Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

115755-march_2nd_event_ybca.jpg

Apple today is holding a media event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, where it is widely expected to introduce the next-generation iPad. The event is scheduled to kick off at 10:00 AM Pacific Time / 1:00 PM Eastern Time, or just about an hour from now.

There is still no word on whether Apple will be providing live video as it has for the last several media events, so users should check Apple's site in the lead-up to the event to watch for coverage possibilities. Regardless of Apple's own live coverage plans, a number of news sites will be on hand to provide text and photo updates, and we're including links to several of them here. We will also be updating this article with coverage as the media event unfolds and issuing Twitter updates through our @MacRumorsLive account. Separate news stories regarding the event announcements will go out through our @MacRumors account.

- Engadget
- Ars Technica
- Macworld
- CNET
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Loop

Apple's online stores around the world are currently down in advance of the event.

Recent News and Rumors

- 'The Da Vinci Code' and Other Random House Titles Appearing in iBookstore
-

Article Link: Live Coverage of Apple's 'Come See What 2011 Will Be the Year Of' Event

lilj4425

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2007
Maybe they will create a new device that will cure world peace and give me the next winning lottery numbers. :rolleyes: Oh and buy me a Ferrari too. :D

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
It's really sad. I get SUPER, SUPER hyped up before events like this, and I'm not even in the market for an iPad. lol!

andymodem

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Coworker called Apple's Media Info line and asked if there was going to be a live stream. Person on the other end said there would be no live stream today. Take it with a grain of salt though, the media department may not truly know.

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Awesome!!!

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
I'm ready to see what this will be the year of. :)

Was so tempted to watch the action from the parking lot of my local Apple retail store. But since there have been no rumors of mysterious deliveries to Apple stores, that would be silly.

But I might keep the motor running, just in case...

shervieux

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2010
It is rumored this will be about ipads - but I hope here are some of the other announcements:

1. Quietly update imac for Sandy bridge and thunderbolt.
2. iWork 11 Finally?
3. If Mobile Me is getting an overhaul - hopefully free with only paid option is the web hosting, and they keep supporting / updating iweb. I could care less about iDVD anymore. Started getting a way to many multi-plexing errors. I am now using the DVD portion of TOAST 10 Titanium.
4. Maybe a some news about the mac app store and letting in big companies like adobe, microsoft. I need to be able to pick and choose the products to buy. Bundles are becoming so passe for my needs.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
115755-march_2nd_event_ybca.jpg

If this isn't implying Retina display, then what is it suggesting!!?? :eek:

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Only 50 minutes left to create some crazy high expectation rumors on what the iPad 2 will have.

My guess is that is will have a quad core 3.0 GHz processor, a 20" 3D screen with double retina display, weigh only 1 ounce, have 1 terrabyte storage, 5G, iOS 5.9, support 3D printing, and can fold up and be put into your shirt pocket.

Next?

Tony

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.