PDA

View Full Version : "Some colors may rub off leather covers during use."

Pared
Mar 2, 2011, 01:39 PM
As seen at the end of the iPad2 intro video. Quite interesting. Can you imagine... sitting reading something then getting up and your blue jeans now have a black color stain?

eawmp1
Mar 2, 2011, 01:41 PM
As with leather shoes, I think they mean the color will rub off the leather. Unless you abnormally rubbing your iPad against your thigh for a long time, doubt you'll see color transfer ONTO your pants.

You can love your iPad...just don't luuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvv your iPad. ;)

Pared
Mar 2, 2011, 01:59 PM
Ha! I just think the case will be rubbed on people's clothing very often. Think of how many times you sit it in your lap? Imagine someone buys a red cover? Yikes!

Stealthipad
Mar 2, 2011, 02:02 PM
Just do not get it then.:mad:

Let the whining begin!

eawmp1
Mar 2, 2011, 10:43 PM
Ha! I just think the case will be rubbed on people's clothing very often. Think of how many times you sit it in your lap? Imagine someone buys a red cover? Yikes!

Unless you wear the same pair of pants every time you are using the iPad, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

hayduke
Mar 2, 2011, 10:45 PM
Unless you wear the same pair of pants every time you are using the iPad, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Or...browse nekkid. Nothing a little soap won't clean up.

aibo82
Mar 2, 2011, 10:53 PM
White leather its really bad for getting jeans dye on it!

Red/dark leather will bleed onto other fabrics if its not colorfast!

Pared
Mar 8, 2011, 03:53 PM
Just do not get it then.:mad:

Let the whining begin!

No one is whining; Settle down.

Heh... Hopefully it will be that difficult.

I'm assuming others here have not had experience with colored leather cases? They bleed and are stained easier than you think.

If Apple is putting this on the site to cover their butts, it may be something for you to consider.