PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] ClickToFlash with Lion

A Macbook Pro
Mar 3, 2011, 01:42 AM
Doesn't seem to be working for me, what about everybody else? Hasn't received an update in a while so I'm worried it might not get fixed.

EDIT: Seems like the developer has moved updates onto ''Safari Extensions'' on the Apple website. With 1.5 being the usual version and 2.1.2 being the latest found on the Apple site. Find it by going to Safari in the menu bar, then Safari Extensions.

Looks and works much better then the version found on the site as well. Can't believe I didn't know about this.

simsaladimbamba
Mar 3, 2011, 01:46 AM
For some it works and for some it doesn't:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1102829
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1105845

Maybe the developer has no access to Lion yet and waits until the release and fixes it then, which can be a matter of days, as it was evident with some applications and the release of Snow Leopard.

aristobrat
Jul 4, 2011, 02:29 PM
EDIT: Seems like the developer has moved updates onto ''Safari Extensions'' on the Apple website. With 1.5 being the usual version and 2.1.2 being the latest found on the Apple site. Find it by going to Safari in the menu bar, then Safari Extensions.

Looks and works much better then the version found on the site as well. Can't believe I didn't know about this.
As a long-time Firefox user playing with Safari for the first time, I had no clue about Safari extensions. Thanks for posting this!

Psion
Jul 20, 2011, 09:02 PM
Doesn't seem to be working for me, what about everybody else? Hasn't received an update in a while so I'm worried it might not get fixed.

you are awesome! thank you so much for this great info!!

xlii
Jul 20, 2011, 09:07 PM
I have version 2.3.1 installed. I have automatic updates turned on in safari, preferences, extensions, updates

Alveezy
Jul 20, 2011, 09:10 PM
it's working for me on the GM build but i saw some graphical glitches when you try to toggle fullscreen, the media player's ui where you control the video doesn't center in the button like how it's suppose to. instead it's all the way to the left and you only see half of the ui.

happyslayer
Jul 23, 2011, 01:57 AM
It didn't work as a download from the Click2Flash site, but with the latest extension 2.3.1 through preferences... it works again! Thanks to the above reply with the info!

Kafka
Jul 23, 2011, 08:03 AM
The one from the site didn't work in Lion for me too but the plugin appears to work fine up to now.
But how can I use the default players instead of the click2flash substitute player?