Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dannymonky

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Rats Mouth, Fl
No iOS 4.3 for Apple TV 2? Kind of disappointing... I thought 4.3 would be for ALL iOS devices. Not one single mention. :mad:

Aidoneus

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2009
While it wasn't explicitly mentioned, it wouldn't surprise me to see 4.3 on Apple TV, especially considering the enhancements to AirPlay.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
iOS4.3 for appletv has been in beta test along with the iphone and ipad, and the new airplay function will require iOS4.3 on the appletv.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
iOS 4.3 will be released for the Apple TV. It includes a new keyboard layout to wireless networks/passwords and bug fixes a long with AirPlay App streaming.

OptyCT

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008
Maybe I missed something, but I'm fairly certain that Apple doesn't consider the ATV2 an iOS device. We all know that the ATV2 runs iOS, but Apple seems to group only their mobile devices under the iOS umbrella.

That being said, I think iOS 4.3 is going to be big for ATV2. One quote from the advertising on the Apple site that I particularly liked was , "Airplay Enhancements - ...even Airplay-endable apps and websites get the big screen treatment with iOS 4.3..." Vague, but promising.

RedElectro

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
I think if it runs iOS... Apple considers it an iOS device.

I updated my phone tonight and tried the Airplay function. Switching on AppleTV I was informed there was a new update.

It's not working right though! Errors on my iPhone 4 and errors on my AppleTV 2 when trying to AirPlay videos or pictures.

MadeMac

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
Update Apple TV

Apple have updated the Apple TV and yes it is an iOS device. However you need to update the iOS from the Apple TV menu Settings>General>Update Software. There are not notable changes and a few bugs as well :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.