PDA

View Full Version : Shared App Issue on Dual Setup in Lion - Please assist.

boldac
Mar 3, 2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks in advance. I setup Lion on a separate partition. I love it. I linked my new home directory to my Snow Leopard one; however, several Apple applications won't run. iPhoto, aperture, iMovie, Numbers, etc. All of them give the same error about wrong OS X version and show that they are looking in Lion's Library for frameworks and such instead of accessing the libraries from Snow Leopard.

I originally used the directions for setting up the separate Lion partition and linking the home directories from here:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/11755/install-os-x-lion-to-separate-partition/

I must be doing something wrong, because I am sure many of you installed using a similar technique, but you guys are all successful in running those applications.

Thanks!

Galaxas0
Mar 3, 2011, 10:03 PM
Same problem - easy fix: Reinstall the iLife and iWork suite in Lion and delete the .app files. All is well :D

boldac
Mar 4, 2011, 02:55 PM
Same problem - easy fix: Reinstall the iLife and iWork suite in Lion and delete the .app files. All is well :D

:confused:

Really? That seems to be an awful clunky way of doing things. Can anybody else confirm that's the only way to get Apple apps running?

boldac
Mar 10, 2011, 04:55 PM
Back to the top...

suggestions anybody?