Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
Anyone planning on getting there super early? If so what time? I work on Friday but will leave early to insure that I can get one. I held off on the first one and am now waiting my first iPad really bad!!! ;) Can't wait for it to come by ordering online. Want the 32GB WiFi+3G not picky about color.

RR1818

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I'll be there. I don't think the line will be very long, so I'm only planning on getting there 2-3 hours early.

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
I wasn't planning on getting there until about 4:30 or so. Maybe I need to make it earlier then to ensure I can get one. I will be pissed if I don't. ;)

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
i'm not getting there til 4.

does anyone know if they'll allow a part cash, part credit/debit transaction?

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
When I went and got my iPhone 4 they had to put the cash on a gift card and then I could do the rest on the credit card. I would assume it would be the same for the iPad.

YodaGuy5

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
West Des Moines, IA
Do you guys think that will be enough time? I ordered mine this morning online and thinking about stopping by to see what the line is like. I work across the street so should be there about 3:45.

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
I'm cutting out of work earlier today to get there around 3:30. I hope there isn't a huge line. I thinking with the other stores that will carry it, that it might not be as long. :D

YodaGuy5

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
West Des Moines, IA
Well I know Walmart, Best Buy, and Target are getting them too.

The guy at Target last night said he had no clue on the amount but that they are getting all of them. I have a feeling they won't get many. When PS3's came out they only got a few per store and we waited 2 days to secure a 1st place spot.

Best Buy is giving tickets out around 430 but I bet a ton of people will be there. I've gotten a few phones there before and went way early.

I think this 5 PM selling time is going to suck because everyone gets off at that time. Oh well if I can't find one today I'll just wont cancel the one I ordered this morning at 3 AM.

PCClone

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2010
I will be at Jordan Creek around 2:00 to check things out. If no line, I will come back at 3:30. I heard the supplies at the other stores are very limited, but I urge everyone else to go to those stores and not the Apple store.

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
Well I know Walmart, Best Buy, and Target are getting them too.

The guy at Target last night said he had no clue on the amount but that they are getting all of them. I have a feeling they won't get many. When PS3's came out they only got a few per store and we waited 2 days to secure a 1st place spot.

Best Buy is giving tickets out around 430 but I bet a ton of people will be there. I've gotten a few phones there before and went way early.

I think this 5 PM selling time is going to suck because everyone gets off at that time. Oh well if I can't find one today I'll just wont cancel the one I ordered this morning at 3 AM.

I called the Best Buy on University and the person there told me they weren't doing the ticket system and that they will go on sale at 5pm. I tried calling the one by Jordan Creek and couldn't get anyone to answer. If I can get it at Best Buy I will (just for the points) otherwise the Apple store will be my next option.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
thinking about heading there earlier. do any of you guys have twitter accounts and will be updating from line? would be a good, easy way to communicate the length of the line and stuff.

I'm leaving for vacation at 7. Doors open at 5. I'll have to get there early in order to snag one in time!!

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
thinking about heading there earlier. do any of you guys have twitter accounts and will be updating from line? would be a good, easy way to communicate the length of the line and stuff.

I'm leaving for vacation at 7. Doors open at 5. I'll have to get there early in order to snag one in time!!

I've got Twitter. bluedukies8 is my Twitter name as well :D. I would love to know the line status and if/when a line starts so I can try to get there sooner.

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
Wow I didn't think it would start this early. Wonder how big it is going to get :confused:

Someone at my work told me they have one held for them. Says they "know people" not sure how believeable it is.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Wow I didn't think it would start this early. Wonder how big it is going to get :confused:

Someone at my work told me they have one held for them. Says they "know people" not sure how believeable it is.

I worked there. it's very hard to "hold" a new release. It's possible though.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm here now. I suggest you get here quick.

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm here now. I suggest you get here quick.

How long is the line now?:(

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
Did you guys all get the iPad? I know the apple store ran low. I didn't get there till 3:30. They were outnof the 32GB black AT&T so I had to go to the 64GB.

Sent from my iPad :D

RR1818

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Got there about 12:45 so I had not trouble getting one. That was my first time waiting for a product launch and I would totally do it again. I'm usually one to order online, but I had a lot of fun today!

YodaGuy5

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
West Des Moines, IA
Part of me wishes I would have went but I'll just be patient. I have some games to finish on my PS3 and 360 plus a book to read on my Kindle... Still can't wait to fire up Garageband for the first time.

maryratliff

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2013
iPad 2 Des Moines, IA (Jordan Creek Mall)

HI everyone, My WI-Fi range is not so good. It signals lost most of the time can anyone give me the solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.