PDA

View Full Version : trying to unlock 3gs 4.2.1

flyer777
Mar 4, 2011, 02:45 PM
hello all, im trying to unlock my 3GS with bb 5.14.04 so im trying to jailbreak it using redsnow and i was reading up on it and it says to select the ipad baseband after the ipsw has been recieved but for some reason i am not getting that option to select the ipad baseband. the only options i get to select is install cydia, just boot tethered, and 1 other thing . can anyone help me out.

PsstGreek
Mar 4, 2011, 04:01 PM
Are you using the latest version of Redsn0w?

http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12945

Crystal-RX
Mar 4, 2011, 04:13 PM
hello all, im trying to unlock my 3GS with bb 5.14.04 so im trying to jailbreak it using redsnow and i was reading up on it and it says to select the ipad baseband after the ipsw has been recieved but for some reason i am not getting that option to select the ipad baseband. the only options i get to select is install cydia, just boot tethered, and 1 other thing . can anyone help me out.

Here is how you jailbreaking it so it is untethered.

1. download Greenpois0n and jailbreak it with greenpois0.
2. download redsn0w 0.9.6b6
3. download 4.2.1 firmware for your phone.
4. download Ipad firmware 3.2.2
5. Run redsn0w and just click on "install Ipad baseband"

The reason for the above is that Greenpois0n give you a unthered jailbreak. If you only run redsn0w, you will be sticking with tethered jailbreak. Also, when you jailbreak with Greenpois0n, it put the loader icon on your phone and you can run it to install Cydia. So, you don't need to click on "install Cydia" again when you run redsn0w.

kre62
Mar 4, 2011, 04:26 PM
Here is how you jailbreaking it so it is untethered.

1. download Greenpois0n and jailbreak it with greenpois0.
2. download redsn0w 0.9.6b6
3. download 4.2.1 firmware for your phone.
4. download Ipad firmware 3.2.2
5. Run redsn0w and just click on "install Ipad baseband"

The reason for the above is that Greenpois0n give you a unthered jailbreak. If you only run redsn0w, you will be sticking with tethered jailbreak. Also, when you jailbreak with Greenpois0n, it put the loader icon on your phone and you can run it to install Cydia. So, you don't need to click on "install Cydia" again when you run redsn0w.

DONT INSTALL the iPad BASEBAND!!! Worst idea ever.

Just wait for the next unlock, it's rumored to be available soon, and you wont have to permanently mutilate your phone.

Crystal-RX
Mar 4, 2011, 04:29 PM
DONT INSTALL the iPad BASEBAND!!! Worst idea ever.

Just wait for the next unlock, it's rumored to be available soon, and you wont have to permanently mutilate your phone.

I assume OP read all the risks of installing this Ipad. If OP wants to install it, he/she should know what the consequences of this baseband.

Applejuiced
Mar 4, 2011, 04:46 PM
I agree.
I'd wait a bit for a new unlock instead of risking installing the iPad BB.

labman
Mar 4, 2011, 06:02 PM
Dev-team has said they will release the unlock after 4.3 comes out next Friday. not saying it will be released te same day but hopefully soon after. Wait for that. if you upgrade Ipad baseband you will not be able to downgrade. very bad idea!

Crystal-RX
Mar 4, 2011, 06:12 PM
Just to clarify; I think you see lot of my threads with I don't recomend people installing ipad baseband. However, on this particular thread, OP is asking instruction on how to install ipad baseband and he/she needs our help. I assume he/she knows what the consequences should be and I just gave him/her the instruction on how to do it. It is not my idea. :D

kre62
Mar 4, 2011, 06:16 PM
Just to clarify; I think you see lot of my threads with I don't recomend people installing ipad baseband. However, on this particular thread, OP is asking instruction on how to install ipad baseband and he/she needs our help. I assume he/she knows what the consequences should be and I just gave him/her the instruction on how to do it. It is not my idea. :D

Cant fool me, youre the devil leading unsuspecting users down the path to iPad baseband hell!!

labman
Mar 4, 2011, 06:54 PM

I agree but I don't think the ts understand all the facts of side effects of the unlock. Also probably unaware that a new unlock is around the corner. if they still want to do it and not wait. then they should go for it. however I don't want to see them crying when the new unlock comes out maybe next weekend!

Applejuiced
Mar 4, 2011, 07:41 PM
Cant fool me, youre the devil leading unsuspecting users down the path to iPad baseband hell!!

Lmao:D

flyer777
Mar 5, 2011, 08:15 AM
Thank you all for the help and yes I'm aware of the side effects of the iPad bb. This phone was bought for a friend who needed it unlocked. The only way it worked was I had to use my other laptop for the iPad bb to come up and following all of your instructions