PDA

View Full Version : Device Management: Remote Wipe and Lock IOS and 10.7 devices

sux2beyou
Mar 1, 2011, 10:33 PM
Haven't seen a post on the Device Management feature yet. This is an awesome server based feature for the enterprise.

Here are some screens of what the user will see when enrolling their device.

sending a lock command will make it so the next time the computer is on the internet (if it's able to ping your management server) it will restart the computer and be stuck waiting for a passcode. I haven't tried a remote wipe yet.

Note: sending a lock command to an iPhone will lock the screen with the existing password. It doesn't look like there is a way to send a new password to the device.

sux2beyou
Mar 1, 2011, 10:44 PM
Here are some screen shots of the admin profile manager.

shadyMedia
Mar 4, 2011, 10:51 AM
Haven't seen a post on the Device Management feature yet. This is an awesome server based feature for the enterprise.

Here are some screens of what the user will see when enrolling their device.

sending a lock command will make it so the next time the computer is on the internet (if it's able to ping your management server) it will restart the computer and be stuck waiting for a passcode. I haven't tried a remote wipe yet.

Note: sending a lock command to an iPhone will lock the screen with the existing password. It doesn't look like there is a way to send a new password to the device.

I have been having so many issue's trying to get this to work! Page error's after I save setting's devices installing the profiles but not locking it's driving me crazy!

crazzyeddie
Mar 5, 2011, 07:11 PM
Please post more screenshots. This is definitely very interesting for us IT managers!

Does it require clients to be running 10.7?

CAJensen01
Mar 8, 2011, 12:13 PM
I'd love to know some more info on this too. How to devices enroll in profile manager/or how do you add devices to it?

Thanks

sux2beyou
Mar 8, 2011, 08:26 PM
I'd love to know some more info on this too. How to devices enroll in profile manager/or how do you add devices to it?

Thanks

lion can import .mobileconfig files (like those created in the iphone configuration utility) profiles will show up in system preferences -> profiles.

It appears that the primary method to add devices to it is to go to http://server/profiles on the device. This will cause a user login screen, and after authenticating the user can click the 'enable remote management' button. I think it would also work if these profiles were emailed, although I haven't tested that.

It looks like it is only working with 10.7 and IOS 4

There is also a way to create placeholder devices and enter serial numbers or IMEI numbers.

CentraStage
May 14, 2012, 03:25 AM
I'm sorry for asking, but is it the only tool to manage devices? i mean, cannot there be made some integration with other tools? I'm primarilly interested in integration with this (http://www.centrastage.com/) service