PDA

View Full Version : Other cases that use "smart cover".

sportykid2332
Mar 2, 2011, 11:34 PM
So I love the concept behind apple's new smart covers, but I think I might need more protection than just a cover. Now since the covers just use magnets, do you think that other case makers will be able to easily work this feature into their own cases? Thoughts?

glitch44
Mar 3, 2011, 01:00 AM
That's what I'm hoping. I'd prefer something like the iPad 1 Apple case but with magnets.

comixster
Mar 3, 2011, 05:41 AM
Yes, definitely...I used the apple case for the ipad1 and I'm quite happy with...can't say the same thing though on the smart cover...I do think that it needs to be protected more...I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of the new accessories for the ipad2

deeddawg
Mar 3, 2011, 07:18 AM
Now since the covers just use magnets, do you think that other case makers will be able to easily work this feature into their own cases? Thoughts?

Seriously? Do you think there's any possible chance that other case makers won't leverage this capability???

rdowns
Mar 3, 2011, 08:31 AM
So I love the concept behind apple's new smart covers, but I think I might need more protection than just a cover. Now since the covers just use magnets, do you think that other case makers will be able to easily work this feature into their own cases? Thoughts?

I doubt it. They'll probably all just close up shop. :rolleyes: