PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 Launch at The Gateway, Salt Lake City, Utah

benhollberg
Mar 2, 2011, 01:23 PM
The iPad 2 will launch March 11, whose going to wait at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City, Utah?

kewlguy781
Mar 2, 2011, 04:45 PM
count me in.

I heard they may will do reservation system like they did with iphone. not sure if its true or not.

am very curious if we have to do overnight, or just come in the morning and wait.

benhollberg
Mar 2, 2011, 06:51 PM
I heard they may will do reservation system like they did with iphone. not sure if its true or not.

am very curious if we have to do overnight, or just come in the morning and wait.

I'm sure they'll to reservations, just like the original iPad.

For some reason Apple Retail Stores will not sell an iPad 2 until 5:00 PM on March 11. So people may not stay the night, however that was always half the fun.

benhollberg
Mar 7, 2011, 12:16 AM
It looks like Apple may not be doing pre-orders or reservations this time which makes me think I'll have to go Thursday night. Anyone else planning on staying over Thursday night or going really early Friday morning?

LincolnC
Mar 7, 2011, 09:14 AM
I guess when you line up might depend on what model you want. Example; 16GB wifi will go out fast but they probably have more in stock..

I don't need one friday, but I'm wondering if friday night or saturday morning they'll still have a 16GB Verizon model and how long the wait would be to get in and purchase one.

Has anyone called the store to ask details of the launch?

benhollberg
Mar 7, 2011, 09:20 AM
I don't need one friday, but I'm wondering if friday night or saturday morning they'll still have a 16GB Verizon model and how long the wait would be to get in and purchase one.

I highly doubt there will be any line on Saturday. But I also think that the 3G models are not as big as seller as the WiFi model so you might be good. I hope they have a good stock. I'll probably go down to the store sometime this week and talk to them about it.

nomar383
Mar 7, 2011, 05:28 PM
I'll be there as well! But not until about 5 or 6PM since I'm driving down from Idaho.

For those that get there early, keep us updated on the lines and stock!

benhollberg
Mar 7, 2011, 05:37 PM
I'll be there as well! But not until about 5 or 6PM since I'm driving down from Idaho.

For those that get there early, keep us updated on the lines and stock!

You mean you'll be there at those times Friday or Thursday?

nomar383
Mar 7, 2011, 05:43 PM
You mean you'll be there at those times Friday or Thursday?

Friday :) I'm not sure I'd be willing to wait overnight haha

alfmoonspace
Mar 7, 2011, 06:06 PM
I can meet up friday morning, pretty sure there will not be a line for ipad 2 overnight here.

benhollberg
Mar 7, 2011, 07:29 PM
I can meet up friday morning, pretty sure there will not be a line for ipad 2 overnight here.

I plan on at least checking in the night. I am going to go to the Apple Store and ask a bunch of questions about the iPad 2 that I hope they will answer. I'll be there Friday morning no matter what. Even in the night I may just sleep in my car if there is no line. I don't want to be first, I like second. Last year the two guys in front of me had the media on them for a long time, I don't think I would like that.

alfmoonspace
Mar 7, 2011, 09:06 PM
I might actually go to the 2100 best buy because of points and I can put it on my card. Hopefully they will have it in white! I don't think I can camp out, so I will be there in the morning to see how the line goes.

benhollberg
Mar 7, 2011, 10:48 PM
I might actually go to the 2100 best buy because of points and I can put it on my card. Hopefully they will have it in white! I don't think I can camp out, so I will be there in the morning to see how the line goes.

I wonder if other retailers like Best Buy or Wal-Mart will start selling them early or at normal time instead of 5:00 PM?

alfmoonspace
Mar 8, 2011, 03:56 PM
All stores will sell the ipad 2 at 5PM local time.

benhollberg
Mar 8, 2011, 07:42 PM
All stores will sell the ipad 2 at 5PM local time.

Good to know, thanks.

LincolnC
Mar 9, 2011, 08:34 AM
Anyone going on Friday intend to tweet the line size and such? That'll help me determine if I head down Friday night or Saturday :)

nomar383
Mar 9, 2011, 09:10 AM
Anyone going on Friday intend to tweet the line size and such? That'll help me determine if I head down Friday night or Saturday :)

You think they will restock on Saturday?

LincolnC
Mar 9, 2011, 09:13 AM
I guess a better question is if they'll run out on Friday. I've heard a lot of stores get shipments on Friday. On the other hand, maybe an explanation for the 5PM release is show shipments get there in time and they don't restock over night.

Tough question lol.

I can head down there at 1 but its possible I'll have a class assignment in the afternoon till around 5, then an hour drive to SLC wouldn't put me there till 6.

benhollberg
Mar 9, 2011, 09:18 AM

I can post on Twitter as well as this page about the line and such. I plan to go to the store Thursday night around 8:00 PM. If there is no line I'll hang until closing time and if there is no line then I'll show up early in the morning, maybe 4 or 4:15.

You think they will restock on Saturday?

I bet they get multiple shipments Friday and Saturday. Their big problem last year was not enough stock, I don't think they will make the same mistake.

benhollberg
Mar 10, 2011, 07:59 AM
Anyone planning on going to the Apple Store tonight? Anyone know if there is a line yet?

kewlguy781
Mar 10, 2011, 05:43 PM
i could drive by tonight. I am planning on get into the line by 3 pm tomorrow. I dont know if there are "public ading" because we dont see any TV or news (like ksl.com) on it.

ken1964
Mar 10, 2011, 05:54 PM
Anyone planning on going to the Apple Store tonight? Anyone know if there is a line yet?

I'm Thinking about it, but more so tomorrow in the AM, I live in Brigham so its not to far and i at least want to Stand in Line "SIT" one time in my life, But at 47 years old and being partially disabled, overnight might be a bit to much.:)

But for sure in the Morning, So maybe we can meet up.:apple:

ken1964
Mar 10, 2011, 06:02 PM
i could drive by tonight. I am planning on get into the line by 3 pm tomorrow. I dont know if there are "public ading" because we dont see any TV or news (like ksl.com) on it.

I Saw you just posted, I am in Brigham and am looking at around 9:30am or so after we drop my daughter off at school, She is a senior and wanted to also take the day off but then decided she didn't want to wait that long in line. No Patients like dad I guess.

I will have my wife drop me off and she can spend the day at the library while i enjoy my "Apple Line" Experience.

benhollberg
Mar 10, 2011, 06:02 PM
I called about two hours ago and they said no line yet. I plan on going down about 8 to wait in line overnight. Someone should meet me.

ken1964
Mar 10, 2011, 06:26 PM
I called about two hours ago and they said no line yet. I plan on going down about 8 to wait in line overnight. Someone should meet me.

How is the setup down at Gateway, I have ben at the store only once since I purchase online all the time for all my Apple Items, My Mac Pro and Mac Mini's I got through Apple Directly.

But Is there a Place to setup a Meg-shift Camp so we don't have problems with the Law?

Cause if there is, I will consider it, since I am about 45min Away.

Ken

alfmoonspace
Mar 10, 2011, 06:30 PM
I will be over at the Best Buy in SLC. Plan on getting there before 10AM. I might post some pics to show you some updates. Good luck at gateway! :apple:

benhollberg
Mar 10, 2011, 06:34 PM
How is the setup down at Gateway, I have ben at the store only once since I purchase online all the time for all my Apple Items, My Mac Pro and Mac Mini's I got through Apple Directly.

But Is there a Place to setup a Meg-shift Camp so we don't have problems with the Law?

Cause if there is, I will consider it, since I am about 45min Away.

Ken

It is real easy, the sidewalk along the road behind the Apple Store (west side of the Gateway) you can stay there all night. I have for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 and iPad. I always bring a chair and food and stuff and a extension cord for power. Sometimes people bring a projector for movies on the wall but I don't know if they are coming in the night again.

It is actually quite fun. I have nothing wrong with staying the night.

kewlguy781
Mar 10, 2011, 06:38 PM
It is real easy, the sidewalk along the road behind the Apple Store (west side of the Gateway) you can stay there all night. I have for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 and iPad. I always bring a chair and food and stuff and a extension cord for power. Sometimes people bring a projector for movies on the wall but I don't know if they are coming in the night again.

I would love to do that, but I have to work tomorrow :( Maybe i ll just stop by and chill, i dont know.

Disclaimer: im hearing impaired haha.

ken1964
Mar 10, 2011, 06:57 PM

Talking this over with the wife, it will be about a 21hr. wait, and i need to consider if my Back will hold out that long, But what makes it fun is being with everyone else that has the same interests.

Ben is their Any problems with catching some shuteye and other "Spectators" that are not in the Apple line leaving you alone? And what about the Dreaded "Restroom" Facility's being available if needed?

Sorry for asking so many questions, just have to get all the info i can, Im not to young anymore, But this is something I would like to do.

I have a 3 part tent "1 Large Middle and 2 small separate tents linked by a tunnel for privacy" It can be used for up to 12 people "Mini Condo Type" i would be willing to bring that and even share with other folks waiting also.

benhollberg
Mar 10, 2011, 07:02 PM
I would love to do that, but I have to work tomorrow :( Maybe i ll just stop by and chill, i dont know.

Disclaimer: im hearing impaired haha.

You should just stop by, what time do you think?

Talking this over with the wife, it will be about a 21hr. wait, and i need to consider if my Back will hold out that long, But what makes it fun is being with everyone else that has the same interests.

Ben is their Any problems with catching some shuteye and other "Spectators" that are not in the Apple line leaving you alone? And what about the Dreaded "Restroom" Facility's being available if needed?

Sorry for asking so many questions, just have to get all the info i can, Im not to young anymore, But this is something I would like to do.

I have a 3 part tent "1 Large Middle and 2 small separate tents linked by a tunnel for privacy" It can be used for up to 12 people "Mini Condo Type" i would be willing to bring that and even share with other folks waiting also.

No problem with legitimate questions, I have seen people bring tents before but I never have because I just sit in a chair or talk with others. Actually a lot of tents before I have seen. Because of the late launch I bet more people bring tents just for the day as well.

As for other people problems, not really. They alone time I had a problem was during the iPhone 4 launch when a bunch of people drove by and taunted everyone because they pre-ordered and got it in the mail earlier.

Restrooms, the ones in the mall are usually locked but not every time. Two options I have done before, the Hyatt hotel to the north is open to the public until midnight, I think, but I have gone there. Then the Radison hotel, which kinda far, is always open and I have gone there as well.

kewlguy781
Mar 10, 2011, 07:08 PM
You should just stop by, what time do you think?

9ish. i need to finish my laundry. I will let you know. i ll watch your twitter. my twitter is same username here.

benhollberg
Mar 10, 2011, 07:11 PM
Hopefully it doesn't rain.

9ish. i need to finish my laundry. I will let you know. i ll watch your twitter. my twitter is same username here.

Cool, I'll update soon. Probably leaving in 20 minutes for Walmart to buy some supplies then off to the Apple store.

benhollberg
Mar 10, 2011, 07:14 PM
I have a 4G WiFi hotspot that I could share the password with a few people.

ken1964
Mar 10, 2011, 07:18 PM
Hopefully it doesn't rain.

Cool, I'll update soon. Probably leaving in 20 minutes for Walmart to buy some supplies then off to the Apple store.

Yea, it is really Windy in Brigham City now and the Weather report says 70% Precipitation and a chance of Snow tonight with freezing temps.

This is going to play into the "Tonight or Tomorrow" showing up. It's so difficult to decide, Need to bring a Portable heater if I do. :confused:

benhollberg
Mar 10, 2011, 07:27 PM

Since it may rain your tent would be amazing. I have just a big umbrella.

ken1964
Mar 10, 2011, 07:39 PM
Since it may rain your tent would be amazing. I have just a big umbrella.

Still trying to decide, But i just followed you on Twitter so we can communicate so we don't lose touch when you go shopping, If i decide to come down with the tent and all save us a section so we can set this thing up, i hope we don't piss folks off if i come in with this tent and push them back a little.

But since we are in planning this, maybe you can tell anyone that comes in after you that your waiting for a friend with his tent.

But most Apple Users in my experience don't get pissed off like other types of folks.

Lets keep in touch, I will tweet you and let you know.

Ken

wallib
Mar 10, 2011, 08:33 PM
I've never been to an Apple launch day before and have no idea of when I should get there. I'd like to wait in line but still have to work tomorrow morning. When is a good time to start waiting?

ken1964
Mar 10, 2011, 08:37 PM
I've never been to an Apple launch day before and have no idea of when I should get there. I'd like to wait in line but still have to work tomorrow morning. When is a good time to start waiting?

I am Meeting Ben Now to pitch a tent, He said 3 People in line at this time, So as soon as you can.

Ken

benhollberg
Mar 10, 2011, 11:16 PM
Apple brought us Apple branded beanies and coffee mugs, now Little Ceasars pizza and Crazy Bread!

kewlguy781
Mar 10, 2011, 11:21 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

And they are delicious :)

kewlguy781
Mar 10, 2011, 11:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

They are changing the store display. Oh how exciting!

arn
Mar 11, 2011, 12:29 AM
ben sent me this image, figured I'd post it here, since I don't think he can from his iphone.

macduke
Mar 11, 2011, 12:32 AM
ben sent me this image, figured I'd post it here, since I don't think he can from his iphone.

That's why we need a MacRumors app!

I'm a little sad that I won't be lining up this year. I've lined up for the iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPad, and iPhone 4. But not the iPad 2 :(

mikee99
Mar 11, 2011, 12:32 AM
Cool, so how many of you are there? I am trying to get there about 12 or 1 tomorrow. Looks fun:)

SchneiderMan
Mar 11, 2011, 12:35 AM
Ohhhhh goooodddd. Why can't you guys stay at home while I smoothly walk in and out with my iPad 2? :mad: :D

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 12:41 AM
Over 20 people. I'll get a number soon.

LincolnC
Mar 11, 2011, 01:18 AM
Wow now I'm wondering if it's even worth showing up at 1 or if it'll be too packed :confused:

mikee99
Mar 11, 2011, 02:11 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok thanks. Would have come up tonight but my doc didn't think it would be very good for my health. So hope I can get a decent place in line.

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 02:27 AM
Wow now I'm wondering if it's even worth showing up at 1 or if it'll be too packed :confused:
Ok thanks. Would have come up tonight but my doc didn't think it would be very good for my health. So hope I can get a decent place in line.

We will keep you all up to date.

zacheryjensen
Mar 11, 2011, 02:56 AM
As for other people problems, not really. They alone time I had a problem was during the iPhone 4 launch when a bunch of people drove by and taunted everyone because they pre-ordered and got it in the mail earlier.

Oh, sorry about that ;)

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 06:37 AM
Looks like three newcomers that didn't sleep the night have shown up. Apple said we can move in front if the store around 9-10 AM.

alfmoonspace
Mar 11, 2011, 07:03 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

First here at slc best buy. Going to put it on my card, how many at gateway total?

TannerH
Mar 11, 2011, 07:45 AM
Does anyone know how many iPad 2s the Apple Store has in stock? Is it typical to sell out on the first day during this type of product release?

Trialnterror
Mar 11, 2011, 07:51 AM
My best friend is an apple head they have over 10000 in stock at slc cause no pre orders!

TannerH
Mar 11, 2011, 07:58 AM
my best friend is an apple head they have over 10000 in stock at slc cause no pre orders!

awesome!

Trialnterror
Mar 11, 2011, 08:27 AM
Anyone have a line count

btr06
Mar 11, 2011, 08:52 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

First here at slc best buy. Going to put it on my card, how many at gateway total?

Keep me posted with the line count at Best Buy, I'll be heading over after I'm off of work.

nomar383
Mar 11, 2011, 09:01 AM
What's the gateway looking like now? Any official word from Apple on Stock estimates?

Trialnterror
Mar 11, 2011, 09:10 AM
What's the gateway looking like now? Any official word from Apple on Stock estimates?

20 at most

Trialnterror
Mar 11, 2011, 09:27 AM
20 at most
Maybe 30 8:25

grnyj93
Mar 11, 2011, 09:50 AM
I won't be able to get down there until about 3pm, any idea on stock available from Apple? I would rather not make the trip if there is absolutely no chance :(

nomar383
Mar 11, 2011, 09:54 AM
Maybe 30 8:25

That's not bad for the rumored 10K stock from above lol

Trialnterror
Mar 11, 2011, 09:55 AM
20 at most
Somebody send the mexican guy down here with tamales! I'm soooo hungry!

Trialnterror
Mar 11, 2011, 09:57 AM
That's not bad for the rumored 10K stock from above lol

Ya know this is Mac rumors ha!

alfmoonspace
Mar 11, 2011, 10:06 AM
SLC BB. Total = 1. Sad really, I thought I would have company besides the homeless. It's ok though, I shared some of my breakfast burrito I had from McDee's.

rmlworld
Mar 11, 2011, 10:12 AM
To bright just right. Just wondering if I can be comfortable working with my laptop out there.

Sill about 30 people?

Trialnterror
Mar 11, 2011, 10:22 AM
To bright just right. Just wondering if I can be comfortable working with my laptop out there.

Sill about 30 people?
If your talking about gateway apple ya there's security all over, nothing to worrie about!

cameronlc
Mar 11, 2011, 10:45 AM
I plan on showing up around 12:30. I really hope there is some still available by then!

LincolnC
Mar 11, 2011, 10:45 AM
I'll be there around 1, hopefully the line won't be too bad :(

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 10:49 AM
Just got moved in front of the store.

grnyj93
Mar 11, 2011, 10:51 AM
If anyone gets an idea from Apple on the amount of stock they have at the store please post so those of us that can't come down until later today know our chances.

Thanks guys, wish I was there already.

nomar383
Mar 11, 2011, 10:55 AM
Some of you guys are lucky you'll be there at 1! I won't be there until 5! :eek:

btr06
Mar 11, 2011, 10:57 AM
SLC BB. Total = 1. Sad really, I thought I would have company besides the homeless. It's ok though, I shared some of my breakfast burrito I had from McDee's.

Not bad at all. Hopefully it stays small like that until I can get there. I wonder how many they have. Keep the updates on the line coming.

LincolnC
Mar 11, 2011, 10:58 AM
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/entertainment/51412324-81/apple-ipad-store-tablet.html.csp

cameronlc
Mar 11, 2011, 10:58 AM
Some of you guys are lucky you'll be there at 1! I won't be there until 5! :eek:

Lucky if we end up getting an Ipad2 that is. I'll be ashamed to have stood in line for 5 hours + and get nothing!

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 11:27 AM
If anyone gets an idea from Apple on the amount of stock they have at the store please post so those of us that can't come down until later today know our chances.

Thanks guys, wish I was there already.

They give us no clue on stock. We did see some unloading things, it looked like quite a lot.

alfmoonspace
Mar 11, 2011, 11:41 AM
Still 1, 1040AM. They will have everything in stock and start to hand out tickets at 4. Can someone come and keep me company so I am not freezing :D

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 11:43 AM
Still 1, 1040AM. They will have everything in stock and start to hand out tickets at 4. Can someone come and keep me company so I am not freezing :D

They give tickets at the Gateway?

kewlguy781
Mar 11, 2011, 11:44 AM

No. He's referring to best buy.

LincolnC
Mar 11, 2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah what exactly would a ticket do?

twentytwo22
Mar 11, 2011, 11:45 AM
Any update on the line size at the Gateway?

mikee99
Mar 11, 2011, 11:45 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think he is at best buy

nomar383
Mar 11, 2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah what exactly would a ticket do?

They give out tickets at Best Buy to avoid having you stand in line for the last hour I guess lol. They should just hand those tickets out at 10AM.

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 11:47 AM
No. He's referring to best buy.

Good thing this thread is for the Gateway, oh well it doesn't matter.

Any update on the line size at the Gateway?

Well over 100 last I check, I'm in front and can't see the back.

LincolnC
Mar 11, 2011, 11:47 AM
They give out tickets at Best Buy to avoid having you stand in line for the last hour I guess lol. They should just hand those tickets out at 10AM.

lol no joke. I guess it's the thought that counts :rolleyes:

alfmoonspace
Mar 11, 2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry let me clarify, I'm @ BB in SLC. There is just me here, well my chair and me. At 4PM they give you a ticket so you don't have to wait in line for the last hour. So stupid.

twentytwo22
Mar 11, 2011, 11:53 AM
Sorry let me clarify, I'm @ BB in SLC. There is just me here, well my chair and me. At 4PM they give you a ticket so you don't have to wait in line for the last hour. So stupid.

Did they confirm to you that they will have all models for sure?

nomar383
Mar 11, 2011, 11:54 AM

Do they have a clue on stock? Best Buy in SLC may be a good backup if the Gateway gets too overrun.

alfmoonspace
Mar 11, 2011, 12:37 PM

No confirmation on stock but a confirmation on all models.

chorno
Mar 11, 2011, 12:39 PM

I'm going to be heading down to BB on 2100 South in a few. Are you (alfmoonspace) still the only lonely person in line?

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 12:54 PM
Just curious why you chose Best Buy over the Apple Store?

nomar383
Mar 11, 2011, 12:55 PM
Shipping times have slipped to 2-3 weeks. Looks like I'm gonna have to find a line somewhere today then for sure!

ljb77
Mar 11, 2011, 12:56 PM
I'm going to be heading down to BB on 2100 South in a few. Are you (alfmoonspace) still the only lonely person in line?

I'm driving in from Battle Mountain, NV, I'll be to BB in under a hour.

chorno
Mar 11, 2011, 12:56 PM
Just curious why you chose Best Buy over the Apple Store?

I am choosing BB because I have some Reward Zone certificates that I am going to use towards the purchase, plus the RW points will go towards getting another cert to use in the future.

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 12:58 PM
Shipping times have slipped to 2-3 weeks. Looks like I'm gonna have to find a line somewhere today then for sure!

I'll buy you one for a price plus the price of the iPad. PM if interested.

bvapple
Mar 11, 2011, 01:00 PM
What is the status of the Line at the Gateway... Keep us updated!!!

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 01:02 PM
What is the status of the Line at the Gateway... Keep us updated!!!

Too long to count.

btr06
Mar 11, 2011, 01:04 PM

I'll be there around 3:30, hopefully the line isn't too huge! Thanks for the updates.

twentytwo22
Mar 11, 2011, 01:06 PM
Still worth it to head to the Gateway over anywhere else, yeah? You gotta assume the Apple Store will have thousands of these things, I hope?

Zeterain
Mar 11, 2011, 01:07 PM
I plan on getting to SLC by 3, 3:30 at the latest. I fear that that won't be good enough though.

Keep the best buy updated, because I might hit that up. If not, I just may go to my local Simply Mac store, that is, assuming they have enough stock.

I'll be getting the white 32gb wifi model. What about everyone else?

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 01:09 PM
Still worth it to head to the Gateway over anywhere else, yeah? You gotta assume the Apple Store will have thousands of these things, I hope?

They'll have a whole lot more than Best Buy and Target combined.

I heard that Target gets two of each model, unconfirmed though.

twentytwo22
Mar 11, 2011, 01:55 PM
Any updates? I realize the line is big but is it still looking get-able if I'm there soon?

jaston1979
Mar 11, 2011, 01:58 PM
I've heard 2 different stories on the tickets @ Best Buy.

1 - They are not able to be redeemed until tomorrow, March 12th
2- They can be used after launch @ 5 PM.

Any ideas on what the official story is?

Thanks!

-josh

KatanaAzul
Mar 11, 2011, 01:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm curious too... I'm down at the best buy in Orem but they haven't even got their shipment yet :-S So if it's not too bad I might head up.

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 02:05 PM
I'm curious too... I'm down at the best buy in Orem but they haven't even got their shipment yet :-S So if it's not too bad I might head up.

That would be the worst if they don't get there shipment. If your the only one there then maybe stay but if not just come to the Gateway.

xboxphanatic
Mar 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
Any word on a buying limit? I was originally buying one for my wife and me, but my dad just called from St. George who preordered with Simply Mac. They just told him they don't expect their stock now until the end of next week, so I'll be trying to buy 3 now.

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 02:16 PM
Any word on a buying limit? I was originally buying one for my wife and me, but my dad just called from St. George who preordered with Simply Mac. They just told him they don't expect their stock now until the end of next week, so I'll be trying to buy 3 now.

Limit is two.

xboxphanatic
Mar 11, 2011, 02:36 PM
Limit is two.

Thanks. I'll have to figure something out then.

I'm leaving Orem in about 30 minutes to join the line.

mikee99
Mar 11, 2011, 02:41 PM

How is the line at best buy in salt lake

ljb77
Mar 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
BB 2100 South just stated that they have at least 25 of each model.

ljb77
Mar 11, 2011, 02:43 PM

12 @ BB 2100 South

bvapple
Mar 11, 2011, 02:46 PM
Do you think best buy will have the smart covers? have you asked that?

I am worried if I go to the apple store, they will run out of the size/ color that I want before I get there

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks. I'll have to figure something out then.

I'm leaving Orem in about 30 minutes to join the line.

Sounds like Best Buy may be a better option. But Apple has more stock for sure.

hardhatmac
Mar 11, 2011, 03:00 PM
Dang. I need to pick up my Macbook pro that's back from repairs today.

Hopefully I don't have to wait in line.

KatanaAzul
Mar 11, 2011, 03:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well I decided to stay down here at Orem Best Buy, hopefully we'll have some good luck... Honestly we need an apple store down here!!!

chorno
Mar 11, 2011, 03:19 PM

I got to BB on 21st at around 1:30 and I am the 12th in line. There's about 20 in line total. People are starting to fill the queue

arn
Mar 11, 2011, 03:21 PM
this is you guys, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98D_msjI8A

zacheryjensen
Mar 11, 2011, 03:22 PM
I'm here, they have iPads, supposedly around 200 total (but it was the CLEAR guys who said that so who knows...) and about 16 people in line.

Tickets at 4:30.

Sales at 5.

Good luck.

dupokey
Mar 11, 2011, 04:05 PM
I'm at the BB in Murray. There are probably about 30 - 35 people in line at the moment.

kewlguy781
Mar 11, 2011, 04:07 PM
FYI as of 2:45, there are appx 326 people (if I count every head correctly here) in line for the gateway apple store.

Deuterium
Mar 11, 2011, 05:13 PM
Any news worthy updates from the people down at the Gateway?

nomar383
Mar 11, 2011, 05:22 PM
There are tons of people here. It's around like 4 long corners

Zeterain
Mar 11, 2011, 05:49 PM
Apple store employee said that there may be over 800 here now. This will take a while.

nomar383
Mar 11, 2011, 06:12 PM
Apple store employee said that there may be over 800 here now. This will take a while.

Still no word on stock from the front of this massive line?

Zeterain
Mar 11, 2011, 06:19 PM
They are taking orders. This is nice.

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 07:25 PM
One hour prior to opening the count was 870 people in line for iPad 2.

this is you guys, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98D_msjI8A

Yes that is us.

rshillshooter81
Mar 11, 2011, 09:50 PM
Anyone down at the Apple Store right now know if there are any left?

I wanted a 32GB White 3G either carrier

Zeterain
Mar 11, 2011, 10:06 PM
They had all wifi blacks, and all but the 16 wifi whites. They had enough for all tickets given out, but that may be about it.

Ended up getting a 64gb White. Had a great time :)

princealfie
Mar 11, 2011, 10:07 PM
I was there hanging out with Nick who is a tech reviewer.

benhollberg
Mar 11, 2011, 10:18 PM
Anyone know what kind of stock numbers they will have on Saturday? I want to go pick up some more iPads.

I was there hanging out with Nick who is a tech reviewer.

That guy was just crazy.

nomar383
Mar 11, 2011, 10:25 PM
Picked up a 32GB black wifi. My second choice, but still stoked!

rshillshooter81
Mar 11, 2011, 10:58 PM
They had all wifi blacks, and all but the 16 wifi whites. They had enough for all tickets given out, but that may be about it.

Ended up getting a 64gb White. Had a great time :)

So no 3G?

Zeterain
Mar 11, 2011, 11:05 PM
No, they were out of all white 3g all carriers. They still had a few Verizon black ones though.

I'm pretty sure that they are selling out tonight, but good luck if you try for one tomorrow. They may still have black wifis.

benhollberg
Mar 12, 2011, 09:30 AM
Did anyone not get an iPad on Thursday who waited in line? And will they have some today?

benhollberg
Mar 12, 2011, 01:19 PM
Just talked to them, all they have is 64 GB black CDMA models.

benhollberg
Mar 12, 2011, 06:46 PM
They are completely out until Monday. They don't receive shipments on Sunday.

mikee99
Mar 13, 2011, 01:14 AM

You reselling Ben? I may go grab a couple more

benhollberg
Mar 13, 2011, 01:17 AM
You reselling Ben? I may go grab a couple more

Ya I guess so, I am going there with some others Monday morning to buy as much as I can. I assume the limit two per person still applies. Your reselling as well I guess.

mikee99
Mar 13, 2011, 01:23 AM

Yeah. You had any luck? How much are you making per iPad? Maybe pm me if you don't
Mind

mikee99
Mar 13, 2011, 01:25 AM

Oh and what time are you going to get there?

benhollberg
Mar 13, 2011, 01:27 AM
Yeah. You had any luck? How much are you making per iPad? Maybe pm me if you don't
Mind

For some reason it is not giving me the option to send you a private message, but I have sold all the iPads I have bought except for the one I kept for myself. Also I have people that are still calling me and shouldn't have any trouble selling a lot more. On eBay they are going for a lot internationally, but I don't like all the hassle of eBay even for double the price.

benhollberg
Mar 13, 2011, 01:27 AM

Oh and what time are you going to get there?

Not sure, when do they open? I am going Monday, they don't get stock on Sundays.

mikee99
Mar 13, 2011, 01:41 AM

How much extra are you gettin per iPad 2?

mikee99
Mar 13, 2011, 03:05 AM
Opens at nine or ten. I believeve nine.

natedawg218
Mar 13, 2011, 04:43 AM
It opens at 10....the hours are posted here:

http://www.apple.com/retail/thegateway/

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 10:44 AM
Just called the Apple store at the Gateway. There is a line of 5 people right now and they haven't even received a shipment yet today.

ericelben
Mar 14, 2011, 10:52 AM
Just called the Apple store at the Gateway. There is a line of 5 people right now and they haven't even received a shipment yet today.

I'm in line and it's more like 55 now...

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 10:54 AM
I'm in line and it's more like 55 now...

Oh wow, I was going to go there about 10:30 but I don't know now. Will you update to say if everyone was able to get two?

nomar383
Mar 14, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hang in there guys! It's worth it.

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 10:59 AM
What position in line are you all at?

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 11:56 AM
No iPad 2s received yet.

rshillshooter81
Mar 14, 2011, 12:00 PM
Hang in there guys! It's worth it.

I called them twice today, they said they aren't getting any and already got their shipment for the day.

So that means people are standing in line for nothing?

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 12:44 PM
I called them twice today, they said they aren't getting any and already got their shipment for the day.

I just went there and they told me the same thing. There was no line.

nomar383
Mar 14, 2011, 12:52 PM

I meant it's worth it when you finally get one. I spent 5 hours in line on Friday to pick mine up!

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 12:54 PM
I meant it's worth it when you finally get one. I spent 5 hours in line on Friday to pick mine up!

I spent 21 hours in line to be third. It was worth every second.

nomar383
Mar 14, 2011, 12:56 PM
I spent 21 hours in line to be third. It was worth every second.

I should have taken the day off on Friday so I could have left Thursday afternoon. I read about the good time you guys had in the paper on Saturday.

Zeterain
Mar 14, 2011, 02:41 PM
Who knew waiting could be so fun?

Whenever the iPad 3 comes out, I might show up 24+ hours in advance as well just to have a good time.

kewlguy781
Mar 14, 2011, 03:13 PM
I never know it would be that awesome till recently. Kudos go to Ben and Ken for making this so awesome. I think the SLC Gateway is the most awesome line waiting experience comparing to other apple store ;)

I think I ll be there tomorrrow morning to get two more. I am thinking of be there at 7 am.

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 04:25 PM
I should have taken the day off on Friday so I could have left Thursday afternoon. I read about the good time you guys had in the paper on Saturday.

What did you read and where?

Who knew waiting could be so fun?

Whenever the iPad 3 comes out, I might show up 24+ hours in advance as well just to have a good time.

I'll wait with you.

nomar383
Mar 14, 2011, 04:36 PM
What did you read and where?

I don't remember the paper, but my friend gets it delivered in Draper.

It said you guys were up playing games on a projector and smoking meat or something. Sounded like a pretty good time lol.

I showed up at 4:15PM and was behind about 900+ people!

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 04:47 PM
I don't remember the paper, but my friend gets it delivered in Draper.

It said you guys were up playing games on a projector and smoking meat or something. Sounded like a pretty good time lol.

I showed up at 4:15PM and was behind about 900+ people!

I'd like to read that if anyone can find it.

Ya some guys brought a big party tent and had two projectors in it. One had XBOX 360 and the other Sportscenter. They also brought a barbecue and made everyone pork and bacon and other stuff. They were awesome.

I'm guessing you didn't get an iPad that day, correct?

nomar383
Mar 14, 2011, 05:11 PM
I'd like to read that if anyone can find it.

Ya some guys brought a big party tent and had two projectors in it. One had XBOX 360 and the other Sportscenter. They also brought a barbecue and made everyone pork and bacon and other stuff. They were awesome.

I'm guessing you didn't get an iPad that day, correct?

I did get one! I was one of the last people. Maybe 50 people behind me by the time I got up there.

I got the Black 32GB Wifi. They ran out of about half the models by the time I got there. This model was my seconds choice, but it's an upgrade from the 16GB Black Wifi model that I was planning to get :D

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 05:15 PM
I did get one! I was one of the last people. Maybe 50 people behind me by the time I got up there.

I got the Black 32GB Wifi. They ran out of about half the models by the time I got there. This model was my seconds choice, but it's an upgrade from the 16GB Black Wifi model that I was planning to get :D

That really surprises me that they still had some. About how long or what time did you get in the doors?

nomar383
Mar 14, 2011, 05:34 PM
That really surprises me that they still had some. About how long or what time did you get in the doors?

I got in line at 4:15PM and left with an iPad at about 9:15PM. When I was walking out, the last few people were getting ready to go in.

I could see there were still a few iPads left. Probably those 64GB Black Verizon models that this thread reported earlier. I'm sure some people got 2 tickets, then just bought one iPad when they couldn't get the 2 models they wanted.

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 05:47 PM
I'm really surprised they had that many.

natedawg218
Mar 14, 2011, 06:00 PM
I was there at 10 this morning when they opened and they said they didn't have any in stock, so I drove to Best Buy in Murray and they had just received a shipment so I was able to get one! I know the SimplyMac store in Ft. Union was expecting a shipment in today too.

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 06:16 PM
I was there at 10 this morning when they opened and they said they didn't have any in stock, so I drove to Best Buy in Murray and they had just received a shipment so I was able to get one! I know the SimplyMac store in Ft. Union was expecting a shipment in today too.

How many did they have?

spangenberg
Mar 14, 2011, 09:23 PM
Has anybody heard about the possible early opening of Apple stores tomorrow? Rumor is that they will open at 9:00am. The store at The Gateway wont confirm this though...

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 09:41 PM
Has anybody heard about the possible early opening of Apple stores tomorrow? Rumor is that they will open at 9:00am. The store at The Gateway wont confirm this though...

I have called multiple times. Every time they say the usual 10:00 PM opening. I plan on calling again later.

benhollberg
Mar 14, 2011, 11:55 PM
Whoever shows up in the morning please update this with time and numbers and all that. Thanks.

kewlguy781
Mar 15, 2011, 08:34 AM

Line are starting to form up now. So far as of 7:30 am 7 people.

kewlguy781
Mar 15, 2011, 08:52 AM

7:50- 20 people.

MooseBlood
Mar 15, 2011, 08:54 AM
Somebody pick one up for me (black 16 gig wi-fi) and deliver it to me here in Orem and I'll give you $5 for your time and gas money. Haha. ;) Ok, maybe I'd give you $50, but I'd have to go to the coinstar machine first!!!!:eek:

benhollberg
Mar 15, 2011, 09:43 AM
They will no receive any iPad 2s today.

MooseBlood
Mar 15, 2011, 11:40 AM
Maybe if I threw in an extra $2 bill on top of that $50 then they might "find" one in the back. What do you think? Haha.

benhollberg
Mar 15, 2011, 12:10 PM
Maybe if I threw in an extra $2 bill on top of that $50 then they might "find" one in the back. What do you think? Haha.

I'll do it for $100 and meet you halfway in Draper.

MooseBlood
Mar 15, 2011, 02:19 PM
I'll do it for $100 and meet you halfway in Draper.

If I had the $100 I'd do it Ben. I set aside this money from last year's tax return and it's the last bit of spare money I have. I shouldn't even be buying one... but seriously, my wife has been to hell and back for me and literally saved my life so I am going to get her something very nice.

If I had the $100 I'd do it in a heartbeat because she deserves it and I'd be happy to give somebody some extra cash for doing a solid for me at this time. I just can't afford it. Thanks for the offer though. It's much appreciated!

MooseBlood
Mar 15, 2011, 05:06 PM
And by the way... totally get it and KSL it Ben. You can get $100+ and have them come to you. :)

benhollberg
Mar 15, 2011, 05:16 PM
And by the way... totally get it and KSL it Ben. You can get $100+ and have them come to you. :)

Ya I already sold four for the price I said to you. And plan on doing to same. Even have a couple buyers as long as I get some more iPad 2s.

macfrik
Mar 15, 2011, 07:50 PM
Does anyone know whether the Gateway will be opening early tomorrow for iPad 2 Sales?

Thanks

DVDA
Mar 15, 2011, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know of any store in UT that has anything in stock? Or anyplace that looks like they may still have anything online?

benhollberg
Mar 15, 2011, 08:35 PM
Does anyone know whether the Gateway will be opening early tomorrow for iPad 2 Sales?

Thanks

They said today they would open at the usual ten if they had any iPad 2 stock on Wednesday.

benhollberg
Mar 16, 2011, 08:41 AM
If your not here right now don't plan on coming down. People leaving the line because only 16 GB WiFi only black. Verizon all models in white and 32 GB black.

rudyo
Mar 16, 2011, 06:40 PM
Anyone have any idea what it is looking like for tomorrow morning?

benhollberg
Mar 16, 2011, 07:35 PM
Anyone have any idea what it is looking like for tomorrow morning?

I've tried calling at least five times in the last hour and they won't answer the phone. What time are you going to line up tomorrow?

rudyo
Mar 16, 2011, 07:54 PM
I've tried calling at least five times in the last hour and they won't answer the phone. What time are you going to line up tomorrow?
5 min before you do! :D
I guess it all depends on the weather and how late I'm up playing with my ipad2 tonight.
I'll try and ping them also.

benhollberg
Mar 16, 2011, 09:23 PM
I just tried the Apple store again. No answer, I think they blocked my number because I call so much, maybe if they do that.

benhollberg
Mar 16, 2011, 09:59 PM
I just called. They said they will open at 9 everyday if they have iPad 2s until further notice. What time are you all going?

rudyo
Mar 16, 2011, 10:55 PM
Yeah I called right before they closed also. The guy didn't have any solid knowledge of a shipment, but confirmed the 9am early open if they have ipad inventory.
I'll probably head over around 7:30... is that early enough?
It better not be raining!!!

benhollberg
Mar 16, 2011, 11:10 PM
Yeah I called right before they closed also. The guy didn't have any solid knowledge of a shipment, but confirmed the 9am early open if they have ipad inventory.
I'll probably head over around 7:30... is that early enough?
It better not be raining!!!

I hope it is raining, it just means less people will show up probably. Snow would be great.

jegesmaci
Mar 17, 2011, 12:57 AM
I am south of Salt Lake. I am looking for a 64GB Black Wifi iPad 2. If you guys find out that they have inventory, please post back.

Thanks,

Adam

rudyo
Mar 17, 2011, 07:09 AM
Thursday March 17' 6:07am, 8 people in line. No sign of FedEx

Update: Apple employee just came out. Limited qtys today. Wifi only, black only. No idea on which sizes. Opening at 9am

benhollberg
Mar 17, 2011, 08:25 AM
They have only black WiFi only models.

benhollberg
Mar 17, 2011, 10:26 AM
Only the first 11 people got iPad 2s.

Kunigit
Mar 17, 2011, 10:48 AM
Any info on what they expect for tomorrow?

benhollberg
Mar 17, 2011, 11:55 AM
Any info on what they expect for tomorrow?

They won't ever say. It seems like you may have to line up tonight and stay the night.

kewlguy781
Mar 17, 2011, 01:13 PM
Only the first 11 people got iPad 2s.

ELEVEN?! wow... apple is not doing so great with supplying the demand.

Rumanji
Mar 17, 2011, 10:20 PM
Stopped by the apple store before they closed tonight and talked to a couple guys there. They werent very positive about inventory tomorrow. Just an FYI.

kewlguy781
Mar 17, 2011, 10:26 PM
Won't be surprised that they are not positive about it. I can tell because it's kinda unusual for them to get low numbers of iPad comparing to previous products in the past product's after-launch time.

benhollberg
Mar 17, 2011, 10:40 PM
Stopped by the apple store before they closed tonight and talked to a couple guys there. They werent very positive about inventory tomorrow. Just an FYI.

They always say that. Doesn't mean you shouldn't go line up tomorrow.

Rumanji
Mar 17, 2011, 10:47 PM
They always say that. Doesn't mean you shouldn't go line up tomorrow.
Yeah but this was Steve Jobs saying it. :D

Kunigit
Mar 18, 2011, 06:04 AM
I'm thinking about going over this morning. Anyone there now?

benhollberg
Mar 18, 2011, 06:19 AM
I'm thinking about going over this morning. Anyone there now?

Over fifty people.

benhollberg
Mar 18, 2011, 06:37 AM
The first people in line got here at 1:00 AM. If your not here now don't plan on coming based on past inventory.

macfrik
Mar 18, 2011, 07:06 AM
Guys, i picked up the exact models that i wanted from target yesterday. Heard some resellers like Expercom are getting their new shpments today.. Might as well be an alternative if you cant stand in line for that long. Especially in this cold morning weather.

Just a thought......

benhollberg
Mar 18, 2011, 07:31 AM
Anyone else plan to stay over tonight?

Kunigit
Mar 18, 2011, 08:31 AM
Which target?

benhollberg
Mar 18, 2011, 09:33 AM
They received 49 iPad 2s today. I got there at 5:30 and didn't get one.

macfrik
Mar 18, 2011, 10:26 AM
Which target?

I got mine at the super target at fort union. They had 4 yesterday. The was 1 guy who took 1 and i took 1. So if you are lucky they mit still have some.

benhollberg
Mar 18, 2011, 10:34 AM
I got mine at the super target at fort union. They had 4 yesterday. The was 1 guy who took 1 and i took 1. So if you are lucky they mit still have some.

I'm going to call them as soon as I can. Do they have a limit of one per person, why didn't you buy two?

macfrik
Mar 18, 2011, 10:38 AM
I'm going to call them as soon as I can. Do they have a limit of one per person, why didn't you buy two?

They have a limit one per person per day. So if you buy 1 you have to come back tomorrow to buy another. Also, you cant hold item. First come first serve.

I was there 7.40 am yesterday to get mine. Store opens at 8 everyday.

benhollberg
Mar 18, 2011, 02:37 PM
They have a limit one per person per day. So if you buy 1 you have to come back tomorrow to buy another. Also, you cant hold item. First come first serve.

I was there 7.40 am yesterday to get mine. Store opens at 8 everyday.

So you can find out if they have them before they open?

macfrik
Mar 18, 2011, 06:12 PM
Yes. You can find out before you visit Target.. Try to look over at the target section on this forum. Someone posted a solid inventory checker so ybou better check that first before you go there.

One more thing, you have to actually ask the employee to check at their back, they dont seem to know anything about iPad 2 shipments.

Best of luck guys.

Rumanji
Mar 18, 2011, 09:50 PM
Well it looks like there is a group there ready to camp out tonight.

benhollberg
Mar 18, 2011, 10:15 PM
Well it looks like there is a group there ready to camp out tonight.

I am here right now.

Kunigit
Mar 18, 2011, 11:08 PM
How many people are there now?

benhollberg
Mar 19, 2011, 03:40 AM
How many people are there now?

More are staying the night than did the first night.

benhollberg
Mar 19, 2011, 08:46 AM
110 people right now.

rudyo
Mar 19, 2011, 09:45 AM
Only about 50 ipads today. 16gb and 32gb wifi only, no 3G ATT or Verizon.
A TON of people got skunked today.

The supply constraints persist....

benhollberg
Mar 19, 2011, 09:47 AM
Only about 50 ipads today. 16gb and 32gb wifi only, no 3G ATT or Verizon.
A TON of people got skunked today.

The supply constraints persist....

I was sixth in line and got skunked.

benhollberg
Mar 19, 2011, 11:55 AM
My story from this morning: http://itsalltech.com/?p=16232

rudyo
Mar 19, 2011, 11:34 PM
I just drove by... nobody in line tonight. I think we are missing out... :-)

benhollberg
Mar 20, 2011, 05:44 PM
Apparently there was AT&T iPad 2s available today. Did anyone pick one up?

xfs
Mar 20, 2011, 05:48 PM
Apparently there was AT&T iPad 2s available today. Did anyone pick one up?

How do you know? I called to ask and they said they got nothing today as they get no shipments on Sunday.

benhollberg
Mar 20, 2011, 05:56 PM
How do you know? I called to ask and they said they got nothing today as they get no shipments on Sunday.

A guy that I know from the line called me today and said so. He was mad because I told him not to go today because I thought they wouldn't have any also. They may have had some because of late shipments from Saturday. Either way I wouldn't plan on going to wait in line tomorrow morning.

xfs
Mar 21, 2011, 08:07 AM
was anyone in the line today?

nomar383
Mar 21, 2011, 09:41 AM
My story from this morning: http://itsalltech.com/?p=16232

lol those commenters were not happy with you.

Kunigit
Mar 21, 2011, 08:14 PM

Anyone go today or planning on going sometime this week? I may try mid week but would love a report before I do.

benhollberg
Mar 21, 2011, 09:30 PM
Anyone go today or planning on going sometime this week? I may try mid week but would love a report before I do.

I don't think they had any today, probably Tuesday and the rest of the week though.

I know, I wasn't too surprised though.

princealfie
Mar 22, 2011, 06:09 AM
This is the Apple Store I hang out most. I can't wait to get the Xoom and use it there along with my iPhone 4 :D Muah!

Kunigit
Mar 22, 2011, 08:26 AM

Anyone there today?

princealfie
Mar 22, 2011, 09:08 AM

Anyone there today?

It is snowing heavily in downtown SLC now :(

According to Notorious BIG,

"Number four: know you heard this before
Never get high, on your own supply
Number five: never sell no crack (substitute iPad here) where you rest at
I don't care if they want a ounce, tell em bounce"

Glad that the ultracapitalists in Utah are getting punished! woot.

benhollberg
Mar 22, 2011, 09:44 AM
Looks like a lot if iPads today.

apollostern
Mar 22, 2011, 10:22 AM
Looks like a lot if iPads today.

And what makes you say that? Are you in line or have you talked to somebody on the phone?

benhollberg
Mar 22, 2011, 10:26 AM
In line. Got here at 8:30 and was getting a ticket then they denied me. They still had about 20 tickets and about 15 people in line.

nomar383
Mar 22, 2011, 11:16 AM
"Number four: know you heard this before
Never get high, on your own supply
Number five: never sell no crack (substitute iPad here) where you rest at
I don't care if they want a ounce, tell em bounce"

lol 10 Crack Commandments? I didn't even Google it :p

princealfie
Mar 22, 2011, 12:43 PM
In line. Got here at 8:30 and was getting a ticket then they denied me. They still had about 20 tickets and about 15 people in line.

Any point standing any more in line if they can identify you?

Rumanji
Mar 23, 2011, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know if they had any inventory today (Wednesday?
I'm wondering about tomorrow or Friday. With the International launch looming it seems that supply will be tight.

apollostern
Mar 23, 2011, 08:38 PM
Does anyone know if they had any inventory today (Wednesday?
I'm wondering about tomorrow or Friday. With the International launch looming it seems that supply will be tight.

I was in the middle of the line (got there around 0800) and there were no wifi-only-models left. It sounded like they had a lot of AT&T models, though.

Rumanji
Mar 23, 2011, 08:41 PM
I was in the middle of the line (got there around 0800) and there were no wifi-only-models left. It sounded like they had a lot of AT&T models, though.

So the wifi units sold out first? How many total units? 100 or so?

apollostern
Mar 23, 2011, 08:58 PM
So the wifi units sold out first? How many total units? 100 or so?

There were probably 70 or 80 people there. Some bought one, some bought two iPads. I think there were enough for everybody who was there this morning. They handed out tickets and opened the store at 0900 and I was out and happy by 1000.

macfrik
Mar 28, 2011, 11:59 AM
I was in a phone with one of the Specialist in the Apple Store and he said there will be no iPad 2s today coming in. I was just calling them to swap my iPad 2. Genius agreed to swap me with the new iPad 2 after my iPad fails.

Just wanting to make sure whether they really dont have stock or maybe the stock is not yet coming in. I phoned about 10 am this morning. Anyone been there today and can clarify me?

Thanks a lot

CIA
Mar 29, 2011, 09:17 PM
Things still crazy at the Gateway or can you get one without having to be there at 4am?

OoklaTheMok
Mar 31, 2011, 03:34 PM
My friend told me last night that the BYU Bookstore has plenty of iPad 2s. You can just walk in and buy one. (You may want to call ahead to see if that's true though.)

Yesterday (Wednesday) morning I went to the Gateway. (I had an Apple Store gift card so couldn't have used it at the BYU Bookstore had I known about that anyway.) I got there at 7:40 AM. There were about 40 people in line ahead of me, and about 60 people lined up after me. Everyone got iPad 2s.

Apple Store employees stopped by the line every 15 minutes or so and handed out tickets. They got to me about 3 minutes after I arrived. At that time they were out of AT&T 3G 16GBs (both colors) so I got two 32GBs instead.

They are very wary of scalpers. They made sure I had never bought any before from anywhere (by asking me) before they would give me the tickets.

They started letting groups into the store at 9:00. I got in about 9:30 and had my iPad 2s at 9:45.

They wouldn't talk about anything other than iPad 2s until 10:00, so at 10:00 I asked about wireless mice. I didn't realize that the old Mighty Mouse (now Apple Mouse) no longer comes in a wireless version, but only the Magic Mouse does. My old wired Mighty Mouse is getting frayed, so I wanted a new wireless one. Multitouch is fine but the new Magic Mouse doesn't seem to have a way to bring up the dashboard like the old Mighty Mouse does. I'll probably end up getting a Magic Mouse and just retraining myself to use the keyboard key for the dashboard...

Anyway, some other people in line said it was their second time trying. They said Tuesday morning the store only had like 30 iPad 2s. And on Saturday or so they only had 6. So it's still hit and miss.

benhollberg
Apr 6, 2011, 11:22 PM
Anyone been to the Apple store lately, are there still lines every morning for the iPad 2?

daboltz
Apr 13, 2011, 02:27 PM

The University of Utah bookstore had all models in stock at of 1:30.

benhollberg
Apr 14, 2011, 01:48 PM
The University of Utah bookstore had all models in stock at of 1:30.

Just curious, I wouldn't think it would be but is the iPad 2 any cheaper at the University of Utah campus store?

daboltz
Apr 15, 2011, 12:05 AM
Just curious, I wouldn't think it would be but is the iPad 2 any cheaper at the University of Utah campus store?

No. The same price as anywhere else. They did however have every single model in stock, and no you don't have to be a student.

rudyo
Oct 13, 2011, 11:59 PM
How many are in line for the 4S?

benhollberg
Oct 14, 2011, 12:58 AM
How many are in line for the 4S?

About 50. Thread here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1239162