Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bengal1022

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I live in Maryland in what is considered the metropolitan Washington DC area; and I have been an AT&T customer since, wow - forever. I moved to AT&T from Sprint, and I couldn't be any happier with the customer service, pricing, call quality, and consistency with their network. When the iPhone 3G came out, I switched to it from a Samsung Blackjack 2. Since my company didn't support the iPhone, I was able to find a workaround using google. Well, about a year or so ago, my company's IT department decided to do something with the security which precluded me from further use of my eхploit, so I was forced to get a company-provided Blackberry Tour using Verizon - a day that shall live in infamy. It was extremely slow; I experienced drop call at a rate much higher than with AT&T, and I was so frustrated at the fact that I couldn't do anything else, such as search the web, while I was on a call. So I ends up carrying two phones. One to check work email and calendar, and my AT&T iPhone for everything else.

Well, I am pleased to say that my company know uses Google Apps (yeeeessss), and I am back down to one phone. But the reason for my post is to get a sense of whiter or not the complaints I hear about AT&T are regional. I rarely experience dropped calls; their network is really fast (faster than our guest provided wifi at work), and I can browse the web while on the phone with my wife (she is still with sprint). I was troubled at the most recent cover of Consumer Reports vis-a-vis their analysis of carries. On it it states "Sorry AT&T, or something to that effect..By the way, a majority of the people at work complain about Verizon, which prompted us to go to a stipend program for those of us the require to have a smart phone. So is service regional, and xo those folks living in areas of the country with limited AT&T technology have the loudest bark?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.