Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
Anyone own an Iskin Summit? I am wondering if it will fit the Ipad 2 with smart cover attached?

thx

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
Well, gonna take a chance and hope it fits, or will just return the cover.

Ordered summit case today. In hope that it arrives before next Friday :)

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Those were made to fit the iPad so I believe they will not tightly fit the iPad 2. You should have waited for specifically designed sleeves for the iPad 2.

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
Those were made to fit the iPad so I believe they will not tightly fit the iPad 2. You should have waited for specifically designed sleeves for the iPad 2.

Website does say it fits Ipad2, but I just didn't know if it fit with cover on, as with cover the hinge makes it a little wider. It doesn't need to be tight does it? Since its quite padded.

joltaxt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
I've sent them an email asking if they plan on just selling that one for iPad 2 or are going to create another version. I'll post the answer here.

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
I've sent them an email asking if they plan on just selling that one for iPad 2 or are going to create another version. I'll post the answer here.

Its listed on the website now, that it fits Ipad2. I was originally asking if the smart cover on if it will still fit. But pretty sure it will because ipad 2 is a little smaller in width and cover doesn't stick out much on hinge side.

Summit is arriving Today and will post my findings after I have ipad 2 in hand.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.