PDA

View Full Version : Airplay & Quicktime

BWhaler
Mar 6, 2011, 05:09 PM
Does quicktime support Airplay and support the ability to show content on the appletv? It seems odd to be missing and only available in iTunes.

Shorties
Mar 6, 2011, 05:49 PM
Does quicktime support Airplay and support the ability to show content on the appletv? It seems odd to be missing and only available in iTunes.

I agree, I really hope that will be a part of the final version of Lion, its not in the current developer release though.

gnomeisland
Aug 29, 2011, 11:42 AM
Did it show up in Lion? I'm still running SL but my mother wants to stream from QT to her AppleTV. I was surprised she couldn't do it.

gentlefury
Aug 29, 2011, 12:34 PM
You can do this if you open your file using iTunes...not quicktime...its really dumb...but thats the way it is.

samsbeih
Dec 7, 2011, 07:23 AM
I downloaded an AVI file and converted it to MP4 but it wont open in iTunes so i can air play it, i did the same process with other files and it worked, but not this one file, any ideas?

MisterMe
Dec 7, 2011, 08:33 AM
I downloaded an AVI file and converted it to MP4 but it wont open in iTunes so i can air play it, i did the same process with other files and it worked, but not this one file, any ideas?AVI is a container somewhat like MOV albeit less capable. Standard MP4 uses final MPEG-4 video/AAC audio. Many AVIs are DivX-based, which is a combination of draft-MPEG-4 video/MP3 audio. Your "conversion" may have been only a pass-through which convert the AVI container to the MP4 container without changing the formats of the tracks inside. You need to convert the video and audio tracks and not just the containers.