PDA

View Full Version : Portland, Oregon iPad 2

engelke2010
Mar 3, 2011, 09:53 AM
Which Apple store in the Portland area is the best one to go to? I was at the Washington Square one in Tigard for the iPhone 4. But since I don't have to work that day and it is later on in the day, I want to go to the one where I have the best chance of getting one and not having to wait that long.

epi117
Mar 6, 2011, 10:54 PM
Im going to pioneer square about 1, but my gut tells me its going to be packed.

jdminpdx
Mar 7, 2011, 12:47 AM
I live in Troutdale, I will be going to the Pioneer Square location and I suspect that it will be PACKED. Bridgeport Village and the Tigard location are also on my list should I call and they have them (if Pioneer Square doesnt have what I want).

engelke2010
Mar 7, 2011, 12:15 PM
I was thinking about going to the Pioneer location also, but I guess I will go to the Tigard one. I'll be there early afternoon. If I'm not able to get one there, I can always try the Best Buy mobile store, AT&T, Target, or the regular Best Buy that are all either at the same mall or very close.

epi117
Mar 9, 2011, 10:44 AM
going to Washington Square instead......still undecided on time to get there.

cjt3007
Mar 10, 2011, 05:59 PM
I will be going to washington square, as I have been there for every past launch!

iCHiRS
Mar 10, 2011, 08:06 PM
Wish I could be there with you guys! Hopefully I'll be able to get one soon :)

CJ: I'm sure for the iPhone 5 we'll be in line next to each other again...like the launch of the 3G and the 4...!

Good luck everyone!

cjt3007
Mar 11, 2011, 02:42 AM
Okay, I'm here... Where is everyone else?

iCHiRS
Mar 11, 2011, 08:56 AM
Okay, I'm here... Where is everyone else?

Already man :eek: ? Damn....! Is there anyone else there?

engelke2010
Mar 11, 2011, 09:20 AM
Already man :eek: ? Damn....! Is there anyone else there?

My thoughts exactly... I thought I was being overly safe by going at noon! Is there a line yet?

Jeybee
Mar 11, 2011, 12:14 PM
FYI, I just phoned and there are apparently about 30 people in line so far as of 10.15am.

engelke2010
Mar 11, 2011, 12:32 PM
FYI, I just phoned and there are apparently about 30 people in line so far as of 10.15am.

Thanks for the info. I might leave earlier than I had planned just to be part of the fun. I just worry about losing my place in line if I have to leave for a few minutes.

Jeybee
Mar 11, 2011, 01:20 PM
This is at the Pioneer Place store btw. I'm there now and it still seems to be 30. Not growing fast.

cjt3007
Mar 11, 2011, 01:22 PM
At Washington Square there are probably more than 60...

Jeybee
Mar 11, 2011, 01:42 PM
There are about 45 ish I'm guessing now. Store employee just got estimates and said limit of 2 per person.

engelke2010
Mar 11, 2011, 02:33 PM
I'm in line at Washington Square. Doewn't seem like too many people. The Apple guy I spoke to wouldn't say how many they had, but that i would definitely have my choice. It's gonna be a long 4 1/2 hours +, but it will be worth it at the end.

spblat
Mar 11, 2011, 03:18 PM
I'm in line at Washington Square. Doewn't seem like too many people. The Apple guy I spoke to wouldn't say how many they had, but that i would definitely have my choice. It's gonna be a long 4 1/2 hours +, but it will be worth it at the end.

I'm behind you, around 75th. Apple dudes are telling us we will definitely have access to an iPad, but no guarantees as to which models will be available.

engelke2010
Mar 11, 2011, 03:24 PM
I gotta say I am thankful for Dick's Sporting Goods. They have a decent chair on sale for $10. Even if I use it only this nce, it is worth it. My back can't take sitting on the floor. It was nixe that Apple employees let me leave for a bit.

spblat
Mar 11, 2011, 04:40 PM
Word. I am thankful for my wife, who was kind enough to bring me a chair since I didn't plan ahead. This floor is hard!

gooutside
Mar 11, 2011, 04:49 PM
I'm at the Washington Square Mall. They have the line divided into 3 sections: one in front of the store, one under an atrium, and one behind the atrium off into another wing.

I just heard some employees talking quietly to each other that they have about 70% iPad 2, White, Wi-Fi Only, 16GB, and only about 3-4 each of the other varieties. They were making it sound like not everybody would be getting anything good, unless of course you want a white crappy small iPad.

spblat
Mar 11, 2011, 04:56 PM
Everybody freak out!!

Sreda
Mar 11, 2011, 06:01 PM
what about best buy portland

gooutside
Mar 11, 2011, 06:10 PM
I called Best Buy and I guess they gave employees a chance to order them all first and they're all gone already. They might have 6-7 or so.

iomatic
Mar 15, 2011, 12:21 PM
bump for downtown? any word? thx.

goMac
Mar 15, 2011, 12:32 PM
bump for downtown? any word? thx.

No iPads as of this morning.

iomatic
Mar 15, 2011, 01:16 PM
thx for the update.

POR503
Mar 15, 2011, 03:12 PM
Any update on ipads in the Portland area? Let's work together so we can figure out where they have some.

goMac
Mar 15, 2011, 06:40 PM
Any update on ipads in the Portland area? Let's work together so we can figure out where they have some.

Try calling Pioneer Place, they said they might get some in this afternoon. Otherwise, haven't heard of any stock.

krnboy503
Mar 17, 2011, 08:27 AM
Target in Beaverton has 32GB BLACK WIFI ONLY IN STOCK as of NOW! They open in a couple of hours!

Also, Tanasbourne has 'Limited Supply' of 32GB WHITE WIFI ONLY as of NOW!

Good luck!

iomatic
Mar 17, 2011, 04:06 PM
Any further in Pioneer Sq.?

goMac
Mar 17, 2011, 04:19 PM
Target in Beaverton has 32GB BLACK WIFI ONLY IN STOCK as of NOW! They open in a couple of hours!

Also, Tanasbourne has 'Limited Supply' of 32GB WHITE WIFI ONLY as of NOW!

Good luck!

They never had stock. Those ones that came in were on reserve.

mapexvenus
Mar 19, 2011, 03:02 PM
Any updates on availability in the area. Walmart in Portland has 64GB 3G in stock. I am looking only for the WiFi version.

goMac
Mar 19, 2011, 09:49 PM
Any updates on availability in the area. Walmart in Portland has 64GB 3G in stock. I am looking only for the WiFi version.

ATT 3G or Verizon? I need an ATT, but I'm out of town until tomorrow afternoon.

iomatic
Mar 20, 2011, 12:17 PM
ATT 3G or Verizon? I need an ATT, but I'm out of town until tomorrow afternoon.

Same here! sounds like a good one; any WalMart coupons available? :)

rebirth83
Mar 20, 2011, 02:14 PM

I saw that to a few days ago and called hopping they had a wifi ipad in stock to but when I called they said they didn't have any in stock. Beside walmart inventory isn't accurate because it says the last stock check was updated on March 13th.

Online and store prices may differ, and prices may vary from store to store.
( In stock status is approximate and was last updated on 03/13/2011 at 3:09 PM )

iomatic
Mar 22, 2011, 05:18 PM
anything yet?

goMac
Mar 22, 2011, 05:38 PM
anything yet?

Apple Store had a bunch this morning.

kcmasterpiece
Mar 23, 2011, 12:43 AM
Any updates about iPad availability in the Portland area? I've called around and no one has any in stock. I am looking for the black 16gb wifi version in particular.

goMac
Mar 23, 2011, 12:48 AM
Best Buy is not planning on getting stock soon. I heard at least a week until they can sell to walk ins.

mapexvenus
Mar 23, 2011, 07:43 AM
Apple Store had a bunch this morning.

Think they will have anything if I swung by this afternoon?

mapexvenus
Mar 23, 2011, 07:43 AM
Anyone interested in collaborating on this?

goMac
Mar 23, 2011, 10:07 AM
Think they will have anything if I swung by this afternoon?

Doubtful. If you want to buy at the Apple Store, get there sometime in the morning.

kcmasterpiece
Mar 23, 2011, 11:42 AM
Anyone interested in collaborating on this?

I would like to collaborate. I went by the Pioneer Place Apple Store this morning at around 9:15am and there was a line of about 25 people who were waiting with vouchers, presumably, to buy their iPads. There were none left.

Also, just placed my online order as a backup. Estimated delivery date is April 30, ugh.

kcmasterpiece
Mar 23, 2011, 01:11 PM
Just called and BestBuy in Clackamas has a few 32gig 3g models and one 64 gig 3g. I can't remember if they are Verizon or ATT

rebirth83
Mar 23, 2011, 01:31 PM
I would like to collaborate. I went by the Pioneer Place Apple Store this morning at around 9:15am and there was a line of about 25 people who were waiting with vouchers, presumably, to buy their iPads. There were none left.

Also, just placed my online order as a backup. Estimated delivery date is April 30, ugh.

Actually u have to wait in line for a ticket before you get an ipad. I went there at 8:20 and all the tickets have been given out.

goMac
Mar 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
Just called and BestBuy in Clackamas has a few 32gig 3g models and one 64 gig 3g. I can't remember if they are Verizon or ATT

Clackamas is too far, I'm working over in Beaverton. Bleh.

mapexvenus
Mar 23, 2011, 11:33 PM
Actually u have to wait in line for a ticket before you get an ipad. I went there at 8:20 and all the tickets have been given out.

I spoke to the Apple store this morning and they said everyone who waited in line from 8:00 AM got an iPad. I plan to be there around 7:30 AM tomorrow and will see what happens.

mapexvenus
Mar 24, 2011, 12:27 AM
It looks like the scalpers are having a field day. 16GB WiFi iPad's are advertised on Craigslist from anywhere between $600 and $750.

mapexvenus
Mar 24, 2011, 12:29 AM
Doubtful. If you want to buy at the Apple Store, get there sometime in the morning.

How early should I get there? 7:30?

rebirth83
Mar 24, 2011, 09:59 AM
How early should I get there? 7:30?
I hope you didn't go to the pioneer place one. Clearly 7am is not early enough. They ran out of tickets:(:(
LATE BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:
Lucky day I got one at target! :) The nightmare is over I can finally get some sleep.

winkingcat
Mar 24, 2011, 10:20 AM
An employee at the pioneer place apple store said that the line for an ipad2 starts at 10pm the night before and the line moves into the mall at 5:45am when the mall doors open.

mapexvenus
Mar 24, 2011, 12:51 PM
I hope you didn't go to the pioneer place one. Clearly 7am is not early enough. They ran out of tickets:(:(

I went to Washington Square at 7 and got my ticket at 8:30. I now have a 16GB WiFi, but I *really* want the 3G version.

kcmasterpiece
Mar 24, 2011, 02:35 PM
The search is over, for me at least.

Just got my ipad from the Jantzen Beach Target using the Target Python script. The employee at that Target said that they get more iPad shipments than any other Target.

I would recommend running that script. It is very accurate. I ran it this morning and no Target had them. I then ran it around 11:30am and there were a couple hits. As soon as I bought the last 32g wifi model, the website and script updated that there were no more available of that model. There are still some Verizon models left.

I went to Best Buy near the PDX airport earlier. They received a shipment, but they were all reserved for pre orders. Your best bet in Target.

Just cancelled my Apple order scheduled for April 30th delivery.

Good luck in your search.

p.s. I had to resist buying two to resell one on Craigslist. Scalpers annoy me.

blevins321
Mar 24, 2011, 02:39 PM
You're not that far. Sneak up to Anchorage and find the FedEx plane carrying all the Apple.com orders. :D

iomatic
Mar 24, 2011, 03:48 PM
is there an online version of that tool?

and no, Anchorage is not exactly a day trip :)

Meh, i think i'll wait for version 3.

Just got my ipad from the Jantzen Beach Target using the Target Python script. The employee at that Target said that they get more iPad shipments than any other Target.

I would recommend running that script. It is very accurate. I ran it this morning and no Target had them. I then ran it around 11:30am and there were a couple hits. As soon as I bought the last 32g wifi model, the website and script updated that there were no more available of that model. There are still some Verizon models left.

I went to Best Buy near the PDX airport earlier. They received a shipment, but they were all reserved for pre orders. Your best bet in Target.

mapexvenus
Mar 24, 2011, 03:56 PM

What is the ' Target Python script'??:confused:

adamha21
Mar 24, 2011, 08:19 PM
Which do you think is a better option, Washington Square or Bridgeport Village? I'm thinking of heading over to one in the morning.

Bridgeport told me the line usually forms at midnight.

goMac
Mar 24, 2011, 08:21 PM
Which do you think is a better option, Washington Square or Bridgeport Village? I'm thinking of heading over to one in the morning.

Bridgeport told me the line usually forms at midnight.

I heard Pioneer forms at 10 PM...

Maybe we just need to set up a group encampment somewhere. :)

adamha21
Mar 24, 2011, 08:25 PM
I heard Pioneer forms at 10 PM...

Maybe we just need to set up a group encampment somewhere. :)

I'm thinking of heading in tomorrow. I'm an hour outside of Portland. Was thinking of camping out around 6 am.

kcmasterpiece
Mar 24, 2011, 09:03 PM
What is the ' Target Python script'??:confused:

Just google "Target inventory tracker script.". If you aren't savvy with terminal scripts then just use the web based inventory tracker. The script basically scrapes the web tracker and automates the whole process.

iomatic
Mar 25, 2011, 04:42 PM
A couple at Best Buy. Target appears out (very manual, but keep hunting):

http://www.schollnick.net/wordpress/2011/03/target-stores-ipad-2-inventory-checker/

Good luck, I'm out of this $$$ game. :)

willowest
Mar 25, 2011, 06:02 PM
Best Buy @ Jantzen Beach had 3 yesterday, all 3G. I was going to buy the black 64GB, but it was damaged in transit, so I bought the white one instead. They still had a white 16GB when I left there around noon.

goMac
Mar 25, 2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah, Portland seems to be all out of iPad 2's right now...

If anyone sees a Black ATT 64 gig please let me know. :)

willowest
Mar 26, 2011, 02:21 PM
Just left Best Buy at Cascade Station. They have two 16gb w/3G.

goMac
Mar 26, 2011, 07:59 PM
To muddy the waters a bit for those still looking...

I was told today that Pioneer Place is receiving shipments mid day. It was implied that they also handed them out mid day in addition to this morning.

winkingcat
Mar 28, 2011, 11:05 PM
Fry's had a bunch of 3G Verizon iPad2 available tonight in black and white in varying sizes...

goMac
Mar 29, 2011, 01:13 AM
FYI - Best Buys inventory numbers in Portland seem to be currently cycling.

mapexvenus
Mar 29, 2011, 04:58 PM
Any updates on availability at the Apple store in Washington Square? I am going to return the 16GB WiFi iPad 2 I bought last week and want to get the 3G version instead? Should I still go in to stand in line at 6 AM or has the situation improved?

joshuakarjala
Apr 1, 2011, 01:22 PM
What are the places to buy at in Portland? I'm from Denmark and travelling through on a roadtrip. So the combination of US pricing + no sales tax == lots of savings compared to Denmark.

Is it possible anywhere to get one without being there at 6am? I'm fine with a 16gb wifi.

goMac
Apr 1, 2011, 01:28 PM
What are the places to buy at in Portland? I'm from Denmark and travelling through on a roadtrip. So the combination of US pricing + no sales tax == lots of savings compared to Denmark.

Is it possible anywhere to get one without being there at 6am? I'm fine with a 16gb wifi.

No where. There are none in stock in Portland.

iCHiRS
Apr 6, 2011, 10:39 PM
Finally got my iPad 2. I went to Bridgeport Village on Sunday the 3rd at around 7am. At 9 an employee came outside and said all the only models they had were the 64GB Verizon model in black. So I hauled ass to the Washington Square Apple store and BOOM!!! No one there and the had around 6 left. So I got my white 32GB AT&T model.....! :cool:

spblat
Apr 7, 2011, 10:08 AM
Congrats! Now come join the fun in the Backlight Bleeding (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1114606) thread :D

krnboy503
Apr 9, 2011, 05:22 AM
Best chance to get one is to line up in the morning around 5-9AM at your local Apple Store (i recommend Bridgeport Village store in Tigard since Pioneer and Washington Square Apple stores are crowded).

I was there yesterday morning at 8AM and waited only an hour.. was 5th in line and got what I wanted :)

jdminpdx
Apr 9, 2011, 10:42 PM
I spent an hour and 15 calling every retail outlet selling iPad 2's. I finally found 1 16GB black wifi only (which is what I was looking for) at the wood village walmart. I was told it was the only one they received.

For those looking, as of 4 PM pioneer place and Bridgeport had the 64 GB Verizon model in stock. That's it. When I called and said that isnt what I was looking for she said that nobody seemed to want them :D

rubycakes
Apr 20, 2011, 06:11 PM
FINALLY got my ipad 2 this morning at Bridgeport Village. I got there at 6:30 am and was 2nd in line. They came out with vouchers a little after 8am and must have had a dozen to twenty ipads. They only had wifi and AT&T 32g and 64g in black. Yesterday there were only 3 vouchers given.

This was my first morning out and got one. I wanted a 16g black ATT and had to "settle" for a 32g. Oh well. :) Have to explain that extra $100 to my wife tonight.