PDA

View Full Version : Incase Origami Workstation

dandaman2
Mar 4, 2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/origami-workstation-cl57820/2

Anyone have one / have used one? I was set on a ZaggMate for my new iPad 2 (Zagg put out a press release saying the new version will be out later this month) until I saw this product. I need a keyboard product that will allow portrait or landscape, but won't need it all the time - mostly for taking class notes or doing other school work on the go (in addition to a desktop-replacement MBP in the dorm which I will buy this summer when it comes with a free ipod).

Pros to the origami would have a full-size keyboard without uncomfortable edges (like the Zagg). Cons to the origami would be that its bulkier and would not integrate the iPad case. I'm not sure how I feel about not integrating the iPad case as I would have to remove the iPad case from the Zagg to use it anyway.

Anyone used it? Do you like it?

sam2428
Mar 12, 2011, 05:00 PM
I saw this today at the Apple Store today and was curious about the same thing. I too was looking at getting a zaggmate, but this seems to be a better solution as i already have a bluetooth keyboard and I probably would have bought another case along with the zaggmate any way.

I kind of like the idea of having this to use when i need it and when i dont need a keyboard it can just stay in my bag or something.

Aqua Bliss
Mar 14, 2011, 01:11 PM
Was thinking about getting this also - anyone have experience with it?

clyde2801
Apr 4, 2011, 11:08 AM
I've got the zaggmate v1, and there's no comparison to it's keyboard with the Apple BT KB. Got this at BB yesterday, and I think I'm going to velcro the bottom of my ipad2 shell/case to the top of this unit.

Shouldn't interfere with the stand, I can detach the two if I know I'm NOT going to need the KB, and the incase can serve as a sort of stand for the ipad, holding it at a slight incline.

jbiz
Apr 4, 2011, 01:04 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1125632