PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 - Charlotte, NC - South Park Mall

ryanwbmai
Mar 7, 2011, 02:19 PM
Anyone else here going to South Park? Im planning on being there around 11:00am. I didnt get my iPad 1 until a few weeks after release, so I dont know if there will be too long of a line. Better safe than sorry though. :D

Macdude2010
Mar 7, 2011, 04:09 PM
Right now I am debating whether I order online at 3AM or go to the Best Buy on Independence (right near costco's) I get out of school around 4PM so I most likely will be there around 4:15 if I go
I need to see which one makes more sense

dansto82
Mar 7, 2011, 04:25 PM
Wish i could be in CLT but im traveling for work. I like the BB at North lake or up in mooresville they seem to have hot item in stock more then the ones in South Clt.

ryanwbmai
Mar 7, 2011, 06:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I live in SC and the BB in town NEVER have a large enough stock of any Apple product. So I think I will be going to the source for this launch.

Macdude2010
Mar 7, 2011, 10:03 PM
I am now thinking whether I should go to the apple store around 4:15 to get a 32 GB wifi
Am I guarantied to get one if I show up then
I was thinking about getting one online but then I thought at best buy but I think I might end up going to the apple store
(I got to the iPhone 4 launch around 6:30 and was guarantied a phone)

mullman
Mar 8, 2011, 10:35 AM
Right now I am debating whether I order online at 3AM or go to the Best Buy on Independence

+1

The lack of pre-order is really odd and I do not have time to wait in line at our Southpark Apple Store for hours this Friday.

My plan is to hit the Target & Best Buy in Matthews Friday morning and if that fails, just order online for delivery next week: 64GB 3G (AT&T) Black.

ryanwbmai
Mar 8, 2011, 01:43 PM
+1

The lack of pre-order is really odd and I do not have time to wait in line at our Southpark Apple Store for hours this Friday.

My plan is to hit the Target & Best Buy in Matthews Friday morning and if that fails, just order online for delivery next week: 64GB 3G (AT&T) Black.

Unfortunately it doesnt go on sale until 5PM. This is at all retail locations. I spoke to WalMart and BB today. (3 different stores)

pcguru83
Mar 8, 2011, 01:53 PM
Wish i could be in CLT but im traveling for work. I like the BB at North lake or up in mooresville they seem to have hot item in stock more then the ones in South Clt.
That's good to know, I'm probably going to be hitting up the Best Buy at Northlake. I should be able to get off around 4pm Friday, so hopefully I'll still have a chance at snagging one. If not, there is a Target right across the street, so that's also an option.

bob5820
Mar 10, 2011, 11:15 AM
I thought about it but as much as I'd like to pick the iPad2 up in an Apple Store heading across town to South Park mall is too much of a PIA. I'll hit the local Target or BB instead.

ryanwbmai
Mar 11, 2011, 08:34 AM
Just got in line at the Apple store. 20 people already in line.

pcguru83
Mar 11, 2011, 08:40 AM
Wow. If you could keep updating throughout the day with what the line looks like, that would be awesome. I'm getting off at 2pm, and I'm torn whether I should go there or try a Best Buy.

Ciordia9
Mar 11, 2011, 09:01 AM
Yea 5pm at SouthPark sounds like sooo much fun :cool:

I think I'll swing by tomorrow and see if any stock is left, otherwise I've got an order already placed.

If you hear a quantity of stock on hand that'd be great for forecasting.

ylaenterprise
Mar 11, 2011, 10:18 AM
It only looks like the BB in Concord Mills will have the IPAD 2 for release today.

michaelu
Mar 11, 2011, 10:43 AM
How many in line now at the Apple Store in Southpark?

ryanwbmai
Mar 11, 2011, 10:46 AM
Wow. If you could keep updating throughout the day with what the line looks like, that would be awesome. I'm getting off at 2pm, and I'm torn whether I should go there or try a Best Buy.

11:40 - Maybe 80-90 folks in line. Starting to wrap around the corner. I'm thinking it's going to get a little more crazy around 2-3. Once people dart getting off of work early.

Some reps came out and said theyre giving out vouchers around that time. If you have a voucher, you get an iPad. If you don't it's up in the air.

I'll try to keep updating every hour or so.

pcguru83
Mar 11, 2011, 10:57 AM
11:40 - Maybe 80-90 folks in line. Starting to wrap around the corner. I'm thinking it's going to get a little more crazy around 2-3. Once people dart getting off of work early.

Some reps came out and said theyre giving out vouchers around that time. If you have a voucher, you get an iPad. If you don't it's up in the air.

I'll try to keep updating every hour or so.
Awesome, thanks!

ryanwbmai
Mar 11, 2011, 12:04 PM
1:00PM - 200-225 in the line now. Apple's wifi network MUST be getting workout. No vouchers handed out yet.

mullman
Mar 11, 2011, 12:30 PM
1:27 pm BestBuy Blakeney 5 in line.
Store will not confirm amounts, but assure they have all SKUs...

ryanwbmai
Mar 11, 2011, 01:01 PM
2:00PM - Roughly 300+ people in line. At this point I'd say if you're not here already don't come. I'd find someplace else to buy it.

lstroud
Mar 11, 2011, 01:20 PM
Anybody seen if there are lines or have any idea about inventory in the northlake/huntersville area?

chilly willy
Mar 11, 2011, 01:41 PM
2:00PM - Roughly 300+ people in line. At this point I'd say if you're not here already don't come. I'd find someplace else to buy it.

Thanks for the updates. I was struggling with getting to SP and watching basketball, but if 300 already in line, no need to stress. :(

Do we have any idea about lines at other BBs or Target/Walmarts? (aside from Blakeney)

pcguru83
Mar 11, 2011, 01:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

There's about 15 in line at the Northlake Best Buy right now. They've assured us they have a good mixture of stock but won't divulge exact inventory.

chilly willy
Mar 11, 2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks. Might try BB in Blakeney or Independence, or at worst drive up to Northlake - I'm in S. Charlotte, so dread idea of I77 at rush hour.

BlondeLocks
Mar 11, 2011, 01:52 PM
I was gonna head over to SP Mall around 4pm, but I see there is no point. So to alleviate all the stress, I just placed my online order to assure I get what I want. Also it doesn't hurt to get the free engraving.

2-3 weeks really isn't that long of a wait and I anticipate probably getting it before then.

ashwin309
Mar 11, 2011, 01:58 PM
Just out of curiosity - At SP mall - How many Ipads would they have in stock....I thought they would have atleast a 1000...if there are only 300 - 500 in line then isnt there a possiblity to get one even if we come around 5pm ?

methai
Mar 11, 2011, 02:00 PM
mullman, what's it lookin like?

1:27 pm BestBuy Blakeney 5 in line.
Store will not confirm amounts, but assure they have all SKUs...

Ciordia9
Mar 11, 2011, 02:02 PM
Just out of curiosity - At SP mall - How many Ipads would they have in stock....I thought they would have atleast a 1000...if there are only 300 - 500 in line then isnt there a possiblity to get one even if we come around 5pm ?

They had >500 for iPad1 launch but that was not dual-launching at other retailers.

BlondeLocks
Mar 11, 2011, 02:05 PM
There probably is a slight chance ... I would hope they stocked a lot in anticipation of the crowds. I think around 5p.m it may only get worse. Just my opinion.

I figured I waited this long for it, another couple weeks won't kill me.

Ciordia9
Mar 11, 2011, 02:10 PM
I figured I waited this long for it, another couple weeks won't kill me.

I pre-ordered one but have to drive by SP tomorrow for work so I was planning on dropping in and if they had stock I'd grab one and cancel the order. I'll report what I find tomorrow barring anyone here saying that 'sold out, no restock till X' idea.

BlondeLocks
Mar 11, 2011, 02:11 PM
I just received my online confirmation from Apple. My cover will be delivered on March 30 and Ipad 2 64G on April 6.

mullman
Mar 11, 2011, 02:21 PM
mullman, what's it lookin like?

Still good, just ~27

the1nonlyku
Mar 11, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hey guys I was able to get a voucher for a 32gb over at the Best buy at Blakeny. They only had 50 and 5 of each model. They are all gone.

chilly willy
Mar 11, 2011, 04:53 PM
I was right at the cutoff in the BB line at Blakeney. All they had were three 64gb ATTs in white and 64g Verizon in black. Did not want white, and am an ATT customer.

I then go to Walmart at Arboretum only to have a guy who walks in behind me find elec dept mgr first and grab last 64 gb black wireless.

Target at Stonecrest and Blakeney are out. Blakeney had FIVE to begin with per several folks in BB line at Blakeney. FIVE? Really?

:(:mad::(

mullman
Mar 11, 2011, 05:18 PM
I was right at the cutoff in the BB line at Blakeney. All they had were three 64gb ATTs in white and 64g Verizon in black. Did not want white, and am an ATT customer.

I was #3 at BB Blakeney and was quite surprised that they let the line build way beyond the _50_ units they had on hand to sell.
100+ people were turned away when 4:30 rolled around.

chilly willy
Mar 11, 2011, 05:22 PM
I was #3 at BB Blakeney and was quite surprised that they let the line build way beyond the _50_ units they had on hand to sell. 100+ people were turned away when 4:30 rolled around.

Were only a dozen or so of us unfortunates, so BB not to blame.

I'm just floored to hear Target had only 5 ipad2s!

Debating going ahead and ordering online or trying SP tomorrow.

ryanwbmai
Mar 11, 2011, 05:51 PM
I was 12th in line. They started handing out vouchers at 4:45. I decided on a 16GB White WiFi. The vouchers were numbered and we later found out it was in correlation to the iPad stock. My number was 64. 63 white 16gb remained after I picked mine up. Kinda sucks for those after me. My buddy is coming into town tonight and wants to hit up BB somewhere in town in the morning. If you guys hear of ANY remaining iPads please let me know. He's dieing to get one. Thanks guys. I love my new iPad!

BlondeLocks
Mar 11, 2011, 05:53 PM
So Target at Stonecrest and Blakeney only had 5 units each?

chilly willy
Mar 11, 2011, 06:23 PM
So Target at Stonecrest and Blakeney only had 5 units each?

Several people in line at Blakeney BB said they were told that there were only 5 units at Target across the street. My son went in and confirmed they had only 5 after my disappointing failure at BB - this was still before 5pm. Do not know about Stonecrest, except none in stock when I scurried there around 5:15pm.

lstroud
Mar 11, 2011, 07:06 PM
Still >250 in line at SP apple store. Bestbuys around Charlotte had about 50 units each. Targets and walmarts were much smaller (heard 5). Apple store is starting to sell out of some models.

Ciordia9
Mar 12, 2011, 06:22 AM
Any idea what final stock was and when they talked about restock?

AppleOrb
Mar 12, 2011, 10:52 AM
I think the Apple Store Sold Out of iPads!

bigocb
Mar 14, 2011, 12:21 PM
Called this morning and they told me to order online. They said they have no idea when they are getting them in.

Ciordia9
Mar 14, 2011, 12:23 PM
Called this morning and they told me to order online. They said they have no idea when they are getting them in.

ahaha, that cracks me up. They're probably like every other apple store you can read of in the forums-- check back starting tomorrow morning. Go ahead and get your order placed then periodically check in. I might swing by tomorrow afternoon to see what's up.

If anyone hears of stock through the next 2 weeks chime in.

AppleOrb
Mar 14, 2011, 11:36 PM
If you swing by tomorrow let us know what you find out!

chilly willy
Mar 15, 2011, 07:54 AM
Anyone headed over this am?

Ciordia9
Mar 15, 2011, 10:44 AM
Anyone headed over this am?

At the southpark store. There may have been a few this morning but there are none now. Won't even give a clue as to upcoming quantities. Just to waste time and stop in daily.

KTS1010
Mar 15, 2011, 03:45 PM
Man, I hope this store get some in soon, I wasn't able to go friday because of work and didn't order online thinking there would be plenty to go around. :mad:

pakrat77
Mar 16, 2011, 10:37 AM
I reserved a 32gb wifi at Blakeny BB Saturday night and still haven't heard anything. They said it should be in early this week. Though someone at the Rock Hill BB last night said they hadn't gotten any more in since their initial shipment.

My co-worker just called the South Park Apple store and was told the line started at 7:00 for first come first serve when the stored opened at 10:00 and they only get shipments in during the week.

Ciordia9
Mar 17, 2011, 08:50 AM
I looked at all the wifi Target URL's: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1113039&page=10

and found that limited quantities of the 64gb white's are available at a few stores. I don't want one that large but maybe one of you do. :D

Ciordia9
Mar 19, 2011, 10:51 AM
Anyone have regional updates?

pakrat77
Mar 19, 2011, 10:19 PM
Talked to a rep at Blakney BB and he said they got 5 16gb in the other day. Most of their reservations were either 64gb 3G or 16gb wifi mostly white.

LawyerBarbie
Mar 20, 2011, 03:24 PM
The Apple store at SouthPark got a TON in this morning...I would say 45 or so. I got a 32GB Wi-fi in Black....I am desperately wanting a 3G, 32GB in either color. If you got a 3G that you don't want or need, happy to meet-up and trade with you plus the cash difference. I only just joined so I don't know if I can get/send PM's yet but let me know! :)

KTS1010
Mar 20, 2011, 05:55 PM
The Apple store at SouthPark got a TON in this morning...I would say 45 or so. I got a 32GB Wi-fi in Black....I am desperately wanting a 3G, 32GB in either color. If you got a 3G that you don't want or need, happy to meet-up and trade with you plus the cash difference. I only just joined so I don't know if I can get/send PM's yet but let me know! :)

Wow are you serious, I didn't go today because yesterday when I showed up around 8:45 there was none and then today of course they get a bunch.

LawyerBarbie
Mar 20, 2011, 06:47 PM
Wow are you serious, I didn't go today because yesterday when I showed up around 8:45 there was none and then today of course they get a bunch.

Yeah totally KTS...flirted (I'm not above that) with the same guy who controlled the line today a little bit when I stopped by yesterday and he wink wink nudge nudged me to come back tommorow...so I skipped church (Lord forgive me!) and headed over at 9am (they started handing out tickets at around 8 but the store didnt let us in til 12). I was about the 15th person in line. Ultimately, the line wrapped around the store to the exit door...I counted roughly about 45 people in line who got one. They should have some Tuesday but no one could (or would) offer an opinion as to how many.

KTS1010
Mar 20, 2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah totally KTS...flirted (I'm not above that) with the same guy who controlled the line today a little bit when I stopped by yesterday and he wink wink nudge nudged me to come back tommorow...so I skipped church (Lord forgive me!) and headed over at 9am (they started handing out tickets at around 8 but the store didnt let us in til 12). I was about the 15th person in line. Ultimately, the line wrapped around the store to the exit door...I counted roughly about 45 people in line who got one. They should have some Tuesday but no one could (or would) offer an opinion as to how many.

Damn well happy for you, I can't try during the week do to work. Next Sunday I may have to skip church and go, since if they are getting that many I might finally have a chance since the Mathews BB has yet to call me about my reservation there.

MattShaughnessy
Mar 22, 2011, 09:38 AM
South Park just got about 150 of them in this morning. I got there at about 8:15 and there was already a line stretching back down the hallway - sounds like people were getting there as early as 6ish. I wanted a 16gb wi-fi but ended up with a 32gb (all the 16s were gone) The guy there made it sound like they've been getting some in every day, so it sounded like availability should be increasing. If you're waiting for one, it'd be worth talking to them to see if they get any in that day, and then heading down early the next AM if they do.

Ciordia9
Mar 22, 2011, 11:19 AM
Looks like there is a 16gb black at Target's SW store.

Good to hear local inventory is starting to pickup. I was one of the late comers to the online ordering and it looks like what was to be an April 1st shipment has shipped today. So if you do have one on order know it will probably be moving soon too! :)

jahart23
Mar 22, 2011, 04:39 PM
So I found out that the mall opens at 7 for mall walkers. Does anyone know if they open ALL the doors or only a certain door? I don't go to south park often and when I do I normally go in between Cheesecake factory and Maggiano's. Does anyone have a suggestion for what door I should wait at to enter the mall at 7 am? I am really hoping to get a white 64gb Verizon iPad.

pakrat77
Mar 22, 2011, 05:03 PM
It looks like several Best Buys have had a model or 2 in stock this week. Last night rock hill had a black 32-3G and Concord had a few models available while Pineville still has nothing free. Today Rock Hill had black 32-wifi while I'm still waiting for Blakney to call me for that model on reservation. But Blakney had white 32-wifi at one point today.
So availability is picking up, but the options are scattered around town.

LawyerBarbie
Mar 22, 2011, 06:53 PM
Jahart23, usually the only entrance that is open is the "Tinderbox" entrance. Essentially, it is the underground parking lot near Nordstrom. You will have to go up an elevator and then Apple is straight ahead. Ive found that it usually open early.

moziaa
Mar 23, 2011, 11:39 AM
this is my first post & after being too lazy to wake up by 6am and stand in line & after 2 disappointing visits to apple store,i tracked down to its availability @ target store(Huntersville & Concord),you can go ahead & pick one today.Yesterday,i picked the last White Ipad left behind.

use the inventory tracker available in the link below..

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=12159692#post12159692:apple:

SMMAC
Mar 24, 2011, 05:04 PM
just bought ipad 2 32G white wifi at concord mills best buy. Guy before me bought the last 16 G. Salesguy said they had more still to sale.