PDA

View Full Version : 15" Powerbook screen repplacement - how much?

lord_flash
Feb 16, 2005, 06:56 AM
I'll begin this by saying this: I've been very silly indeed.

Soon after I first bought my Powerbook 15" (the day they came out) the rumours page was chocked with stuff about the strange white patches (this isn't dead pixels) on the screen. People sent them back, only to have the problem return. It was, it transpired, something wrong with Apple's design that applied pressure to the screen from behind.

Anyway, I never did get it fixed, even when Apple had solved it, and now it's out of guarntee. The effect, however, is much worse than it was, and I'd like it repaired. I imagine I'd have to pay, but does anyone know how much? Have you had a 15" display replaced?

madrobby
Feb 16, 2005, 07:19 AM
A friend of mine had his display replaced twice (had white spots one the first replacement screen, too), and had nothing to pay (I think the second time was at least a year after he purchased the Powerbook).

You really should call the Apple Hotline or ask your dealer about this, maybe they'll replace it for free.

jxyama
Feb 16, 2005, 07:22 AM
yeah, call apple to see if they can somehow repair it for you for free. otherwise, it could be quite costly, like 50% of the price of the PB... at least according to apple. :eek:

tobio
Apr 27, 2005, 07:06 AM
new 15" screen from apple will be approx 400 including labour
(75 labour, 300-ish for screen)

Gokhan
Apr 27, 2005, 05:14 PM
apple will repair it for free if it falls between certain serial numbers
so call them and check generally they will let u know mine was repaired even though it was out of warranty and in 5 days sharp (: