Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lululalalee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Hi there!
My soon to be 5 year old daughter's iPod touch died recently and we decided to replace it with a iPad 2. Considering her age, I will need some sort of case for it ASAP. She is generally very careful but has had a few drops with her iPod. I'd prefer one that isn't a book style case, more along the lines of a back cover that will protect the back and corners. For the front, I'll probably use a screen protector of some sort. I would appreciate any suggestions on cases that can offer some protection while not adding a lot of additional bulk or weight.

Thank you!

JaHawk2009

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2010
I really wouldn't recommend an iPad for a 5 year old, no matter how mature & sensible. It is not as rugged as an iPod touch and would break much more easily if dropped, even with a case. I would recommend an iPod touch 4G with an iNcASE Slider Case for someone that age to be honest.

iPad 2nd Gen

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
My three-month-old daughter has begun reading using the educational iPad apps. I have it in a Portenzo.

lanes1lva

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2011
Southern California, USA
Have to disagree with the poster above. I have my iPad 1 in this case:
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=509984

I toss it around all the time and it never breaks. Get a similar case for the iPad 2 when one comes out, teach your 5 year old to treat the iPad well, and I don't think you'll have any problem.

I personally wouldn't buy an iPad for a 5 year old. But, that is not my decision. get a case like that^ and watch over her well. Enjoy!

JaHawk2009

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2010
That case does look like the best idea. I am inclined to lose all opinion on this and just recommend you get the sturdiest case you can find.

Last edited by a moderator:

lululalalee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
To people who offered suggestions, I greatly appreciate it amd will look into the case that was suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Unfortunately, it may be a few weeks or so before we know of any cases for the iPad 2 that are actually decent. I just purchased a sleeve for mine to use until a case I actually like is released. Good luck with the iPad 2.

sweetpoh

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2011
Southern Utah
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.