Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Setting a meet up for the iPad 2 launch!

Going on my own, wanna meet some people there!

Who's going?!

mjknewbie

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
What time does Meadowhall store open on March 25th

Hi,

1st post, so excuse the probably dumb newbie questions :).

I'm planning to head to Meadowhall on March 25th to get an iPad 2 - Wi-fi only, 32Gb.

What time does the store open that day? Any advice as to what time to get there (long before opening time, just before etc.) Any chance the store will sell out of the model I'm after, or should they have plenty of stock (don't think the one I'm after is one of the "hot sellers")?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:

smogit

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2010
I'm considering going, but depends on when the ipad 2 is actually launched with the US selling out etc

danielowenuk

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Me and the missus are going to have wonder over, it's my 30th birthday on the 25th so she is treating me to an iPad.

Gotta drop the kids off at school first, so probably be about 10am before I get there.

Anyone know what time it opens?

daniel1990

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
daniel

hi people surprised to see theres so much interest at this time ill be attending the event on the 25th and i will be trying to reserve a 64gb wifi only model will be there at 6am is this to early see you all there :D

just to let you know i have rang apple and contacted meadowhall apple is still unsure/ wont tell whats happening on the date involving the que up times and opening times medowhall said they will let me know when they are advised by apple to when they will open the doors to let us que up outside the store
hope this helps anyone not that its any help

tc3nitro

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Leeds/York
I'll be there....
This will be the first launch i have ever attended at an Apple store.
I bought all my iPhones from my local o2 store on launch day.

Does anyone know what T-mobiles 3g service is like at meadowhall or if you can get Bt Openzone/Btfon as i'll probably bring my MBP and Mifi.

Last edited:

daniel1990

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
this will also be my first ever apple event i have always gone to my 02 store and been on contract with my phones since day 1 of the iphone i bought my mbp from meadowhall i went there about 2 month ago dont think you can get bt openzone not to sure tho about t-mobile tho

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
I'm getting my iPad from Meadowhall: 64gb, 3G, black. But, I won't be able to get there before 5:30. Do you think there will be any left at 5:30?

If not, then I'll have to ask one of my friends to get one (they're going in a group) at 11:00. But, I would like it to be registered in my name, on my credit card and I can't afford to go a day without my credit card (it's not that I don't trust them :rolleyes:).

andyvm

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
I plan to be there!
Apple store still telling me usual opening hours of 10am, but there are rumors it could follow US and be 5pm?!
If 10am I plan to be there around 4-5am!! Sat upstairs near exit doors close to Apple store.
If 5pm opening time will still be an early start I reckon!
I plan to get white 32gb wi-fi.

Last edited:

kateisaninja

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
hey guys i was wondering if i have much hope turning up to meadowhell at 4:00pm, i unfortunately finnish college at 3 :/ do you think i would have better chance at doncaster (theres KRCS, argos, currys and pc world there) and would get there for 3:30....thanks in advance ;)

tc3nitro

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Leeds/York
hey guys i was wondering if i have much hope turning up to meadowhell at 4:00pm, i unfortunately finnish college at 3 :/ do you think i would have better chance at doncaster (theres KRCS, argos, currys and pc world there) and would get there for 3:30....thanks in advance ;)

Who knows !
Nobody knows what stock allocation is going to be !
I would imagine that the Apple store will have the largest stock, but it'll also have the biggest que !
I would try reserve one for collection at your nearest Argos store.

Mark

magicmole

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
I was planning to get there Friday AM around 9 am (assuming they open at 10).

I've been reading a few rumours that Apple are forcing all stores to wait until 5pm. I don't fancy queuing at 5pm, the lines will be massive.

Did anyone see the Meadow Hall queue for the first iPad? The wife informs me this was longgg.

***Update. T3 mag states Apple have confirmed in an official press release the in store time will be 17:00 hrs.

Last edited:

kateisaninja

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Who knows !
Nobody knows what stock allocation is going to be !
I would imagine that the Apple store will have the largest stock, but it'll also have the biggest que !
I would try reserve one for collection at your nearest Argos store.

Mark

Thankyou :)
How can i reserve on at argos? :S

PhazonUK

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
Me and 2 of my friends will be at the Meadowhall store.
Was initially considering an overnight queue up as we thought it might open early at say 8am, but since it's now a 5pm launch I think we will just get there around 8am.

I'll be sat in the queue passing time with my iPad 1, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.