Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
I am hoping some of the usual suspects of the case world make slip cases for the iPad 2 that accommodate it with the Smart Cover installed. The Smart Cover from Apple is brilliant for its size and use as a keyboard/movie stand but obviously we all know it doesn't protect the back. Not a big deal most of the time but not something you want when you are throwing it in a bag with other stuff etc. Hopefully someone can design a slipcase for the iPad 2 + Smart Cover combo.

zoman504

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010
I purchased the suede slip case from SFBags but in the original iPad size. It looks like it snugly fits the iPad 1, so iPad 2 with smart case might work, If not, ill give it to my bro who still has the iPad 1.

AznVamp

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
SFBags!

Actually, after I emailed SFBags today they put up an option for the iPad 2 w/ Smart Cover for all their cases. :D Their cases are pretty nice!

However, I'm thinking to just get a netbook sleeve, since i'd only use a case if I had it in my backpack. Otherwise, a skin, like one from iCarbons, is good enough. ;)

bmat

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2004
East Coast, USA
Actually, after I emailed SFBags today they put up an option for the iPad 2 w/ Smart Cover for all their cases. :D Their cases are pretty nice!

However, I'm thinking to just get a netbook sleeve, since i'd only use a case if I had it in my backpack. Otherwise, a skin, like one from iCarbons, is good enough. ;)

I have their sleeve for my original iPad and it is just a little too bulky for me. It is more like it's own external bag, rather than a sleeve I can just put in my briefcase/messenger.

That said, I like their stuff a lot.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I am hoping some of the usual suspects of the case world make slip cases for the iPad 2 that accommodate it with the Smart Cover installed. The Smart Cover from Apple is brilliant for its size and use as a keyboard/movie stand but obviously we all know it doesn't protect the back. Not a big deal most of the time but not something you want when you are throwing it in a bag with other stuff etc. Hopefully someone can design a slipcase for the iPad 2 + Smart Cover combo.

iPad 2 + Smart Cover is thinner than iPad 1. Any slip case that fit the original iPad will hold iPad 2. I'm not sure why people think a special case needs to be designed for it.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
If you had an ipad 1 I bet the sleeve from that would accommodate your ipad 2 and the smart cover.

Mine did. It is a nice money saver until I make a decision on a case. I will not buy multiple cases this time.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
I'm using the Targus Crave Slipcase. Fits with the smart cover perfectly. There are hidden pockets to put the handles in if you don't want to use them. It's a tight fit so the only accessories you can fit in the exterior pocket are small things like cleaning cloth, earbuds, stylus, etc.

41KBw3YyvJL._AA300_.jpg

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
I have a Waterfield Ultimate Sleevecase for my iPad 1, which I'll be using for my iPad 2 when I pick it up this week. Very well-made. A bit bulky but there's room to keep a few accessories (cable, camera kit, compass stand) in the pocket.

gcarch

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011

Do you mean an all leather slip case for the ipad2 that looks like this? :))

photo.php

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
iPad 2 + Smart Cover is thinner than iPad 1. Any slip case that fit the original iPad will hold iPad 2. I'm not sure why people think a special case needs to be designed for it.

This.

I got the Marware leather sleeve (looks like an envelope) and it works great. I have a smart cover and belkin snap on the back.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Power Support leather sleeve is nice and fits with the smart cover perfectly.

Only $29 at Tekserve.

Dunkrag

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2007
Birmingham, UK
I'm using the Targus Crave Slipcase. Fits with the smart cover perfectly. There are hidden pockets to put the handles in if you don't want to use them. It's a tight fit so the only accessories you can fit in the exterior pocket are small things like cleaning cloth, earbuds, stylus, etc.

Danny_La_Rue4_1414313c.jpg

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
You might want to look into the Waterfield Designs Smart case. It holds my iPad2 quite nicely and then fits into my Waterfield Design Muzetto bag as well.

I have an ICarbons wood type skin on the back of my iPad and a Smart Cover, and as I said it fits very nicely into the Smart Case which fits nicely into the Muzetto bag. Both items are top quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.