PDA

View Full Version : No more Power Support screen protection films?

kfscoll
Mar 7, 2011, 11:46 AM
I was browsing Power Support's website (http://www.powersupportusa.com) this morning to see if they had any plans to release a film for the iPad 2. Much to my dismay, they don't list ANY iPhone 4 or iPad films for sale on their website any more. Does anyone know...have they been discontinued?

*UPDATE* - I called and they said they plan to release an iPad 2 film late April - early May. They also said that they didn't show iPad or iPhone 4 films on their website because it's "down."

Icaras
Mar 7, 2011, 01:11 PM
Yup, just got an email answering my question for availability. I still value Power Support as the best quality you can get for screen protectors, but jeez, does it really take 2 months to simply cut a hole out for the facetime camera? :confused:

dread
Mar 7, 2011, 01:38 PM
power support is the best, but there is no way I'm going to wait two months for a screen protector. I guess I will go with SGP again, but I don't like how easily there protectors become scratched.

findnemo
Mar 7, 2011, 02:09 PM
Why don't you just use the original iPad screen protector?

I have a 3G screen protector on my ip4 and the camera is not affected one bit vs my friend's who does not use a screen protector.

CristobalHuet
Mar 7, 2011, 02:18 PM
I noticed this a few days ago and just called them minutes ago. They gave me the same answer, late April/early May, which is unacceptable. They told me it's because they actually measure the specs of the device rather than rely on measurements given by Apple, but it's confusing as to why this would take two freicking months to do!

I'm a huge Power Support fan, but like it's been said, waiting a few months on protection is not only unreasonable, but it's going to hurt their business. Wrapsol, Bestskinsever and InvisibleShield all are offering iPad 2 support as of next week.

Shame too, as I was hoping for a crystal clear front/back pack for iPad 2 much like they have for iPhone 4. I did the wet method with BSE for the back and it worked out fine, but I don't know how I feel about doing that on the screen directly. :(

Icaras
Mar 7, 2011, 02:55 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Why don't you just use the original iPad screen protector?

I have a 3G screen protector on my ip4 and the camera is not affected one bit vs my friend's who does not use a screen protector.

I did the same thing you did with my iPhone and it greatly affected the camera, but then again, I had the anti glare screen...hmmm

int3rnal
Mar 7, 2011, 03:18 PM
The screen protectors are back up on the site.

scirica
Mar 7, 2011, 03:19 PM
I've never understood why people put screen protectors on the ipad or iphone, especially the latest models. This glass is almost bullet proof, and it certainly won't scratch. I gave up on screen savers protectors after my first iphone (3G)and never have regretted it or had any screen issues.

kfscoll
Mar 7, 2011, 07:42 PM
I've never understood why people put screen protectors on the ipad or iphone, especially the latest models. This glass is almost bullet proof, and it certainly won't scratch. I gave up on screen savers protectors after my first iphone (3G)and never have regretted it or had any screen issues.
Anti-glare. That's why.

power support is the best, but there is no way I'm going to wait two months for a screen protector. I guess I will go with SGP again, but I don't like how easily there protectors become scratched.
I had an SGP AF (anti-fingerprint) screen protector before I got my Power Support protector and the SGP wasn't nearly as clear as the PS one. I know there's a new SGP UF (ultra-fine anti-fingerprint) variety out there so if the Power Support film isn't out before I get my iPad (I'm waiting at least until Incase releases an updated Convertible Book Case before I get an iPad 2) I'll go with the SGP.

gigaguy
Mar 7, 2011, 07:51 PM
Yes, antiglare and anti fingerprints.

Power support has gone down in my opinion, The fiasco of their leather portfolio ipad cases, taking many months to be sold, after appearing on the site, then they said it was production problems and the price was high at $80. I finally gave up waiting, as most did. Their credibility is much lower with me.
Their skins are good but at $30 I'll probably shop around next purchase.

jparris1
Mar 13, 2011, 03:35 PM
I just switched my PowerSupport Anti Glare (on iPad 1) with a Moshi Visor AG. Not quite as anti glare but super easy to install and no bubbles. IF they get their iPad 2 version out first they might be worth considering.

str8spd2001
Mar 13, 2011, 04:15 PM
I don't have an iPad 1 but does anyone that might have both knows if the screen are physically the same size? I mean if it is I wouldn't mind just getting the iPad 1 screen proctector.

sotie
Mar 13, 2011, 05:23 PM

My iPad 2 was received with a small 1mm scratch on the display. Luckily the apple store had a couple they had reserved in the stockroom for customer issues.

robby818
Mar 13, 2011, 06:53 PM
Love the powersupport films, but they are always late to the party when to comes to new Apple products. They sure don't seem to be in any rush. Their store is within driving distance to me so I have gone there to pick up films for my iPhone 4.