Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arrakis73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Hello, I have some questions.
I am involved in a project which requires to create server side applications under Os X, while client apps work on Pocket PC/Windows Mobile devices.

I am planning to buy a PowerBook 1.67 Ghz with 1.5 Gb of ram and Virtual PC 7.

1) is this powerbook suitable for Virtual PC running Visual Studio or should I add more memory?

2) could I work with Pocket PC devices connected to the powerbook usb?

3) may I update the Windows XP hosted into Virtual PC?

I do not expect to have a Visual Studio performance like a PC, but I would like to know if its performance will be "acceptable" for "mobile working". I just want to know if such configuration is enough for developing with Visual Studio and pocket pc devices without carrying around my big PC tower, keryboard, etc.

Thanking in advance,

Andrea Liana

csubear

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
I have Win2k and VS 2003 installed on VPC 7 on my powerbook in my sig. It runs okay. Screen redaws are much better in VPC 7, and working with VS is okay untill you start debugging code. When you run stuff through the debugger it gets a bit slower than what I would like. It reminds me of debugging code on my old P3 450, kinda slow, but gets the job done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.