PDA

View Full Version : MBA + iMac: How to keep stuff in sync

anjinha
Mar 5, 2011, 03:11 PM
I've never had a desktop and a laptop, I've always had one or the other. But now I'm considering going the iMac + MBA route. What worries me is, what's the best way to keep stuff in sync?

mcm2839
Mar 5, 2011, 03:45 PM
I tend to use Dropbox to keep my files in sync. I use the free account, so it's limited (2-3GB), but at least all my documents are accessible wherever I go.

UnseenLlama
Mar 5, 2011, 03:46 PM
I've never had a desktop and a laptop, I've always had one or the other. But now I'm considering going the iMac + MBA route. What worries me is, what's the best way to keep stuff in sync?

What files are you trying to keep in sync?

For documents, you can use Dropbox. For media files (iTunes), there are sync apps that you can by which will work over Wifi. Can't think of the names currently though.

hamean
Mar 5, 2011, 04:30 PM
i use mobile me for syncing calendering emails and important documents on my idisk. Also, mobileme allows you to access your computer from anywhere with easy screen access or file access.

You can also put a drive on your network, like an external and keep your media on that. It's easy to share between macs.

fyrefly
Mar 5, 2011, 06:36 PM
I like dropbox too, but I use SugarSync for keeping documents in sync between my MBP, MBA and iMac.

Their free service is 5GB (more than Dropbox). I've used them for years and always been really satisfied.