PDA

View Full Version : Problem Sharing Files/Hard Drive Question

Moyank24
Mar 3, 2011, 02:19 PM
I think I just did something bad to my MacBook. I got a new MBP today and I was trying to figure out how to share my iTunes Music with the new computer. I tried moving the iTunes library to my public folder.

When I did that the memory on my Mac went from about 120GB left to about 98GB. (I have about 20GB of music). I'm not sure I even moved the correct file. I moved the file back into my iTunes Folder.

But since then, the space left on my hard drive has been dropping..it's now down to 91.45.

Does anyone know what I did and how I can fix it?

AndyK
Mar 3, 2011, 02:48 PM
Delete all the files in the public folder, just keep the music files in your user accounts music folder as itunes archives them, then.....

1.Turn on home sharing on both mac's itunes (advanced menu).
2.Log in with your Apple ID on both macs.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Moyank24
Mar 3, 2011, 02:54 PM
Delete all the files in the public folder, just keep the music files in your user accounts music folder as itunes archives them, then.....

1.Turn on home sharing on both mac's itunes (advanced menu).
2.Log in with your Apple ID on both macs.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Well that sounds easier than what i did, that's for sure. Thanks for that!

Now to my other problem...I'm sure somehow, somewhere I copied the music file from my Macbook to another file on my Macbook. That would explain the huge drop in space left on my hard drive.

Do you know any way I can figure out if that's what I did. A way to search for duplicate files maybe? Because I just droped almost 30 GB in about 2 minutes.

Thanks

Edit: All files in my public folder have been deleted. It's now empty.