Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hackint0sh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Just purchased the new 15" MBP with the Radeon 6750 (1 gig) and the quadcore i7.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I'm "only" getting 40 fps in Cata with my video settings at "high". With the settings on Ultra I am getting less than 30 fps. This is after forcing the ATI card to the on position in the control panel.

I know I could turn the water off and do a few other tweaks, but honestly I didn't expect to have to do this.

Anyone else experience disappointing performance with the new MBP's in Wow?

JacenLightrider

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
I am guessing you are running in OSX not in Bootcamp.

That would, unfortunately, be your problem, most likely. It MAY be a drivers thing with your GFX Card, but I would try boot camp first if you have XP, vista or 7 laying around...Should get a 10-20 FPS Boost(thats what I get on my iMac and my 2009 MBP

Hackint0sh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
here are some test. with the new macbook pro's

http://www.barefeats.com/mbps01.html

wow looks to be slower then last year but other games rock.

This is interesting. Hard to believe the new model performs slower than last years model? :rolleyes:

Yes, this is in OSX, not bootcamp. Since Wow is really the only game I play, it doesn't make sense to run bootcamp as all of my other tools are OSX based.

As for the 6750 being a "low to medium" level GPU, I hardly see it being anything even close to "low level".

Nevertheless, the performance has been a scad bit disappointing, but still much better than my 13" MBP. :D

Last edited:

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Turn off Sun Shafts. There's been a number of topics regarding WoW lately and there's one or two options that really kill performance.

Also, note that Barefeats' results are at 1280x800. The story may well indeed be different at 1680x1050 or above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.