PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the screen resolution for 13" Air.

HiddenGem
Mar 7, 2011, 03:16 AM
Hi,

I purchased a Macbook Air 13" about a week ago, after having a Macbook Pro 15" (pre unibody) and screen it sharper and whiter.

What do people think of the default text sizes and Safari usage etc?

Do people find the text smallish?

Do you get use to it?

I've played around increasing the default text sizes, but it doesn't always look right and can spoil a webpage layout etc, if you know what I mean.

Text on the Pro obviously felt easier on the eye and the whiteness had a warmer feel to it. I also wonder if the text on a 13" macbook pro is easier on the eye as the resolution is lower, so deafult text is larger.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

2IS
Mar 7, 2011, 03:50 AM
I find the text acceptable most of the time but I'll zoom in one notch every once in a while.

GekkePrutser
Mar 7, 2011, 05:23 AM
I think you can change the white point of the screen to a warmer setting using the display calibrator. It's under System Preferences -> Monitors -> Color and click on Calibrate. You might have to use the advanced settings.

I've never used it for changing the white point (I usually leave it at D65), but I always do calibrate my Macs on sight (I don't have a colorspider)

Xeperu
Mar 7, 2011, 05:41 AM
I believe the resolution is spot on. Nice and crisp. I've worked on a 1600x900 13" Vaio and a FullHD 13" Vaio, and I believe both are a bit too high res for my taste. Maybe in due time.

Doc750
Mar 7, 2011, 05:43 AM
I definitely agree the screen on my MBP 17 is much nicer then the MBA. I played around with some of the settings, but it didn't help too much.

aleni
Mar 7, 2011, 05:59 AM
2 years ago, i switched from 13" mbp to 17" mbp with 1900x1200px. damn my eyes sored all the time, i almost sell it, but i decided to give my eyes to adapt and in the end i'm used to the res by now. it took me about 2 months to adapt to the small text on safari. i didn't try to zomm in the text in safari because it's really a hassle to do it all the time and i know what u meant about messing up with site's layout. it was 2 months of sored eyes and it's worth it in the end.

stockscalper
Mar 7, 2011, 06:59 AM
Do a search of these forums. A lot of people have posted profiles after calibration. I downloaded one and am using it.