PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 - Columbus OH (Easton)

VirgilsEgo
Mar 3, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hey gang. Are we planning anything? I've been hearing various claims, such as: "They aren't releasing it until 5 pm"

I just spoke to a rep and he told me to check the Apple Store website the day before.

Hopefully, it will be available when the doors open, which means lining up at 6 am.

Who's in?

cmhsam
Mar 3, 2011, 11:11 AM
Hey gang. Are we planning anything? I've been hearing various claims, such as: "They aren't releasing it until 5 pm"

I just spoke to a rep and he told me to check the Apple Store website the day before.

Hopefully, it will be available when the doors open, which means lining up at 6 am.

Who's in?
I plan on being there early

VirgilsEgo
Mar 3, 2011, 01:15 PM
I plan on being there early

The Easton Rent-A-Cops are really bitchy, and they generally don't let you start lining up till 6. On iPhone launches, we'll go hang with the people outside the AT&T store and then send recon over to check it out. As soon as they let the line start forming, we swoop in.

VirgilsEgo
Mar 3, 2011, 02:51 PM
According the the Apple site, the iPad will be on sale in their retail store at 5 PM. I guess I'll just order mine from the online store. I really don't want to sit in line for 12 hours.

Dfndr90
Mar 3, 2011, 09:07 PM
I plan on getting in line about 1:30 or 2:00. They are going to be sold at multiple locations so hopefully this take the pressure off of the Easton Store.

cmhsam
Mar 4, 2011, 06:47 AM
Be careful. You might get shot :)...remember the shooting at Easton a few weeks ago all started in the Apple Store. Tensions will be high with this new product release :)

ryan.malany
Mar 11, 2011, 05:58 AM
I propose using the hashtag #cbusipad on Twitter to keep others updated on lines, inventories, pictures, etc.! Thoughts?

cmhsam
Mar 11, 2011, 06:08 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I propose using the hashtag #cbusipad on Twitter to keep others updated on lines, inventories, pictures, etc.! Thoughts?

Doing that now on the twitter