View Full Version : iPad 2 - Orlando, FL

dexter92
Mar 7, 2011, 01:21 PM
Where are you going? Millenia, Altamonte, Florida Mall
When?

I haven't decided yet...

Liberal
Mar 7, 2011, 01:44 PM
I'm in Connecticut for the week but if I was in Orlando I'd probably go to the Florida Mall or Millenia. Probably because it's the easiest to get to from UCF; you don't have to deal with the stop lights on Red Bug Lake and Alafaya or University and Semoran to get to Altamonte.

lgndavison
Mar 7, 2011, 09:00 PM
I'll be heading to Millenia but I'm not sure what time I want to be there for a 5p launch. Any ideas?

dexter92
Mar 7, 2011, 09:02 PM
I'll be heading to Millenia but I'm not sure what time I want to be there for a 5p launch. Any ideas?

I don't think iPads will sell as fast as say iPhones, so 4 would probably be more than safe imo.

EDIT- And millenia tends to get a pretty good amount of stock for launches too.

guitardave62000
Mar 8, 2011, 11:07 AM
I was going to head to Altamonte just because I was thinking it would get less traffic then Florida Mall or Millenia. I've never been to any for a launch though, does anyone know if they get as much product in?

dexter92
Mar 8, 2011, 12:33 PM
I was going to head to Altamonte just because I was thinking it would get less traffic then Florida Mall or Millenia. I've never been to any for a launch though, does anyone know if they get as much product in?

I have been to millenia and altamonte launches. From my experience, Altamonte gets less product and will sell out quicker. Altamonte also gets less crowds, so if you get there an hour early it probably won't be an issue. Millenia however gets through lines MUCH quicker. I was way back in line there and got my iPhone 4 quicker than my friend who was at the front of the line at altamonte.

guitardave62000
Mar 8, 2011, 12:51 PM
I have been to millenia and altamonte launches. From my experience, Altamonte gets less product and will sell out quicker. Altamonte also gets less crowds, so if you get there an hour early it probably won't be an issue. Millenia however gets through lines MUCH quicker. I was way back in line there and got my iPhone 4 quicker than my friend who was at the front of the line at altamonte.

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on trying to get to either place by 3, I'll most likely head to milennia to be safe. I could always run to the best buy and target right there if apple sells out

GeekLawyer
Mar 11, 2011, 11:29 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone in line in Altamonte? How many there??

77danj7
Mar 11, 2011, 12:35 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone in line in Altamonte? How many there??

Yes, would love to get some info for the Altamonte store!

GeekLawyer
Mar 11, 2011, 01:22 PM

I'm really bad at estimating the size of this line. Maybe around 100 or so?

It begins at the Apple store, snakes toward JCPenney, around the escalator, and back toward The Body Shop.

77danj7
Mar 11, 2011, 01:26 PM
My friend just arrived at Best Buy in Altamonte...
He is first in line...no one else is there and they do have them in stock not sure of quantity and style

GeekLawyer
Mar 11, 2011, 01:34 PM

Wow, tempted to head over there to BB instead! But with my luck, the line there would get crazy before I made it there.

GeekLawyer
Mar 11, 2011, 03:42 PM

Apple will run out of stock here at Altamonte, I assume. A store employee is going around with an app asking which model each person wants. Where I am, they're already predicting to be out of certain models. Sounds like 16 and 32 wifi models in black will be gone. No AT&T 32s left either.

Ugh.

GeekLawyer
Mar 11, 2011, 05:22 PM
Finally got mine about 10 minutes ago. They'll likely be sold out at Altamnote soon...

Zapara
Mar 26, 2011, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know anything about the stock in the Apple Stores in Orlando?

My parents will go to Orlando on Monday and stay there for two weeks. They are having their vacation in Florida and already visited several stores (Best Buy, Apple stores) in for example Miami, Fort Lauder dale, Key west etc. but all were sold out.

So does anyone has tips for them so they can get an iPad 2 in an Apple Store?

JMGvtec03
Mar 27, 2011, 08:20 PM
I went to the millennia mall store last Wednesday, got there around 7:30am, was about 100+ in line already. They must have had plenty that day, but some models were out of stock. I was able to snag pretty much what I wanted, may exchange for a bigger size though.

Zapara
Mar 28, 2011, 12:31 PM
I went to the millennia mall store last Wednesday, got there around 7:30am, was about 100+ in line already. They must have had plenty that day, but some models were out of stock. I was able to snag pretty much what I wanted, may exchange for a bigger size though.

Which model do you have?

eawmp1
Mar 28, 2011, 12:33 PM
Look around guys...Walmart has a few.

JMGvtec03
Mar 28, 2011, 03:03 PM
Which model do you have?

Bought a 32 white Verizon and Black 16 wifi...

Wanted 64 Verizon though.

Noticed yesterday that the screen has quite a bit of light bleeding though so may just return until later anyway...

Zapara
Mar 28, 2011, 04:19 PM
Bought a 32 white Verizon and Black 16 wifi...

Wanted 64 Verizon though.

Noticed yesterday that the screen has quite a bit of light bleeding though so may just return until later anyway...

Do you know if they had a lot of black 16gb wifi models? My parents are in Orlando for their city trip, and they want to bring an iPad 2 with them when they come back. They already went to Wall Mart, but they only had the bigger models (64GB).

JMGvtec03
Mar 29, 2011, 08:30 AM
Do you know if they had a lot of black 16gb wifi models? My parents are in Orlando for their city trip, and they want to bring an iPad 2 with them when they come back. They already went to Wall Mart, but they only had the bigger models (64GB).

Its pretty much a given that they will sell out of thier previous days shipment the next morning, when you wait in line that long most people were just buying what was left... You will just have to check with them on a daily basis when they get down there.

alia
Mar 29, 2011, 08:35 AM
I struck out at the Apple Store multiple times this past weekend (although I would say to go to Altamonte over Millenia - lines are WAY shorter), but I ended up getting exactly what I wanted, a 64 GB ATT White, at Best Buy Altamonte (someone had held it and never showed up to get it, so I lucked out).

Zapara
Mar 29, 2011, 09:39 AM
deleted...

Zapara
Mar 30, 2011, 10:31 AM
No 16GB WiFi and 32GB WiFi at Apple Store (Milliminium Mall) and Best Buy Today. Too bad, hopefully Tomorrow a new chance to get one.

Zapara
Mar 31, 2011, 10:28 AM
Got mine today!!

MacDaddy08
Apr 6, 2011, 07:21 AM
You guys should try the area Target's if you're still looking for an iPad 2. Check this out: http://www.ipad2locator.com/#32802

It will check all the local Target inventories for iPad 2's and let you know what's available and where. That's how I got my Black 16GB Wifi in Jacksonville. Also, Target has a protection plan for an extra $50 if you buy from them that covers ALL damage, manufacturer defects and accidental for 3 years, well worth it.