PDA

View Full Version : Can't join tracks in iTunes!

cardsfan62
Feb 17, 2005, 12:26 PM
I searched for this topic, but couldn't find it. I'm trying to join tracks in iTunes, I've done this many times before, but it's been a while. For some reason, the option to do this under the menu is grayed out. Am I missing something? I can't get this to work! I'm using 4.7.1. Thanks for the help.

caribiner23
Feb 17, 2005, 01:42 PM
You can join tracks before you import them, but 4.7.1 does not let you join tracks once they're in your library.

I'm not sure if earlier versions allowed it.

cardsfan62
Feb 17, 2005, 02:17 PM
I am trying to join tracks before importing them... still won't work.

Loge
Feb 17, 2005, 06:04 PM
Make sure your tracks are sorted by track number (the left most column) and that you have more than one track selected. Any other sort order, and the join tracks option will be grayed out.

eleveneastgate
Feb 27, 2005, 03:49 AM
i thought this would be as good a place as any to post this. i suffered for the past couple years with that annoying ass gap between songs when itunes plays mixed cds back. just the other month i figured out how to get rid of it. it consolidates the album to one track, but the gap is gone. how to:

insert the cd and pull it up on itunes. click the bar on the far left to arrange the cd by number of song. select all songs that you want to combine into a single track. go to advanced --> join cd tracks. then reimport the cd and voila, listening bliss.

sorry if i'm just a dumb ass and you all already know this ****, but if i can help just one gap sufferer... well, then my post won't die in vain :p

Found this in DJ Z-Trip's MB: click here (http://forums.djztrip.com/showthread.php?t=12289)