Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
I didn't see if it was mentioned anywhere in the event. I don't really expect someone to have an answer like they own the cable and have tried it, but does anyone know if this was mentioned somewhere and I may have missed it?

deaddog

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
I would like to know as well. They didn't say specifically one way or the other. I'm really hoping it does though.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Oh man. That does suck.

That means you can't display any app. Same old junk where the app has to support video out via the cable.

:(

houdinize

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
Mirroring as an option is amazing, I have wanted this since the first iPhone! Does that mean things like Netflix and Hulu Plus can then be watched on a tv?

paulold

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
Washington, DC
What about AirPlay? I have an Apple TV (ATV2) which is connected to my HDTV via HDMI. Would that allow me to wirelessly send 1080 video from my iPad1 to my HDTV? Would it be better than getting this HDMI adapter?

interslicer

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2010
Mirroring as an option is amazing, I have wanted this since the first iPhone! Does that mean things like Netflix and Hulu Plus can then be watched on a tv?

i dont know about hulu, but netflix already does support video out for the existing component and vga adapters. i watch netflix on the tvs at work all the time from my ipad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.