PDA

View Full Version : Incipio feather + smart cover for ipad 2

rook02
Mar 4, 2011, 12:21 PM
I think the ideal case for the ipad 2 would be the incipio feather + smart cover. Hopefully they make a case like that or at least make the ipad 2 feather compatible with the smart cover.

Has anyone heard of any smart cover compatible cases?

bluenik25
Mar 13, 2011, 08:02 PM
+1

rkdiddy
Mar 13, 2011, 09:24 PM
+2

3goldens
Mar 14, 2011, 09:25 AM
I emailed this request to them so I would suggest others do the same!

bluenik25
Mar 14, 2011, 10:29 PM
While i would love to have the feather case. Someone in another thread found this.

http://www.marware.com/ipad-kindle-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-cases/microshell-ipad-2-case

gigemzach
Mar 14, 2011, 10:46 PM
While i would love to have the feather case. Someone in another thread found this.

http://www.marware.com/ipad-kindle-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-cases/microshell-ipad-2-case

That is actually really nice. Nice find.

Aqua Bliss
Mar 17, 2011, 08:32 PM
There's still hope. Here's an email I got from Incipio today. No way I'm going to use a rubberized case with a smart cover attaching through it. That's just asking for trouble.

-------------------------------

Thank you for your email. We were given the opportunity to test the iPad 2 feather case with the Smart Cover, and found that it actually is pretty compatible. The Smart Cover’s magnets are still able to ‘adhere’ to the iPad 2, but they’re magnetic power is lessened because the feather creates a thin barrier between the two (the Smart Cover magnets, and the iPad 2).

Furthermore, I was recently notified that we have a Smart Cover compatible iPad 2 feather in development, and anticipate its availability in approximately 6 -8 weeks. We do have an email notification list that I can add you to, if you would like. Please just confirm your interest in being notified by directly replying to this email. You are more than welcome to purchase the feather that will be available within the next week and use it with your iPad 2 and Smart Cover, or wait for the fully Smart Cover compatible feather, whose availability we anticipate to be 6 - 8 weeks from now. Please let us know how you would like to continue. We look forward to hearing from you.

All the Best,

Alisha S.

blow45
Mar 19, 2011, 09:54 AM
can't they just leave one side for the magnets to stick on, they just have to shave off a few mm off the feather case, and make it fit with apple's cover...

I can't see why they haven't already...8 weeks is too long to wait for THEIR custom magnet cover, since they know apple have released such type of magnetic cover they should have incorporated this in their design.

What's the point in protecting the back if you cant fit the cover on? Sounds very silly.

3goldens
Mar 19, 2011, 10:09 AM
sounds good to me! in the mean time I ordered a mareware micro something like that, forgot the name.

oghowie
Mar 19, 2011, 11:15 AM
can't they just leave one side for the magnets to stick on, they just have to shave off a few mm off the feather case, and make it fit with apple's cover...

I can't see why they haven't already...8 weeks is too long to wait for THEIR custom magnet cover, since they know apple have released such type of magnetic cover they should have incorporated this in their design.

What's the point in protecting the back if you cant fit the cover on? Sounds very silly.

8 weeks is pretty normal production + shipping for goods shipping out of China.

I think many manufacturers got the leaked dimensions of the ipad2 but not the smart cover.

sap12690
Mar 19, 2011, 12:33 PM
I'm debating on whether i should get the current iPad 2 feather case or just wait for the father case that's smart cover compatible.

jkolton
Mar 19, 2011, 01:21 PM
I can't really tell from the product shots, but is there any reason you couldn't dremel out the shape of the smart cover connector on the left side of the case? I've never owned one of the feather cases even for my ipad 1, but it doesn't really seem like it would be essential to have the entire left side intact for it to stay securely on.

blow45
Mar 19, 2011, 02:24 PM
I can't really tell from the product shots, but is there any reason you couldn't dremel out the shape of the smart cover connector on the left side of the case? I've never owned one of the feather cases even for my ipad 1, but it doesn't really seem like it would be essential to have the entire left side intact for it to stay securely on.

that's why I think this product is rushed, because they could have easily made a provision for the cover (pretty obvious and necessary ) with not much added complexion and yet they haven't. They ve probably started manufacturing these even before apple's announcement.

sap12690
Mar 20, 2011, 12:17 AM
Has anybody had the chance to try it out yet?

3goldens
Mar 20, 2011, 12:28 AM
they must have just started shipping these, they were not on the web site earlier this week.

I will wait for the one for the smart cover, and try the mare-ware first.

sap12690
Mar 20, 2011, 12:42 AM
I just ordered mine, will try it out and if I dont like it, I'll return it

j-a-x
Mar 26, 2011, 10:15 PM
Did you get to try it? I'm also curious about this case with the smart cover. Sounds like it could be pretty nice.

j-a-x
Mar 26, 2011, 10:20 PM
Here's a case that is supposed to ship on the first that looks like it is supposed to work with the smart cover. In the overview image it looks like there is a cutout for thhe hinge, but in the other images it doesn't look like there is s cutout so I'm not really sure.

http://www.thejoyfactory.com/products/protection/smartfit2-41.html

Egidio
Apr 18, 2011, 10:36 AM
I think the ideal case for the ipad 2 would be the incipio feather + smart cover.

Well, I just received my Incipio Feather case "especially designed for the iPad 2" (so it says in the box). It fits very well and really protects the back of the iPad, which is one area of concern to me. The sad part, though, is that I cannot have the iPad 2 cover fit over tightly. It stays in place, sort of, but it slides off very easily. The thin plastic does allow for the magnets to hold the cover to some extent, but not very securely. So, it is not a perfect fit with the standard iPad 2 case.

Superman Y2K
Apr 18, 2011, 01:00 PM
They have the new product page for the Apple Smart Cover Compatible feather® Case up on their site.

Egidio
Apr 18, 2011, 01:04 PM
They have the new product page for the Apple Smart Cover Compatible feather® Case up on their site.

I've been trying to access their page, but it seems unavailable today. Also, the odd thing is that the box of the case I bought does say "especially made for the iPad 2." Though that is certainly true, the case does not work as a perfect fit with Apple's Smart Cover.

AllanC
May 28, 2011, 12:02 PM
I've had this cover on my iPad 2 since it was finally released. Super thin, looks great, fits very well, works beautifully with the Smart Cover and has a wonderful silky smooth finish. The combo works perfectly for me.