PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2: Leawood KS

Ikyo
Mar 2, 2011, 01:19 PM
Anyone planning on heading up there on the 11th?

cfairbank
Mar 3, 2011, 08:58 AM
Thinking about it. Been holding out on getting the iPad and I am ready to pull the trigger and pick one up.

Ikyo
Mar 3, 2011, 08:59 AM
I am thinking about it, but not sure how early to get there to wait in line.

cfairbank
Mar 10, 2011, 02:22 PM
Anyone going to wait in line tomorrow? Thinking I might head over to the store early in the afternoon to see. Probably could walk into a target or walmart and pick one up but more fun at the apple store. Who else is goin?

Ikyo
Mar 10, 2011, 10:21 PM
I might head over. Let me know how the line is later in the day. I wonder when Walmart are going to sell theirs.

macduke
Mar 11, 2011, 12:38 AM
I was there last year, but sadly not this year. I'm probably going to have to hold out until iPad 3 and the retina display. Although if I can about $500 for my 32GB Wifi and my loads of accessories, I might pickup a 16GB model. But it won't be tomorrow (unless someone on Craigslist pulls the trigger soon!)

Ikyo
Mar 11, 2011, 06:46 AM
Yeah, craigslist is up and down. I am selling some of my camera equipment on there and get a ton of emails, but a lot of them are really low offers. I don't mind them, but I laugh when people get upset when I say no.

yaddam205
Mar 11, 2011, 09:55 AM
Is there anyone in line there yet?

I'm hoping to be down there by 3 at the latest.

cfairbank
Mar 11, 2011, 12:54 PM
Just arrived and by best guess there are around 75 people so far. I am sure there is plenty and waiting here is pretty silly but nothing else goin on today so what the hell. Least I have a good chance of getting something I want rather than having to up or downgrade my choice. T-minus 4 hours.

Hberg
Mar 11, 2011, 01:33 PM
Just arrived and by best guess there are around 75 people so far. I am sure there is plenty and waiting here is pretty silly but nothing else goin on today so what the hell. Least I have a good chance of getting something I want rather than having to up or downgrade my choice. T-minus 4 hours.

Geez! Around 75 people already. Are you serious?

I want the Black 64G Wifi AT&T model. So there is no up or down choice in my book.

cfairbank
Mar 11, 2011, 02:04 PM
Line Update: since being here the line has almost doubled. Looking like 125 people or a few more.

cfairbank
Mar 11, 2011, 02:37 PM
Line Update: Apparently my number are off or my eyes deceive me. Apple rep did a count and said there were 89. See pic.

Hberg
Mar 11, 2011, 10:36 PM
Line Update: Apparently my number are off or my eyes deceive me. Apple rep did a count and said there were 89. See pic.

I drove by the Leawood Apple Store, but opted for BestBuy at 119th & Metcalf. I was number 19 in line and got exactly what I wanted. White 64 GB WiFi 3G AT&T.

I may go by the Apple Store and try to get a Red Leather Cover.

cfairbank
Mar 11, 2011, 10:44 PM
Ended up getting what I wanted, 32gb black wifi. Was around 35 to 40 in line. Once the doors opened I was in and out by 5:30. Granted I could have gone to best buy or target to get but I actually like buying at apple store. Guess it's the experience and the people.

yaddam205
Mar 11, 2011, 11:30 PM
I also got what I wanted; 32gb White on Verizon.
I was about 80 something in line and was out of the store by 5:55. I'm impressed who quickly the sales were handled.

Love my 1st iPad and the smart cover is sweet!

Hberg
Mar 12, 2011, 07:35 AM
I definitely like purchasing from the Apple Store, but I didn't know what to expect with that line.

It sounds like there are a number of happy people in getting what they wanted.

Enjoy!