PDA

View Full Version : My Bugs with Lion (So Far...)

MaestroBLC
Mar 1, 2011, 05:40 PM
So far I have a an amazing experience with the Developer Preview of OS X 10.7 Lion. Everything has been easier to access, snappier, simpler, and most of all, much more attractive. Despite all the wonderful things I can say about it, there are a few bugs so far.

When going into full screen with a Flash player (ex. YouTube) the menu bar and dock still show.
When quitting a full screen app with CMD+Q the menu bar is missing until I relaunch Finder.
Safari sometimes will not allow me to type into text fields. The cursor is blinking, indicating that the field is selected, but no text shows up when I type.
Extremely slow boot up times when I have Snow Leopard and Lion on different partitions (no longer a problem as Lion is my primary OS now)
Scroll Bars will sometimes not appear when scrolling, and when I try to click and drag them down, whatever app I am in will occasionally crash.
Echofon will not boot up, and it was deleted when I upgraded.
Windows will shift position upon booting up after the system has been shut down (ex. Safari is centered in the middle of my screen, and it will be really tiny when I boot back up)
Launchpad will crash upon changing the name of a folder occasionally.
Finder will not always load the icons for favorites (ex. not showing Downloads icon for Downloads favorite"

These are just a few problems I've had so far, but more will be posted here if I experience more issues.

AlphaDogg
Mar 1, 2011, 06:03 PM
I posted a thread about Lion bugs literally 2 minutes before you posted this thread. :eek:

MaestroBLC
Mar 1, 2011, 06:16 PM
Sorry. Didn't see that.

antmarobel
Mar 1, 2011, 06:58 PM
Please verify something on your bluetooth>mouse...does it show the correct information about the battery charge?...Mine is not on bold and is always on 100% and I'm using the batteries for more than 6 days now...

MattInOz
Mar 1, 2011, 07:26 PM
Doesn't listing bug here defeat the purpose of early access....
I mean you list a bug here everyone assumes you've told Apple and when they hit the same bug, they don't tell Apple.
Which is bad enough because they may report in a way that holds the clue to why it happens. Let alone a situation where you list it here and then don't report it at all.

;-) Couple of years on a 3rd Party Beta program, these things get drilled in to you.

astroot
Mar 4, 2011, 08:26 AM
Please verify something on your bluetooth>mouse...does it show the correct information about the battery charge?...Mine is not on bold and is always on 100% and I'm using the batteries for more than 6 days now...

I noticed mine said 100% as well, and I know that is not the case.

Certde
Mar 25, 2011, 10:41 AM
I noticed mine said 100% as well, and I know that is not the case.

Mine too. I know it's definitely not 100% because I have used these same batteries in my Xbox controller. Also, I've noticed that when I'm using my Magic Mouse, Lion will randomly activate Dashboard. This is extremely frustrating, and I'd really like for it to be fixed.

talmy
Mar 25, 2011, 12:14 PM
Doesn't listing bug here defeat the purpose of early access....

Not only is it doing a disservice to Apple by not reporting the bugs to them, discussing bugs here is certainly a violation of the confidentiality agreement.

HEB
Mar 25, 2011, 03:37 PM
Not only is it doing a disservice to Apple by not reporting the bugs to them, discussing bugs here is certainly a violation of the confidentiality agreement.

...But also a way to discuss mac products, releases, betas and such. That is essentially the reason why macrumors was made in the first place. so stop complaining.

talmy
Mar 25, 2011, 04:41 PM
...But also a way to discuss mac products, releases, betas and such. That is essentially the reason why macrumors was made in the first place. so stop complaining.

Discussing bugs in pre-release code tells you nothing about features of the released product. It's not beneficial information to anyone but Apple and other developers (for which there is a developer forum).

Not so much of a complaint but a warning: It's just the sort of thing that could result in a nasty letter (or worse) from Apple.

Branskins
Apr 1, 2011, 01:36 PM
Discussing bugs in pre-release code tells you nothing about features of the released product. It's not beneficial information to anyone but Apple and other developers (for which there is a developer forum).

Not so much of a complaint but a warning: It's just the sort of thing that could result in a nasty letter (or worse) from Apple.

Maybe someone who can report bugs will report them for us? If anything it seems like more hands on the developer preview can actually help Apple