PDA

View Full Version : New wave of "How do you..."

^^ CoolMacLover
Mar 1, 2011, 11:53 PM
So with each new release, there are fresh waves of "How do you..." threads.
What are the threads do you think are going to come up over and over again?

- How do you turn on the lights?

GO!

Steve Ballmer
Mar 2, 2011, 12:01 AM
Threads like these.

baryon
Mar 2, 2011, 04:11 AM
So, wait, this is a thread about what other threads we think there will be?

Michaelgtrusa
Mar 2, 2011, 04:51 AM
?

Patrick J
Mar 2, 2011, 07:02 AM
How do you stop threads like these?

cocky jeremy
Mar 2, 2011, 03:41 PM
Is this groundhog day? :p

frunkis54
Mar 2, 2011, 04:14 PM
Is this groundhog day? :p

phil? phil Conners?

^^ CoolMacLover
Mar 4, 2011, 01:17 AM
-.- Ok so maybe i didnt make this clear..

There are always the same questions about things to do with Mac.

Because Lion is new, and will be slightly different. There is bounded to be the same threads come up over and over again about the same topic, such as how to turn the indicator lights on in the dock.
Your meant to think of some others.

Cougarcat
Mar 4, 2011, 02:58 AM
Where is the "all windows" expose function? Can I rename a space? Why does the new spaces suck? Can I revert back to the old spaces? Where is my disk space going and how do I fix it? How do I perform X gesture? How do I fix the reverse scrolling? Can I cut and paste files? Can I install it on my Core duo? How do I delete apps from Launchpad? Why is my wireless acting funny? How do I revert back to SL? Why doesn't Lion install on my 2011 MBP? Does Lion have Trim support? Can I bring back the old scrollbars? Why isn't AirDrop working? How do I remove Launchpad from the dock? How does application persistence work? The new autosave scares me; what if I don't want it to save?? How do I save as? Can I increase the increments versions autosaves? Does versions use a lot of disk space? Why is Lion taking up a lot of Ram? How do I install OS X Server? Can I revert Dashboard to the old behavior? Where is front row? How much will Lion cost? Will it be free if I buy a mac before it comes out? Should I buy a developer account to test it, should I pirate it, or should I wait? I am experiencing X bug; anyone else, and is there a fix? How often will Apple release updates for the preview? How will the updates be distributed? How do I install Lion? Should I install it on a primary, or an external? How do I make a partition for an install? How do I switch between installs? Is Lion stable enough to use regularly? Which apps don't work?

I think that's everything. Happy now?

Edit: I think you meant, questions that will arise after Lion comes out, not questions that are arising now, so a few of those obviously wouldn't apply.

xUKHCx
Mar 4, 2011, 04:59 AM
Should I install 10.7.0 or wait until 10.7.1.

Then should I install 10.7.1 or wait until 10.7.2

Then should I install 10.7.2 or wait until 10.7.3

simsaladimbamba
Mar 4, 2011, 05:03 AM
When will 10.8 come out and what will it be called and will it run on my 2012 xMac?

richard.mac
Mar 4, 2011, 05:34 AM
Should I install 10.7.0 or wait until 10.7.1.

Then should I install 10.7.1 or wait until 10.7.2

Then should I install 10.7.2 or wait until 10.7.3

** fast forwards to 10.7.9 **… will the next version of Lion be 10.7.9.0 or 10.8.0? :D

the thing i am more annoyed about is newbies who have never installed OS X downloading Lion and installing it over Snow Leopard and then asking how to get back :rolleyes:

Thunderbird
Mar 4, 2011, 10:44 AM
phil? phil Conners?

Ned? Ned Rhyerson? Are you still selling insurance?