PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 Launch - Syracuse NY Carousel Mall

pound4pound30
Mar 5, 2011, 02:59 PM
Plan on being there first with my Uncle (Now an Apple fanboy to me haha), anyone else going to be at Carousel on the 11th?

pound4pound30
Mar 6, 2011, 07:37 PM
no one?

sportykid2332
Mar 7, 2011, 06:21 PM
no one?

Hey I'll be there! Pretty excited. When are you planning on heading down?

pound4pound30
Mar 7, 2011, 08:25 PM
Hey I'll be there! Pretty excited. When are you planning on heading down?

I dont know yet, last year when the iPad came out at 9am I got there at 3am. This year it doesn't come out until 5pm. I will probably get there around 10, I have the day off of work so I have nothing else to do. It was fun last year hanging out in line for 6 hours talking about Apple. I was right at the front of the line. I think 2nd or 3rd.

sportykid2332
Mar 7, 2011, 10:49 PM
I dont know yet, last year when the iPad came out at 9am I got there at 3am. This year it doesn't come out until 5pm. I will probably get there around 10, I have the day off of work so I have nothing else to do. It was fun last year hanging out in line for 6 hours talking about Apple. I was right at the front of the line. I think 2nd or 3rd.

Nice dude, yeah I'm thinking of heading down around noon or so. I talked to a employee over the weekend and he said they weren't sure what time they'd be starting the line. I might call in the morning just to see what's up though, I live 40 miles away so I don't want to go too early or too late.

pound4pound30
Mar 8, 2011, 09:09 AM
Nice dude, yeah I'm thinking of heading down around noon or so. I talked to a employee over the weekend and he said they weren't sure what time they'd be starting the line. I might call in the morning just to see what's up though, I live 40 miles away so I don't want to go too early or too late.

Yea I live 40 miles away as well. My friend works at the Apple store so I am going to ask him if he knows any information.

sportykid2332
Mar 8, 2011, 08:39 PM
Yea I live 40 miles away as well. My friend works at the Apple store so I am going to ask him if he knows any information.

Yeah, I'm not expecting a huge line, but I want to get there early so I can get out asap.

MikeNemat
Mar 11, 2011, 04:47 AM
I'm thinking of driving down from Canada (only about 3 hours to Syracuse from Ottawa), unfortunately I can only leave in time to get there for about 4:30-5PM. Would you guys be able to post updates in this thread if you hear how many units they have in stock or how long the line is?

momin
Mar 11, 2011, 12:17 PM
I'm here @ the apple store now. I drove down from Ontario too! (Kingston) they have quite a few which is good, but the line is getting longer ( 20-30 people?) I think they only thing to be concerned about is the wait time if you plan on arriving at 5!

mysticseer
Mar 11, 2011, 01:49 PM
I'm here @ the apple store now. I drove down from Ontario too! (Kingston) they have quite a few which is good, but the line is getting longer ( 20-30 people?) I think they only thing to be concerned about is the wait time if you plan on arriving at 5!

Hey there fellow Canadians. I wish I was there with you right now but I have to wait till tonight to leave. If you guys get any scoop on the stock please let me know. I hope and prey I will get one tomorrow morning. I know the Apple Store in Ottawa usually has stock to get them through till Sunday. I just don't want to leave the USA tomorrow empty handed. Enjoy your Ipad 2 guys :)

osx'r
Mar 11, 2011, 03:46 PM
Hey there fellow Canadians. I wish I was there with you right now but I have to wait till tonight to leave. If you guys get any scoop on the stock please let me know. I hope and prey I will get one tomorrow morning. I know the Apple Store in Ottawa usually has stock to get them through till Sunday. I just don't want to leave the USA tomorrow empty handed. Enjoy your Ipad 2 guys :)

Also in Ottawa and was thinking about heading across the border tomorrow myself to pick up a black 64GB + 3G (AT&T). Would be nice if someone could pick one up for me - would offer a fair (but not a typically excessive) premium.

coledog
Mar 11, 2011, 09:03 PM
So did anyone ask how many they have left?
I didn't feel like waiting on line but if they have a bunch I might get one this weekend.

MikeNemat
Mar 12, 2011, 11:18 AM
I was about 200...250th in line out of maybe 500 people. When I got my iPad at around 7PM, I know they were starting to sell out of 16GB models (wifi and AT&T) and 32GB white AT&T.

They only had a handful (like 50-100) of those little cards guaranteeing you an iPad left at around 7PM so they will probably have sold out by Saturday morning.