Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpcanaverde

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
London
Hey I'm here with a friend's iPod Touch 4G and trying to Facetime. When I try to sign in to FaceTime with my email form Apple ID that is working for the App Store it says it could not sign in, to check my internet connection. I tried with various IDs (I also created some more) and none of them worked.

I read a solution to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 but it didn't work. What should I do? I really want to try FaceTime out with my Mac and another friend.

I don't have the SMS app enabled. I have the correct Date and Time. FaceTime fails to activate on the two Wi-Fi networks I tried, so it's not just my home network. FaceTime works fine on my Mac (I'm using different IDs on the iPod and the Mac of course).

Please help...

Thanks.

northerngit

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2007
England
Hi,

I had the same problem only the other day. However, this was with the App Store version on my MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.

I hunted Google, MacRumors and the Apple Support forums. Eventually I got it to work by going to:

https://appleid.apple.com

Log in with the Apple ID you wish to use with FaceTime and ensure you have verified your email address. Once complete you should be able to log in without an issue. The error regarding internet connectivity issues is extremely misleading.

If, like me, you still have problems, it may be because you have linked the email address to another Apple ID. I unlinked all my accounts, but then you can't re-verify your email. So I had to contact Apple Support and request they resend the verification email on my behalf. They can do this, but be warned.

When talking to them for MobileMe support - as my issue was with my @me.com address, they wouldn't send the verification email if the issue was related to FaceTime. I had to state it was simply an issue with Find My iPhone.

Once I requested this, they sent the email. Bureaucracy gone mad!

The whole Apple ID management is a nightmare - and don't even get me started on merging two accounts. Come on Apple, sort out your £$%$ :mad:

Anyway, hope this helps!

grease monkey

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Hi sorry cant help but I'm having a similar problem can log onto my ipod facetime but my wife can't log onto hers she can however log onwith my ipod and I can log on using her ipod but as soon as we revert back to our own ipods she can no longer log in. If you find out how to do it then can you please let me know Thanx

jpcanaverde

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
London
It just fails... And I have the email activated, I went to the manage account page... Everything is OK, app store works, just not FaceTime.

northerngit

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2007
England
It just fails... And I have the email activated, I went to the manage account page... Everything is OK, app store works, just not FaceTime.

Are you positive that any of those emails are not secondary contact emails for other Apple IDs? That's what caught me out.

jpcanaverde

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
London
I created that accont especially for FaceTime (and I tried it with the App Store too and it works), it's a unique email, and it's verified.

I restarted my rooter, rebooted the iPod, logged out of the App Sore and tried to activate FaceTime, logged again to the App Store... Nothing works.

jpcanaverde

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
London
I did it! I was browsing the web on the iPod when I go to YouTube and see that it is not working (could not connect to YouTube) so I googled a bit and found the solution for that problem.

Add cydia.pushfix.info to Cydia sources, and download YouTube fix #1.

Guess what? It fixed the YouTube AND FaceTime problem.

Weird, but glad it works now.

Thanks to everyone that helped.

jpcanaverde

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
London
Great, tried FaceTime with my Mac. When my Mac calls the iPod nothing appears on the iPod. When the iPod calls my Mac, it appears that iPod wants to FaceTime. I accept. On the Mac, it is establish connection forever, and on the iPod, calling forever.

This is very unApple, so many issues!

andreiru

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
Kurgan, RF
Great, tried FaceTime with my Mac. When my Mac calls the iPod nothing appears on the iPod. When the iPod calls my Mac, it appears that iPod wants to FaceTime. I accept. On the Mac, it is establish connection forever, and on the iPod, calling forever.

This is very unApple, so many issues!

FaceTime only works through a direct wifi connection. No proxies or 3G. Don't see why it can't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.