Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanwbmai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Anyone else here going to South Park? Im planning on being there around 11:00am. I didnt get my iPad 1 until a few weeks after release, so I dont know if there will be too long of a line. Better safe than sorry though. :D

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
Right now I am debating whether I order online at 3AM or go to the Best Buy on Independence (right near costco's) I get out of school around 4PM so I most likely will be there around 4:15 if I go
I need to see which one makes more sense

dansto82

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Wish i could be in CLT but im traveling for work. I like the BB at North lake or up in mooresville they seem to have hot item in stock more then the ones in South Clt.

ryanwbmai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I live in SC and the BB in town NEVER have a large enough stock of any Apple product. So I think I will be going to the source for this launch.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
I am now thinking whether I should go to the apple store around 4:15 to get a 32 GB wifi
Am I guarantied to get one if I show up then
I was thinking about getting one online but then I thought at best buy but I think I might end up going to the apple store
(I got to the iPhone 4 launch around 6:30 and was guarantied a phone)

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
Right now I am debating whether I order online at 3AM or go to the Best Buy on Independence

+1

The lack of pre-order is really odd and I do not have time to wait in line at our Southpark Apple Store for hours this Friday.

My plan is to hit the Target & Best Buy in Matthews Friday morning and if that fails, just order online for delivery next week: 64GB 3G (AT&T) Black.

Last edited:

ryanwbmai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
+1

The lack of pre-order is really odd and I do not have time to wait in line at our Southpark Apple Store for hours this Friday.

My plan is to hit the Target & Best Buy in Matthews Friday morning and if that fails, just order online for delivery next week: 64GB 3G (AT&T) Black.

Unfortunately it doesnt go on sale until 5PM. This is at all retail locations. I spoke to WalMart and BB today. (3 different stores)

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Wish i could be in CLT but im traveling for work. I like the BB at North lake or up in mooresville they seem to have hot item in stock more then the ones in South Clt.
That's good to know, I'm probably going to be hitting up the Best Buy at Northlake. I should be able to get off around 4pm Friday, so hopefully I'll still have a chance at snagging one. If not, there is a Target right across the street, so that's also an option.

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Wow. If you could keep updating throughout the day with what the line looks like, that would be awesome. I'm getting off at 2pm, and I'm torn whether I should go there or try a Best Buy.

Ciordia9

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Yea 5pm at SouthPark sounds like sooo much fun :cool:

I think I'll swing by tomorrow and see if any stock is left, otherwise I've got an order already placed.

If you hear a quantity of stock on hand that'd be great for forecasting.

ryanwbmai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Wow. If you could keep updating throughout the day with what the line looks like, that would be awesome. I'm getting off at 2pm, and I'm torn whether I should go there or try a Best Buy.

11:40 - Maybe 80-90 folks in line. Starting to wrap around the corner. I'm thinking it's going to get a little more crazy around 2-3. Once people dart getting off of work early.

Some reps came out and said theyre giving out vouchers around that time. If you have a voucher, you get an iPad. If you don't it's up in the air.

I'll try to keep updating every hour or so.

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
11:40 - Maybe 80-90 folks in line. Starting to wrap around the corner. I'm thinking it's going to get a little more crazy around 2-3. Once people dart getting off of work early.

Some reps came out and said theyre giving out vouchers around that time. If you have a voucher, you get an iPad. If you don't it's up in the air.

I'll try to keep updating every hour or so.
Awesome, thanks!

ryanwbmai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
1:00PM - 200-225 in the line now. Apple's wifi network MUST be getting workout. No vouchers handed out yet.

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
1:27 pm BestBuy Blakeney 5 in line.
Store will not confirm amounts, but assure they have all SKUs...

ryanwbmai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
2:00PM - Roughly 300+ people in line. At this point I'd say if you're not here already don't come. I'd find someplace else to buy it.

lstroud

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
North Charlotte

Anybody seen if there are lines or have any idea about inventory in the northlake/huntersville area?

chilly willy

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Charlotte, NC
2:00PM - Roughly 300+ people in line. At this point I'd say if you're not here already don't come. I'd find someplace else to buy it.

Thanks for the updates. I was struggling with getting to SP and watching basketball, but if 300 already in line, no need to stress. :(

Do we have any idea about lines at other BBs or Target/Walmarts? (aside from Blakeney)

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

There's about 15 in line at the Northlake Best Buy right now. They've assured us they have a good mixture of stock but won't divulge exact inventory.

BlondeLocks

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
I was gonna head over to SP Mall around 4pm, but I see there is no point. So to alleviate all the stress, I just placed my online order to assure I get what I want. Also it doesn't hurt to get the free engraving.

2-3 weeks really isn't that long of a wait and I anticipate probably getting it before then.

ashwin309

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
No.of Ipads in stock

Just out of curiosity - At SP mall - How many Ipads would they have in stock....I thought they would have atleast a 1000...if there are only 300 - 500 in line then isnt there a possiblity to get one even if we come around 5pm ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.