks!

apolloa
Jul 22, 2011, 05:04 AM
Hmm, not a bug our say, but I have deleted my Chrome and thought I could get away with the new webkit 2 safari, not sure now. It's slow and clunky, still fails to fully support flash although that's Lion and Apple as a whole to be fair, so I've had to install the flash blockers again. But it's performance is just so clunky? The disk is alway's being used, browsing is just not smooth with it. I'm going to keep going and see if it improvs as Safari is the only bloody browser that uses the Intel GPU rather then the Nvidia!! Why the other browsers can't do this I'll never know.

On a brighter note I love all the fancy swipe animations, very trick. I really want Safari to work, I like it's features, just want it to be smooth.

I also had to remove my Belkin router software as every time I woke the machine from sleep the Usb Printer Server part would max out the CPU. The software didn't do much anyway so no loss.

Tiffs
Jul 22, 2011, 09:27 AM
Ever since i upgraded to Lion I keep suddenly losing my copy in middle of typing - doesn't seem to be software specific, has happened in Outlook, Word, Basecamp so far. And the cursor suddenly for no obvious reason jumps to a different place in the document or text. Its like a ton of hot keys have been allocated to the wrong keys!:eek:

Serpent12
Jul 23, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hello,

- wifi does not automatically connect when iMac wakes up.
-quicktime player resumes where i last finished.. (Not the best thing ever)
- if i click on the full screen quicktime icon at the top right corner it doesn't do anything but click on the window below...

*LTD*
Jul 23, 2011, 08:01 PM
For some reason, ever since installing Lion, Safari has been showing me constant whining and belly-aching.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I might just downgrade to SL.

kyle1320
Jul 23, 2011, 08:10 PM
In a new tab in Safari, the "X" to close the tab won't appear unless you go to another tab then back.

EDIT: happens when you have the option set to open new pages in tabs. Doesn't seem to work control-click because you have to go to that tab first.

Samsumac
Jul 23, 2011, 08:14 PM
Mail--sometimes it will not send a new email,citing problems with the email account, but will do so, if I close/open the application. Apart from that I am impressed by email so far.

fisherking
Jul 23, 2011, 08:24 PM
If you put logic pro into it's own full screen then go back to desktop then logic basically becomes the background.

yeah, it seems logic gets pinned under the menu bar, and won't move...
am using it NOT fullscreen for now (better safe than etc...).

SolRayz
Jul 23, 2011, 08:45 PM
No sure if this was mentioned yet.
^(Control) + 2 finger slide to zoom stops working occasionally. Logging out and back in fixes the problem temporarily. This is on my 2010 Mac Mini.

I also get a lot of random connects and disconnects with Apples bluetooth keyboard and magic pad.

matt687
Jul 23, 2011, 11:46 PM
Shift+Option+Vol Up/Down is no longer working to change volume in smaller increments, which is one feature I used everyday.

Shift+Vol Up/Down is still working to mute the 'bloop' noises while changing volume.

Why would you remove this Apple??

spartus4
Jul 24, 2011, 02:02 AM
Pasting an email address from Safari to mail to send a new email will not work. Mail doesn't even give you the option to paste.

mbrown90
Jul 24, 2011, 03:01 AM
There is a option in the desktop background system preferences to have the background image change every 5 seconds, every minute, hour etc. This does not seem to work.

How can i report this to apple?

xlii
Jul 24, 2011, 08:40 AM
Have seen this 2 times since updating to Lion. It's a small thing to me, and yes I have enable javascript and enable java turned on. I have adblock turn on as an extension. I'm using Safari 5.1 the default Lion browser. Here is the message I get:

If you see this message, your web browser doesn't support JavaScript or JavaScript is disabled.Please enable JavaScript in your browser settings so Newegg.com can function correctly. I also downloaded the java update since java doesn't come with Lion.

Got the above message when I mailed a webpage to my mail account.

I also got a message like that one when I added a page to the reading list.

Keano2416
Jul 24, 2011, 08:55 AM
I am having a really really strange problem.

My sound isn't working for mp3, mp4 or avi files.

Sound is perfect, however, on the browser e.g. YouTube.

iTunes doesn't play music, no sound on QuickLook or from VLC.

Anyone have this problem? Please help me!!! :(:confused:

EDIT: It's back working now. A simple restart seemed to do the trick :p Weird though, I've had lots of these small bugs which seem to be fixed on a restart!

jwei92
Jul 25, 2011, 01:06 AM
I noticed this morning that my Spotlight was stuck on "Estimating indexing time" and has stayed like that the whole day. I've tried Repairing permissions, clearing caches, and clearing the index to no avail. Any one else have this problem?

Also, slow boot time.

And finally, Alfred seems to not find some files sometimes. I never had to add a ' before a document(which now then finds what I'm looking for) but back in SL I had no need for the quote

elliot323
Jul 25, 2011, 04:44 PM
Hi macrumors crew

im into music production and i use a soundcard instead of the macs built in, although the soundcard requires a driver whenever i go to install it it seems to install fine then requires a restart, i restart and it gets to the login screen and then i get the spinning wheel of death, doesn't let me type, doesn't let me click anything i can only move the mouse about the login screen! So i turn off via power button then turn on again, login works fine but the driver is still not installed and the soundcard doesn't work. Happens every time without fail, this isn't the only thing that ive tried to install that gets to the same point then same problem happens. any ideas? im stumped

archer75
Jul 25, 2011, 04:52 PM
logmein website isn't working when I try to reconnect to a remote computer. I tried the latest logmein plug in, two different browsers and got the latest java for lion from apple. I just get a blank screen when I bring up the desktop of the remote system.

Also found my imac stuck in a loop this morning. It was sleeping, then it woke up(screen was still blank) then went back to sleep. 10 seconds later it woke up, 10 seconds after that, back to sleep and so on.

Serpent12
Jul 25, 2011, 11:29 PM
IDK if its been mentioned.. but the zoom feature with the 'control" and mouse
stops working after a while.. requires me to log out and back in...

also some apps will not update like for example VLC.. I tells me theres and update but it will then give me a download error.. so i have to do it manually.
not sure if its a lion bug but its annoying..

WizardHunt
Jul 26, 2011, 01:12 AM
Shift+Option+Vol Up/Down is no longer working to change volume in smaller increments, which is one feature I used everyday.

Shift+Vol Up/Down is still working to mute the 'bloop' noises while changing volume.

Why would you remove this Apple??

I second this! I also used that feature. Bring it Back Apple Please!!!

Supershuttle
Jul 26, 2011, 01:26 AM

Seems to me that most of these problems are because you upgraded instead of clean installing.

WizardHunt
Jul 26, 2011, 01:29 AM
Seems to me that most of these problems are because you upgraded instead of clean installing.

Did you do a clean install and having no audio problems what so ever?
I seem to be having problems with my sister hearing me and me hearing her with face time. But other audio stuff is working fine.

Jesse Smith
Jul 26, 2011, 01:52 AM
This is what I call a crummy upgrade, or more of a downgrade!!!

Background image lost during upgrade.
Time Machine Off - Still likes to back-up.
Time Machine is *very* slow at backing up, even for small back-ups.
One of the external hard-drive disks sudenly loves to eject over and over.
Finder windows that were open when iMac shut down are usually not open when computer comes on.
Permission settings screwed up, even after Disk Utility. (Loves to require a password for simple file stuff)
Restart *very* slow. Finally just press the power button to shut it off and then back on.
Scroll arrows missing.
Mac Mail didn't search all messages. Fixed that by re-indexing Spotlight.

Did I mention, this is one crappy downgrade!!!

I would try doing a fresh new install on another Hard-drive, but Mac Store just spits out the Already installed message.

andymodem
Jul 28, 2011, 07:24 AM
Is this the same for anyone else? When in Disk Utility if you try to perform a restore, I no longer have the check box to turn off erasing the destination disk. It forces an erase now and I can't find anywhere to turn that off.

Spartanets
Jul 31, 2011, 05:27 PM
My launchpad app icons keep re-ordering themselves at every startup. The first page (containing Apple apps) is fine... just the second page with 3rd party app icons that seems to be a problem. I posted on the Apple Support Communities page but no joy on a fix. Can anyone offer advice/fix?!

sixstreet
Aug 2, 2011, 10:39 AM
Two things I've noticed regarding workflow issues:

1 - When I Command + Tab between Dreamweaver CS3 and Safari DW is blank until I click on it.

2 - For a while I wasn't able to open URL's from Mail. I could see the Safari window when I switched between Desktops (left to right or right to left), but it would disappear as soon as the transition between desktops was over. This issue has not occurred in the last few days.

Mattie Num Nums
Aug 2, 2011, 11:24 AM
1.) Active Directory Bind Utility is not working in 10.7
2.) Default Search Policy names are not the domain name
3.) SMB shares randomly fail
4.) Mail unexpectedly quits when an Exchange account is present

ideal.dreams
Aug 2, 2011, 11:45 AM
Volume control on Apple Earbuds does not work sometimes
Native OS X Apps do not support dual monitors when going into full screen

Those would be my only two gripes. Other than that I love it.

MrWaffles
Aug 2, 2011, 12:00 PM
If I have Safari open in another desktop, not minimized, and I click on it in the dock it does not automatcially take me over to Safari. I have to manually switch desktops. Everything else takes me right to it when i click on it in the dock while it is open.

Mac Mail was being terrible too. Too many things to describe, nothing seemed to work right. I am using Postbox for the time-being because mac mail actually looks pretty good if they could get it to work properly.

sphinx777
Aug 2, 2011, 09:40 PM
Mine is a MBP 2011 8GB, my brother is MBWhite 2009 4GB.
Lots of erratic bugs as:
- can`t paste/copy images (.png) from a folder on desktop
- slow App Store
- slowness sometimes
- I installed X11 but when I try to open an .app a window (error message) appears and i can`t close this one (just restarting) - don`t works CMD+OPT+ESC
- my impressions is that Lion OSx is a new Vista (slow, using too much memory, incompatibility - X11 and PowerPC, GIMP never more - there isn`t an .app that makes them works full?)
Hey, I don`t run Windows to run GIMP, ok?
- freezing A LOT
- Everyday I find a new bug. Another day I`ve observed that Finder doesn`t show the last item of a List (just half). Is it normal?
- My Mighty Mouse was crazy when I used the another USB also (my Time Machine External HD). Mission Control open/close all the time. Needs forced restart. Lateral buttons weren`t used.
- I`ve installed a clean SL and Lion after

RS1999ent
Aug 3, 2011, 01:52 AM
Wanted to chime in with bugs I've found, though I am generally happy with lion. I especially like full screen mode because it fits into my workflow really well. In my opinion, some things should always be full screen --- Mail, Calendar, iTunes, and Terminal (so that I don't get distracted when writing in emacs).

Anyway, bugs:
1)In Mission Control, you can't drag and drop a window from the spaces running on a second monitor to a space on the primary monitor. This is weird, since there no such restriction when not in Mission Control.

2)Sometimes Lion forgets my wallpaper setting for the spaces on my second monitor and instead simply shows a dull grey wallpaper. It gets stuck in this state, so I can't reselect the wallpaper I want to use w/o shutting the laptop lid and re-opening it or logging out and logging back in.

3)This one is a bit scary. Sometimes all of my apps stop accepting input from the keyboard (both the laptop one and my external Kinesis keyboard). However, system commands, such as CTRL right arrow to change spaces still work. Simply shutting the laptop lid and re-opening it seems to resolve whatever is causing this problem. It's possible that the problem is caused by a weird interaction between my specific external keyboard and the laptop.

4)Aperture 3 does not work well with Lion --- there's got to be a memory leak. Simply leaving it running degrades system performance to the point where everything becomes choppy.

5)I'm having trouble using Kerberos 5 authentication to connect to my IMAP mail server. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes it doesn't...

Is there some website we can report bugs to Apple? Safari has a "report bug..." option, but I don't see anything for the OS... [Edit: Never mind...Found Apple bug reporter]

PowerGamerX
Aug 3, 2011, 02:13 AM
Honestly aside from the occasional Mission Control window covering another window bug I haven't had any issues with Lion.

talmy
Aug 3, 2011, 09:32 AM
Frequently keyboard becomes unresponsive in applicatons. Switching to another app, typing, and switching back again temporarily fixes this.
Printer metrics changed for one of my printers and now forms don't align.
Excessively long boot times traced to network login issues.
Choppy network access causes problems streaming and might also be slowing TimeMachine.
Entering and leaving full screen mode is much slower than it was in Snow Leopard (especially Aperture). No way to turn off animations.
autosave and versions don't work with server shares or USB flash drives and you are warned of this either too late to recover or no warning at all.
One system will no longer sleep on its own.
Resume doesn't recognize that some windows were left minimized.
Various system configuration settings don't seem to stick.

Looking forward to 10.7.1.

I think one system will require a fresh install which will take at least a full day to accomplish. Looking at system logs there is a lot of cruft causing errors. I've been able to clean a lot of it out, but it's still an issue (and is probably causing the insomnia).

Jeordeon
Aug 3, 2011, 05:11 PM
The most annoying bugs I've found:

If you're using an app that hides the cursor, e.g. fullscreen videos in iTunes, or games like Minecraft, then swapping between spaces keeps the cursor hidden. The only way I've found to undo this is to activate Mission Control. Simple fix, but annoying nonetheless.

Activate Launchpad, highlight the dock, deactivate Launchpad into a fullscreen app, and the Dock is still there. The only fix is to activate Launchpad and un-highlight the Dock.

Safari in fullscreen is wonderful, but after having it open in fs for a while, closing tabs and using bookmarks gets messed up. >,<

I doubt you've heard this one, it's really obscure, but you can't freakin delete apps from Launchpad without changing system files. =P

Sometimes moving the cursor to the top of fs safari and then back down moves the whole window up, hiding the top of the window behind the toolbar, and leaving a little black margin at the bottom. Fixable by deactivating fs.

ECUpirate44
Aug 3, 2011, 05:13 PM
Scrolling in safari and chrome uses between 33-59% of my CPU killing my battery life.

handel30
Aug 3, 2011, 06:37 PM
I've experienced only two bugs or kinks, and both are rare so far. First, while I'm browsing the web on Safari, twice it seemed to me that my wifi connection had gone down, but, after making sure that wifi was fine, I restarted my computer and Safari was back. Second, sometimes when I accidentally do a gesture that zooms in toward text in a window (just like the one I'm typing in now to leave this message), I have experienced freezes, but nothing that refreshing the page didn't fix. I don't recall having either problem with Snow Leopard. Other than that, it has been smooth sailing.

Steve's Barber
Aug 3, 2011, 07:55 PM
...nobody from Apple is reading this thread. :confused:

talmy
Aug 3, 2011, 07:57 PM

Not necessarily true. But I've reported a few more serious errors on the feedback page, and so should everyone here. Also my system sends all the crash reports back to Apple.

reisa
Aug 3, 2011, 11:39 PM
The lion-experience is turning out to be a nightmare. Obviously there is a lot of bugs going around. In Fotomagico its impossible to get access to the iTunes library. Safari crashed dozen of times yesterday. Ticking out the box: open windows after restart, does not make this useless feature to go away. Dropbox doesn't work. This is just to mention a few of the problems encountered the last few days.

Frankly, i don't have time for this ****. Time is money for professionals. The mac-experience (user since 1989) has always been: Power up and everything just works.
Well, now it don't. Then theres no edge over the pc any longer.

First fix: reinstall snow leopard from time machine backup. Run this as long as possible. Then, capitulate and get a PC.

mbp 13 2011. 2,7 ghz 8gb ram

Smileyboy
Aug 4, 2011, 01:06 AM
Safari freezing my entire computer and having to restart it.

sydsays
Aug 4, 2011, 01:25 AM
Want my money back! The only real ?improvement of Lion is that the mouse wheel has changed direction. On the other hand it has killed my Apple usb fax modem that I paid them for not so long ago . Also killed my scanner an old Scanjet 5p, fortunately got it working with Vuescan but at a cost. What a lemon!

djlard
Aug 4, 2011, 08:19 AM
What a waste of battery - no way to turn off the keyboard lights anymore since Lion update.

I hope Apple read this stuff as this seems like a rush release to me!

talmy
Aug 4, 2011, 08:36 AM
I did a Lion reinstall which fixed a couple of my numerous problems. Still not a clean install, but did help.

However in doing this I found another bug! The recovery partition has a choice for reinstall but it got hung up saying I needed to agree to changed Terms and Conditions. But it didn't show them or give me a button to accept them! It would not proceed. I had to boot back to Lion, go to the App store, and download an app from there (luckily there was one that needed to be upgraded) in order to get the new Terms and Conditions accepted!

Remember to do this with bugs: http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

sanke1
Aug 4, 2011, 09:40 AM
While in Safari, using magic mouse, zooms a portion of a page randomly and zooming out again is quite tacky.

Huge bug.

tom5304
Aug 4, 2011, 10:52 AM
Want my money back! ...What a lemon!

I'm getting my money back. And yes, Lion is a lemon.

I sent in an email to the iTunes store two days ago, listing my main complaints about Lion (Laggy slowdowns, broken Wifi, iMac running much hotter).

I received an email reply this morning saying Apple is going to reverse the charge.

Snow Leopard is still running fine for me, unlike that buggy mess called Lion.

KPOM
Aug 4, 2011, 11:10 AM

Just a reminder to report bugs here.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Drunken Master
Aug 4, 2011, 11:24 AM
I shut down the Macbook most nights, but today I turned it back on and I had also been logged out...? It never does that.

Pavia
Aug 4, 2011, 01:12 PM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7813/screenshot20110804at550.png

The doc messed up full screen iTunes...

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7813/screenshot20110804at550.png

I don't think it's supposed to look like that when using Mission Control :)

Also encountered a bug where it would only show less than half of my desktop picture... And rest would just be gray.
All this happens on an external monitor after going into clampshell mode (which is automatic now, delightful!)

xkmxkmxlmx
Aug 4, 2011, 01:44 PM
I experienced all of this yesterday as I had most of the day to sit down with Lion. My bug list so far:

- Set "new finder window opens with" to a specific place. It has randomly reset to default "all my files" 3 times throughout the day.

- 3 separate video freezes with 3 different video sources (youtube, vimeo and even Apple's own movie trailer site). All requiring a hard reset.

- Problem with Steam. MACHD > Applications > Steam > Contents > MacOS folder pops up upon every restart no matter what I do. I have tried messing around with startup options. Uninstalled and reinstalled Steam and nothing.

- Chrome has crashed 3 times, mostly while trying to download images. (currently running Chrome 13 - so not sure if that has something to do with it).

- Safari has crashed 3 times as well, but only upon launch and at random.

- Typing sometimes comes to a crawl (such as right now) when I have a few browser windows open).

- Two graphical errors. The first one happened when I was trying to move a batch of files from one folder to another. The batch just expanded and froze on my desktop. Could not touch them. Had to reset.

- The other happened later when I was transferring some video from one of my externals. I was transferring two folders over. I did one first and then after that finished I started the other. I tried to move the first one to another folder and it froze half way and burned into my desktop once again (you can see that "BEGIN Japanology..." writing in the finder window. That is actually just showing through from the desktop). The difference here was, I could not move ANY file or folder after that. They all seemed to be stuck. Had to once again, reset.

All in all, a quite annoying day.

anotherarunan
Aug 4, 2011, 03:24 PM
My sound randomly decided to stop working once. Not sure if this is Lion related but never had this happen to my machine before. Required a complete restart to get it working again. Strange.

Nixir
Aug 4, 2011, 03:47 PM
I just came to say "thank you" to all the beta testers :D

I'll be upgrading when Lion functions as good (or better) as the current SL hehehe...

Smileyboy
Aug 5, 2011, 07:47 AM
YouTube crashes for me too. Other than safari..... No other pronlems

fortheloveofmac
Aug 5, 2011, 08:28 AM
The lion-experience is turning out to be a nightmare. Obviously there is a lot of bugs going around. In Fotomagico its impossible to get access to the iTunes library. Safari crashed dozen of times yesterday. Ticking out the box: open windows after restart, does not make this useless feature to go away. Dropbox doesn't work. This is just to mention a few of the problems encountered the last few days.

Frankly, i don't have time for this ****. Time is money for professionals. The mac-experience (user since 1989) has always been: Power up and everything just works.

First fix: reinstall snow leopard from time machine backup. Run this as long as possible. Then, capitulate and get a PC.

mbp 13 2011. 2,7 ghz 8gb ram

Every new system needs time on both ends. I know many people, including myself that aren't having any problems, but maybe it's because we all have newer Macs or don't do a ton of altering or downloading of numerous applications. Who knows, but it's not everyone, so it has potential to work out for all soon enough.

talmy
Aug 5, 2011, 08:59 AM
The lion-experience is turning out to be a nightmare. [...] Safari crashed dozen of times yesterday. [...] Dropbox doesn't work. This is just to mention a few of the problems encountered the last few days.

Admittedly there are problems, however Dropbox does work -- syncs just fine, it just doesn't put the little check marks in the icons. And Safari under Windows crashes far more frequently than under Lion.

Sounds like you never performed an upgrade before! I've done Panther->Tiger->Leopard->Snow Leopard->Lion and the one to Leopard was by far the most disabling as it completely brought down my LAN. But Windows has been no better. Upgrading from NT 4.0 to 2000, my system was down for a week waiting for new scanner drivers (in the mail, no less!) and a replacement motherboard because of hardware incompatibilities. I also made the mistake of doing the upgrade in a narrow window of time.

Now I only do upgrades in the summer, slack time since I teach (and use the computer for classes) during the school year. If I didn't do the Lion upgrade now, I'd have to wait a year, and I didn't want to do that. From past experience 10.7.1 will appear soon and 10.7.0 while buggy does work well enough that I won't suffer much. Anyway, 7 Macs here and 3 are still on SL (one on Snow Leopard Server, and if that gets upgraded it will be Summer 2012!)

I cloned the system drives on the 4 Macs I upgraded before making the change so it would be an easy matter to go back if I had to.

BlackMangoTree
Aug 5, 2011, 09:32 AM
Digital Audio, once you play video with digital audio the computer will lose all audio, needs reboot to fix. Snow Leopard had the same issue which was recently fixed. Poor Lion still has it. I find it pretty pathetic i buy a new Mac and digital audio has issues. Feels like I'm back in the Windows 98 days.

Pavia
Aug 7, 2011, 08:34 AM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7813/screenshot20110804at550.png

The doc messed up full screen iTunes...

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7813/screenshot20110804at550.png

I don't think it's supposed to look like that when using Mission Control :)

Also encountered a bug where it would only show less than half of my desktop picture... And rest would just be gray.
All this happens on an external monitor after going into clampshell mode (which is automatic now, delightful!)

In addition to these two, I got a picture of the one described in the end, and a picture of another full screen mess up, which includes the top bar missing, but still allocated(?) room...

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/548/screenshot20110807at121.png

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2241/screenshot20110807at100.png

md4peace
Aug 7, 2011, 10:44 AM
I have a recently new MBP (but pre-Lion). Upgraded to Lion and latest Keynote. When working in Keynote, frequently get the spinning beach ball that takes about a minute to resolve. This is intolerable as I have major presentations coming up that require extensive work in Keynote to prepare. Also get significant delays in typing text. This is inconsistent - sometimes works just fine. Then suddenly doesn't. I've tried shutting down everything else without benefit.

md4peace
Aug 7, 2011, 10:55 AM
I've figured out that the delays seem to come when the program is auto-saving. Is there a way to alter this feature?

weekilter
Aug 7, 2011, 03:25 PM
Since installation of OS X Lion iCal will not stay open if you close the window. Lion wasn't ready for release. I'm not sure why it was released with all the bugs it seems to have.

Nathe
Aug 9, 2011, 12:05 PM
Encountered another issue, this time when using dual display, VLC works fine outputting fullscreen video to an external display, Quicktime however either won't output to the external display or turns the external display off :confused:

RS1999ent
Aug 9, 2011, 10:39 PM
Okay, two new bugs I've found:

1)Mail.app doesn't set the "replied to" flag when you reply to an e-mail from a personal IMAP folder other than INBOX. This bug has been confirmed by Apple as a known problem.

2)Lion does not properly restore windows when booting up. Try full screening a few apps, then reboot. When the machine first comes up and is still re-launching apps, switch to a full screen app. Non-full screen apps will start populating on top of the full screen app. Amusingly, these apps can be 'dragged' back to a regular (non-full screen) space.

3)For me, Airplay stops working. After some time, and perhaps after moving the laptop around to several locations and back to my apartment, iTunes will no long airplay anything to my AppleTV or my Airport Express. The devices are detected and I can select them, but iTunes will quickly de-select my selections and drop me back to "computer." Rebooting fixes the problem temporarily.

talmy
Aug 9, 2011, 11:01 PM
When working in Keynote, frequently get the spinning beach ball that takes about a minute to resolve. Also get significant delays in typing text.

I had major delay problems that went away after I did a reinstall of Lion. Worst delays I see now are about 1 second when autosaving a 400 page illustrated document.

Since installation of OS X Lion iCal will not stay open if you close the window. Lion wasn't ready for release.

Not a general problem -- it stays open for me.

Encountered another issue, this time when using dual display, VLC works fine outputting fullscreen video to an external display, Quicktime however either won't output to the external display or turns the external display off :confused:

Here's why: VLC hasn't been "Lionized". It works like it always has. Quicktime has and uses Lion's full screen mode. In full screen nothing is displayed on other than the main screen -- lots of complaints about Lion's full screen and Mission Control implementation from people with two or more monitors.

2)Lion does not properly restore windows when booting up. Try full screening a few apps, then reboot. When the machine first comes up and is still re-launching apps, switch to a full screen app. Non-full screen apps will start populating on top of the full screen app. Amusingly, these apps can be 'dragged' back to a regular (non-full screen) space.

And apps that are "minimized"/"hidden" come up in a window. A mess of clutter! Why isn't the window state saved? Everything should resume in exactly the same position it was left in.

wrthg2000
Aug 10, 2011, 04:39 AM
I too find that moving the mouse no longer wakes the screen. Other problems I've come across are:

Even though I've changed I've changed system preferences to say don't restore my windows, they're still restored every time I log on.

My iDisk settings (sync manually) keep changing when I log in and I keep having to re-download my local version of iDisk.

JPS
Aug 10, 2011, 08:48 AM
The necessity of having to log in each time I open a site (such as FaceBook, Google or even my home page).

talmy
Aug 10, 2011, 09:05 AM
I too find that moving the mouse no longer wakes the screen. Other problems I've come across are:

Even though I've changed I've changed system preferences to say don't restore my windows, they're still restored every time I log on.

You now have to click a mouse button or tap a key on the keyboard. I expect they did this because hitting the desk (such as by putting down a stack of papers) would often cause computers to wake.

That preference setting is completely missing from the documentation. I expect it was a mistake left in from one of the earlier builds and will be missing from 10.7.1. If you really don't want windows to restore, you better leave feedback to Apple!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

The necessity of having to log in each time I open a site (such as FaceBook, Google or even my home page).

Sounds like your browser is blocking cookies. I'm not seeing that problem. Look at the setting in the Privacy tab of Safari preferences.

paulsalter
Aug 10, 2011, 09:13 AM
You now have to click a mouse button or tap a key on the keyboard. I expect they did this because hitting the desk (such as by putting down a stack of papers) would often cause computers to wake.

I agree with what you say, but not really sure of how much of an issue it caused the old way

screen saver on - SL & Lion can wake display up by moving mouse/using trackpad

display sleep - SL woke via mouse, Lion needs a key press (as machine is still running here not sure of the issue with accidentally waking it with mouse movement)

sleep mode - both os require a key press

the new change doesn't bother me, as hitting a key is just as quick (unless you forget and use the mouse), but it seems a strange thing to change

spekulanten
Aug 10, 2011, 11:12 AM
i have a 2008 macbook pro
i installed lion over snow leopard through appstore
i have an mp3 player philips gogear mix
it worked when connected, on snow leopard, like an usb stick, and i could copy music files on it.
now, it dosnt see it in finder, only charges it.

other bugs, i had to restart it about 3rd times, once it stuck and used the 5 seconds power button method, other time it didn't behave well and it didn't recover without restart, once iTunes had no more control buttons, the green orange and red ones and the full size one, and i don't remember..

however, I'm happy with it

mac1984user
Aug 10, 2011, 11:45 AM
Safari has crashed on me a few times. The most persistent issue I have is with the Dashboard. For some reason, if I click anywhere on a widget (either to enter a dictionary word, enter into the exchange rate field or simply move the widget itself), it bounces me back to the desktop. I have to then swipe back into the Dashboard space to continue. If I click on a second widget, I'm back to the desktop again. Interestingly, this doesn't happen if I revert to the old method of using Dashboard, but I prefer having them in a space on the left-hand side. It makes things much more convenient.

archer75
Aug 10, 2011, 12:07 PM
Safari has crashed on me a few times. The most persistent issue I have is with the Dashboard. For some reason, if I click anywhere on a widget (either to enter a dictionary word, enter into the exchange rate field or simply move the widget itself), it bounces me back to the desktop. I have to then swipe back into the Dashboard space to continue. If I click on a second widget, I'm back to the desktop again. Interestingly, this doesn't happen if I revert to the old method of using Dashboard, but I prefer having them in a space on the left-hand side. It makes things much more convenient.

My widgets don't work, period.

Partron22
Aug 10, 2011, 12:46 PM
When I switch Systems to Snow Leopard, and back to Lion, or even Lion to a different vers. of Lion and back, 10.7 seems to enjoy "neatening up" my desktop. Naturally, Apple's sense of order and mine are not identical, so I have to spend time getting all my little icons back where they belong.

zzz99
Aug 10, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I am about to roll back to Snow Leopard with my mba 2011... (I upgraded from 2010 mba), There are so many bugs with the Finder, it couldn't transfer the files under the folder, the only solution is restart the computer.

I just got my mba last Saturday, one more problem/bug, then I will switch it back to Snow Leopard.

RS1999ent
Aug 11, 2011, 12:34 PM
Wanted to report in with one more problem --- this might affect folks with Nvidia 8600 video cards: I've gotten three kernel panics in the last three weeks. The Nvidia graphics driver is in the backtrace of all of them.

talmy
Aug 11, 2011, 12:39 PM
I am about to roll back to Snow Leopard with my mba 2011...

I just got my mba last Saturday, one more problem/bug, then I will switch it back to Snow Leopard.

You will have to switch back to your 2010 mba then as the 2011 is Lion only.

acfusion29
Aug 11, 2011, 12:44 PM
did a clean install and have not experienced any bugs, yet.

will report back if i do.

zzz99
Aug 11, 2011, 07:49 PM
; ; you gotta be kidding...

The most annoying problem is, a lot of the time when it wake up from sleep, then I will have problem to use finder to transfer files...

You will have to switch back to your 2010 mba then as the 2011 is Lion only.

AlphaDogg
Aug 11, 2011, 08:21 PM
This thread is still active? :confused:

hoowansom
Aug 11, 2011, 08:53 PM
disconnects from Wireless Network after sleep. every time. asks for network password upon wake despite settings for remembering the network.
gone back to Snw lprd

GoKyu
Aug 11, 2011, 09:06 PM
The only really obvious bug I've seen so far is that when you switch from one app to another, sometimes the app name in the upper left will still show the previously active app, unless you click on that menu item.

talmy
Aug 11, 2011, 09:09 PM
This thread is still active? :confused:

And it will continue to be until all the bugs are squashed! :)

Frosties
Aug 13, 2011, 11:58 PM
The screensaver "word of the day" is broken in lion and only shows a blank screen.

BAC5.2
Aug 14, 2011, 08:30 AM
Occasionally, when waking the computer, I'll get the default Lion background image rather than my normal one.

When dragging a disc to the trash (for ejection), the popup label says "TRASH" instead of "EJECT"

You can't drag items between desktops without being ON that desktop. So if I have three Camino windows open and go to Mission Control from a different desktop, I have to option+arrow (or cmd+arrow, however you have it set up) to make the Camino desktop my main one, and THEN drag the window over to a new desktop.

A feature that I think should exist, is the ability to treat external monitors separately. I'd love to be able to change desktops on the laptop screen, while leaving the external monitor to have the same screen.

Rune Lau
Aug 14, 2011, 02:59 PM
- The headline is selfexplanatory. *EDIT: It's not the left, it's the RIGHT cmd key.

- Also the sensitivity of my logitech performance mouse's zoom ability has gone haywire. It's way to high, and I don't know how to adjust it. It isn't related to the scroll speed sensitivity, which works perfect.

YourHerojb
Aug 14, 2011, 03:09 PM
Safari's google search bar won't work properly, the drop down menu for auto complete and recent searches won't work at all unless I reset Safari, but it persists a few minutes later.

Now my bluetooth can't be found.
I've tried restarting, holding the power after shutting down, resetting PRAM and resetting SMC.
It was working last night.

Is this a lion bug or is something actually wrong?
Any advice, please.

YourHerojb
Aug 14, 2011, 03:26 PM
Idk what's going on with the restart screen changing to 2-3 shades of gray each time.

an0nymity
Aug 16, 2011, 01:33 AM
Not sure if this is a Lion bug, but when i click on my Skype icon on the top right corner, it opens up my Steam friends list all the time. Anyone experiencing this?

talmy
Aug 16, 2011, 08:27 AM
I found a new bug. There were three desktop icons for the same server share on the desktop. For some reason it doesn't always see the share is open and connects again. It doesn't do it for all shares, just one of them!

repete7
Aug 16, 2011, 08:39 AM

Me, too. I can live with the waking problem, but the restore problem is driving me batty.

WytRaven
Aug 16, 2011, 08:40 AM
Most frequent bug I have seen is perma-icons during drop part of drag'n'drop function in finder.

Basically when you drop the file you were dragging it's icon remains stuck always on top of everything else until such time as you log off. Also the file doesn't appear in the target finder window. The drop actually did work as can be seen be closing the finder window and re-opening to the target location.

Sine upgrading I have had this occur 4 times.

spikejp
Aug 22, 2011, 10:35 PM
I have a late 2010 Mac Pro which came with SnowLeopard pre-installed, I purchased a Pioneer Internal Blue Ray Disk burner, which initially worked fine on SL. However I noticed after sleep I was not able to access the drive, a system restart was required. After viewing the topics on MacRumors Forums I was pointed down the direction of diabling the "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" option in the Energy saver system preferences. When I did that my BD worked fine.

Last month I upgrade to Lion, and now I have the same problem, but this time I have disabled the "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" and equally set the "Computer Sleep" to "Never" and only have set "Display Sleep" at 30mins.

It would appear that either the screen saver or the display sleep is doing something more than before which is impacting on the internal devices of the machine itself.

Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

P.S.
Update, after switching off the display sleep and just using the screen saver, there appears to be a switch in the code that is triggered after a period of time so that you need to click your mouse or keyboard to resume . Once that happens the BD drive is no longer recognized.

dackman
Aug 25, 2011, 09:52 AM
If I close a window and then reopen it, just in the Finder, it will invariably open in a different place with all the icons rearranged and any background image removed. Attributes such as sort by name etc. are all wiped out as well. This is making it impossible to keep my Mac tidy as I like to have certain windows open in certain places on the screen. The 10.7.1 update did not help. I've also got the font bug in Safari where certain fonts appear as boxed A's. My solution - use Chrome.

lukei4655
Aug 25, 2011, 12:04 PM
Prior to the Update (and still a problem) my system notices display in German and English even though German is my 7th language in priority.

After the Update in Mission Control when I have more than 2 apps open in a desktop they organize themselves so that they cover over my other desktops and fullscreen apps making it impossible to select them.

BrendanRiley
Aug 26, 2011, 08:00 AM
Hi

One thing i have noticed in OSX Lion, is the inability to search andy connected server drives from the finder window. When you type in a phrase of the file you are looking for and point it to the right direction it just does nothing.
I have tested this on multiple machines running OSX LION.

It does search your mac and all the drives directly connected to it though.

I did manage to find a very cool workaround in the form of an app called: Easy Find.

I hope this is just a bug and they fix it soon.

ljonesj
Aug 26, 2011, 08:35 AM
The bug i found which is already known is on my macbook pro is that i had a external hd Formatted to fat 32 to be recognized by a variety of computers in my house if i ever unplugged it. Ok now back the bug i had the hd shared went to my mac mini and it showed it being shared but when i clicked it said oh i don't know were this is. So i formatted the drive in the macs filesystem on my laptop and the mac mini said OK its there and i will use it.

talmy
Aug 26, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hi

One thing i have noticed in OSX Lion, is the inability to search andy connected server drives from the finder window. When you type in a phrase of the file you are looking for and point it to the right direction it just does nothing.
I have tested this on multiple machines running OSX LION.

Your system might have a bug. It works here. Part of the server (Snow Leopard Server) configuration is to make the drive spotlight searchable. I believe the server itself indexes the shares because searching is much faster than it would be examining every file over the network. If you have Lion Server or something else, well all bets are off as I don't know how they handle Spotlight searching.

theanimaster
Aug 31, 2011, 01:05 PM
SAFARI:
Sometimes a window will get "stuck" -- links become totally unresponsive, leaving you to close the window and then choose undo to re-open the window to resume functionality.

MISSION CONTROL TOTALLY CRASHES in MAIL -- when you view attachments in full-screen mode and then try to execute a mission control gesture. Quitting Mail solves the problem.

MESSED UP SPACES:
Apps with multiple windows in fullscreen jump to the finder when you close a window. You'd think it'd go to the next window that's open (of the app)!!?

Sometimes apps don't appear in the right screen/space.

On three occasions I got a blank, grey-linen desktop -- nothing else. Have to quite everything or re-login to fix.

TekNullOG
Aug 31, 2011, 02:41 PM
Since I upgraded to Lion, apps continuously get "unselected" or "backgrounded".

I will be typing and suddenly the window is unselected and I am typing into nothing. (has already happened once since I started this message) So I need to reselect the window to keep typing. (2nd time, now since start of message)

It is not a matter of accidentally touching the mouse pad because you need to physically click it to select things.

To test things out, I run 1 application at a time to see if there is one in particular causing this but it happens to all! (Safari, Chrome, Word, Skype, etc.)... Oh, it just happen for the 3rd time.

It is annoying because it prevents me from running apps in full screen since. (4th time) Apps exit full screen automatically when this happens. (5th time)

***this is described in this topic. If you can help, please answer this topic:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1221860

Michaelgtrusa
Aug 31, 2011, 04:54 PM
Web content is a mess.

gbrozak
Oct 18, 2011, 01:32 AM
I've been having an issue with iPhoto. Have 9.2 installed; but it hard crashes (immediately) upon launch.

I saw the posting about 3ivx being incompatible (and needing removed). Did a search, and it's not present on my computer.

Tried turning off PhotoStream. Still no luck.

I'd appreciate any ideas. I can't access any of my images; so it's pretty maddening.

I'm attaching the results of the crash log below.

Process: iPhoto [91293]
Path: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
Identifier: com.apple.iPhoto
Version: 9.2 (9.2)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [154]

Date/Time: 2011-10-18 01:31:23.057 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 375317 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 1717
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 9
Anonymous UUID: CF570BFA-713D-4C28-BAE4-2EAEAA5B4D3F

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/Geode.framework/Versions/A/Geode
Referenced from: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
0x1000 - 0xf16fe3 com.apple.iPhoto (9.2 - 9.2) <A789DC32-DE2A-3A4B-9841-1CF1B6B71CEF> /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
0x107f000 - 0x115ffe7 org.python.python (2.6.7 - 2.6.7) <61DBA92A-C39A-3A52-86F2-59CF9D310CB4> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python
0x8fe56000 - 0x8fe889c7 dyld (195.5 - ???) <134323A7-49DC-3A9D-ACFD-32FAD0FD6BA2> /usr/lib/dyld

Model: MacBookPro5,3, BootROM MBP53.00AC.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.66 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 1.48f2
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, PCIe, 256 MB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, PCI, 256 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1333 MHz, 0x029E, 0x434D534F344758334D314131333333433920
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1333 MHz, 0x029E, 0x434D534F344758334D314131333333433920
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x8D), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.100.98.75.18)
Bluetooth: Version 4.0.1f4, 2 service, 18 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Ethernet, Ethernet, en0
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
Serial ATA Device: Hitachi HTS545032B9SA02, 320.07 GB
Serial ATA Device: MATSHITADVD-R UJ-868
USB Device: Internal Memory Card Reader, apple_vendor_id, 0x8403, 0x26500000 / 2
USB Device: Built-in iSight, apple_vendor_id, 0x8507, 0x24400000 / 2
USB Device: BRCM2046 Hub, 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.), 0x4500, 0x06100000 / 2
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, apple_vendor_id, 0x8213, 0x06110000 / 4
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, apple_vendor_id, 0x0236, 0x04600000 / 3
USB Device: IR Receiver, apple_vendor_id, 0x8242, 0x04500000 / 2