Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomasjon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Help! I am pretty new to the Server Side of things and had a question. I have the mac mini server 2010. I setup the address book server and have it on the host mini and on a client (work) computer. When I setup the client side CardDav, it syncs initially but when I add anything new, it does not populate on the host computer. A new contact will also seam to disappear after awhile as well. Not sure if the syncing is getting rid of it or what.

I also setup a new folder in the address book on the host machine. The folder shows up on the client side, but when I add a contact to it on the host machine, it never shows up on the host.

Is there a Slave Master relationship setting I need to know about? Sorry about the newbie questions, just not getting it. I also cannot find any info on this.

Could me data be corrupt?

myjay610

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
The set-up *should* be straight forward, however CardDAV is fairly new so there's a good chance it's just a crappy implementation on Apple's behalf. Which from my experience is pretty common in their OS X server builds...things just don't always work in it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.